Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Terrible Truth of Democracy - by Tau-killer, part 3.
Closed Thread
Old 08 Aug 2005, 13:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer
Default The Terrible Truth of Democracy - by Tau-killer, part 3.

The Fire of Democracy

WARNING - IF YOU HAVEN'T READ PARTS 1 OR 2, GO HERE NOW:
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9464.0

Someone has arrived.* Bringing up his username, he types in his password, accessing his account.* With a confident hand, he scrolls down the topics of the forum.* So 42 was right, the situation really was bad.* Who the hell did this arrogant Deathwatch person think he was?* Well, he’d be doing something about this.* He sends a pm to Deathwatch, telling him in short what a complete prat he is, then, having blocked him (as he has no wish to read Deathwatch’s inevitable reply) he decides to post something refreshing and controversial on the political/religious discussion board.* He is unaware that at that very moment, someone is accessing another account.
He has a message.* Glancing at it, he sees with satisfaction that it is not from Deathwatch.* He opens it and reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone!=topic=9464.msg158857#msg158857
So rude of you to block my other account.* Anyway, I'm afraid I have to tell you that this is now my forum.* I decide who stays, I decide what happens and I decide who goes.* Have a nice day.
And with that, Dizzy is banned from the forum.

The moderators (what’s left of them) have gathered on a MSN conversation, the mod lounges being no longer private.* Luckily TO managed to copy everything to harddisk before DeathWatch forced them permanently open, so not much harm was done.* Wargamer arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
TO, I have some good news and some bad news.* Firstly, Dizzy's just been banned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJay
And the bad news?
Quote:
I've seen what DW's up to. He's been keeping a tight hold over us for the past two weeks now, introducing more and more democratic regulations.* However behind that - he's slowly whittling down the g-mods.* Makes sense I suppose, less people who can potentially ban him the better, even though he has some sort of protection against it anyway.* There's only myself and Veq left now, and I'm pretty we'll soon be gone due to some minor trumped charge of promoting communism or such like.
Elflord arrives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord9d
Guys, we've just lost Veq.* Apparently something he wrote about a falcon in the eldar board was an insult against George Bush.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Online
Great.* I presume we still haven't lost any mods since the last time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
We lost God yesterday.* DW stuck his nose into the competition boards and started interfering.* God told him to go and shove his head up - well, I'm sure you can guess what he said and what DW then did.
Quote:
Happy days, happy days.* Elfy, now your here could you come with me, there's something I need your help with.
They leave and Rjay takes Elflord to DW’s account.

Quote:
Right, I've got a lead.* We've been trying to find DW's IP address for some time.* This morning, after hours of careful hacking, gnashing of teeth and sheer cleverness I've found it - or sort of.* It's encrypted with a password.* Here:* (He does some careful manoeuvures and eventually on Elflord's screen a box comes up with 9 little boxes inside it.* Text above says: Please enter password.)* Once we have his IP address, we'll know who it is and we'll, erm (RJay's imagination had never got further than this point.
Quote:
9 digits (with a sudden brainwave) Democracy, that'll be it!
Quote:
No.* First thing I tried.* I think it's an anagram of democracy.* That's the sort of neat little trick I'd imagine our friend DW to do.
Quote:
An anagram!* (faintly) RJay, with 9 letters that's three hundred and sixty two thousand, eight hundred and eighty possible combinations.
Quote:
seventy nine.* You forget that democracy isn't one of them.* Well, all the more reason to get going now.* I'll start with D as the first letter, you start with y and we'll get going.* I would have brought other people in on this but from I can tell of the system – it’ll alert DW if more than two people try to access at any one time.* (Musing to himself) DW thought he was pretty clever, but he forgot one thing - my utter brilliance, for where there's arrogance - there's a way.* I am God.
Quote:
You're God!* I didn't know he had a second account?
Quote:
No, I meant - oh never mind.* Just get on with it.
Back with the others – things are looking not much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Mal, what do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX
Ah, this is one of those times is it not where you all want to know what I think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVEATCH
Yes
Quote:
Because I will go on to give a very long and accurate report on the situation in incredible detail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Area
Yes
Quote:
Because I go into great detail on the pros and cons of each and every available option
Quote:
Originally Posted by every mod there
YES
Quote:
And you will all do exactly what I recommend because you're too lazy to think it through for yourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
(without thinking) yes.
Quote:
Well (starts thinking)

We're screwed.
Quote:
Well that sums it up wonderfully
Back with the two hackers, life is treating Elflord badly…
Quote:
cedormcay

(access denied - have a nice day)

cedormcya

cedormacy

(access granted.)

cedormayc

Hang on!* Cedormacy.

(access granted.)

RJAY - I'VE GOT IT.
Quote:
Really?* Brilliant!* Now, let me see.* Yes, there it is.* Right, now, let's compare it with this list TO's er given me.* Right...oh my god.
Quote:
Whose is it?
Rjay bursts into the MSN conversation.

Quote:
WHERE'S RESTAYVIEN!
Quote:
He's on holiday, look at his account.* Why do you want him?
If anything, Elflord is methodical.* He finds it very difficult to believe such a dreadful thing of anyone, let alone Restayvien.* However the Ips do match…He has a sudden desperate idea.* With expert fingers he brings up a local LAN map of the network and of the link feed.* Rezzy’s is clear among the thousands of criss crossing lines.* Then – he sees it.* A smaller line – connected to Rezzy’s.* Obviously someone had tried to hide it.* Then he understood.* Someone had hijacked Rezzy’s account and was using it to control the DW account.* But who?* He tries to follow the thin line.* It’s difficult but luckily it doesn’t go far, only a few miles away in a neighbouring town.
The town of Aylesbury.
Elflord had an address of the true controller of DeathWatch.

Quote:
42, do you know anyone who lives at 36 Broughton Avenue, Aylesbury?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Why do you want to know?
Quote:
Just tell me
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Well I'd have to know why you want to know
Quote:
IS IT TAU-KILLER?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Well, yes...but -
Quote:
It's Tau-killer.* He's the one behind everything.* No RJay, not Rezzy.* He hijacked Rezzy's account, he -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
(having been listening for some time) very clever of you.
Quote:
Tau-killer!* Why you complete -.* I should have known, all those hacks.* I put you down as a first-hacker.* No skill at all.
Quote:
Yes, that was useful for diverting suspicion.

I've got the intelligence to hack and hack well, but you see, I just haven't the patience for the long term work.* That's why I had to use Rezzy.* Rezzy is a great believer in democracy you know.* He wanted some changes to be made and that's why he made the DeathWatch account with g-mod powers - so that he could get some subtle changes made.* Unfortunately, I'd been annoying him significantly before he talked to you, I believe I'd been taunting him about how rubbish Eldar Ulthwe were...anyway, because of that he came across as a lot more extreme than he intended - and you banned him, just as I had hoped.* That gave me the window of opportunity I needed to take control of the account for myself.
* * * * * * * * * And now, I get to destroy the site through democracy.* How fun!
Quote:
Why?* You don't believe in this democracy rubbish do you?
Quote:
Of course not.* I want to destroy this site utterly.* Why?* I tell you why - 40kOnline or EldarOnline.* For years, that was the best site on the 'net.* People flocked for miles to become members.* But then what happened -[ TauOnline emerged.* TauOnline.* And immediately it becomes apparent that TO is a much better place than EO.* EO's bigger but slowly, week after week, month after month, TO bleeds EO dry, as members abandon it to join this forum.* (Growing angry.)* TAU CURRENTLY BEAT ELDAR AT EVERYTHING AND I REFUSE TO LET THEM WIN AT FORUMS.* I WILL DESTROY THIS FORUM AND WITH IT - TAU.
Quote:
No you don't.* I know what protection you use.* You set it to to block certain people.* Well, you didn't think of me did you?* (He presses the button to ban Tau-killer)
Quote:
Really RJay - how stupid do you think I am?
The electrical signals, sent to destroy his account, turn around, going the opposite way they collide with RJay's account, smashing it to pieces within seconds.

Quote:
I'm protected by what I like to call a logic screen.* It logically blocks every attempt to ban me and turns the attack back on the perpetrator.* It picks up everything and anything that comes to my account.* Logically you can't get past it - goodbye Tau-Online.* Oh by the way – I’ve found out what Farwel te hurtyn means or whatever that Welsh was.* Have a nice day TO.
He leaves, and the mods are left in complete chaos.

Quote:
That's it.* Sorry guys.* It looks like we've lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Logic.* Logic.* TO.* Unban KJ.* Never mind why.* Just unban him.
TO unbans and KJ shoots back into his account in the same way that a married man shoots back into his trousers if caught having an affair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
KJ.* Talk to Tau-killer.* Talk to him - via pm, now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemaester Joe Roo
Ok.
(To Tau-killer)
Tau-killer, I love you, can we sleep together.
This pm is picked up by the logic screen…something starts happening

Quote:
It's breaking down.* TO - the logic screen's breaking down!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
Say it again KJ, say it again!
Quote:
Tau-killer, I love you, can we sleep together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
It's almost gone.* Ban him TO.* Ban him now!
Quote:
(his finger hovers over the ban button)

Translate this - colledwr
he bans.* The pulses of electrical information surge towards TK's account.* They are met by the last remnants of the logic screen, almost completely neutralised by KJ's sheer illogicness.* It smashes through the screen, such is the sheer power of TO's fury - and TK's account is ripped into pieces and deleted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42
That's why I never go near the debates board.* Logic is completely destroyed by illogic.
Epilogue – one week later – with all accounts having been restored.

Quote:
KJ, I'm going away for a few weeks on holiday.* Could you take over in my absence?
Quote:
Yay (having recovered - slightly) TO, we all worship you - thank you for this forum!
Thank you for taking your time to read.* I hope you enjoyed it!

By the way I must just point out that all the characters appearing in this are entirely fictional, and bear no relation to any person or persons living or dead.* Any similarities you may see are a result of two things:
1. An overworked imagination
2. The sheer brilliance of the author!
Old 08 Aug 2005, 13:42   #2 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default Re: The Terrible Truth of Democracy - by Tau-killer, part 3.

;D Amazing end to this story! Good to know things get back to normal.. and also less good to know that KJ has stange feelings for TK.. :P

The capture of characters is really good actually, I enjoyed seeing RJay's posts, very realistic
Old 08 Aug 2005, 13:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Commander Cool

very good job. the best of the three!
Old 08 Aug 2005, 14:21   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

How did you find out about my crush? Dudes, thats private!!!!!

For some unknown reason, they tried to douse a fire with salad.....

Hang on....TO, go on holiday again, I want to be incharge and wear the Boss's Best Boss Hat!

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 08 Aug 2005, 14:28   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ha. The whole thing was half inspired by this:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=8489.0

(seventh post down.)
Old 08 Aug 2005, 14:30   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

I am inspiration!!!! <plays air guitar like mad>

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 08 Aug 2005, 17:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

No part 4???!

Damn!

Enjoyable though. i preferred ti though when DW was destroying everything. you should have had some examples.

Still, quite impressive!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 08 Aug 2005, 17:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

sorry. :P I think I did say earlier it was to be a trilogy. Anyway, glad you liked it.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 21:06   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Feugan AM

Funny! Make more things like it! It was great! And I wasn't innit! *sulk* Well, good job!

I am aware that my name isn't spelled curektlee.
Old 08 Aug 2005, 21:39   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

That was awesome.
The only problom is that I'm apperently still banned...