Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Support for an A&A 40k Game
View Poll Results: What Race would you like included in an A&A 40k game? (Bar IG, SM and Orks)
Tau 10 31.25%
Eldar 5 15.63%
Necrons 1 3.13%
Tyranids 4 12.50%
Mechanicus 7 21.88%
Other 4 12.50%
None, just the 3 1 3.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Jun 2010, 16:13   #31 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Tau_devil Send a message via Yahoo to Tau_devil
Default Re: Support for an A&A 40k Game

Not a problem. You just need to add a lie tht stats, ignore if the army only has one unit type.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 23:59   #32 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ok, here is the map with Sea Zones, version 2.6 :P. There are 33 sea zones. I have some naval units available to the factions. The aren't very major, since Naval combat is not really that big in 40k, but I figured there was too much water on this map not to utilize it.

thoughts?

In other news, I have units, special rules and tech trees for pretty much all of the races I will include.

I plan to divide the map into Zones, so in the signup you would chose your race/colour/Deployment Zone, and the location of your HQ.

I am also changing the A&A rules a bit here. Instead of Factories, you will have your main base (HQ) which is indestructable, but capturable. You will be able to build 'Forward Bases' where you can launch aircraft, produce troops and other special things. These however are destroyed if captured by the enemy.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 01:11   #33 (permalink)
Shas'El

You gonna put bridges to connect the islands to the main land?
Old 30 Jun 2010, 05:22   #34 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
You gonna put bridges to connect the islands to the main land?
no, but Air and Sea transports are relatively cheap or standard. Also, the Eldar have webway gates on all the islands (their special ability).

Also the Tau have the manta instead of a titan, which can carry up to 4 units like a transport plane

Edit: However there should be a land bridge between East and West Aquis Hives.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
Old 30 Jun 2010, 07:21   #35 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well the chimera is amphious, the eldar and the tau can just skim over it. Orks would build submarines and sm would just use the thunderhawk.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 08:53   #36 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

This looks very interesting. It's a shame that I am so busy at the moment because I'm looking at the map and already getting ideas of defensive lines etc.

I assume that the map will end up having territory values of some sort upon it like the A&A maps. This is a good job Jonga, and a very nice map.

I am free to help and advise if you'd like.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 14:55   #37 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD
Well the chimera is amphious, the eldar and the tau can just skim over it. Orks would build submarines and sm would just use the thunderhawk.
True, but for game purposes, i have put in ships anyway. Not all units come standard with devilfish or chimera. These are actually upgrades. The Thunderhawk is the Space Marine aircraft, and the Submerisble is the standard Ork Ship. I did think that ships were unnecessary, and that i could just have everyone fly everywhere, but I thought naval combat could add another possible tactical focus. More often than not I find it relatively ignored in favour of ground combat anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman
This looks very interesting. It's a shame that I am so busy at the moment because I'm looking at the map and already getting ideas of defensive lines etc.
I assume that the map will end up having territory values of some sort upon it like the A&A maps. This is a good job Jonga, and a very nice map.
I am free to help and advise if you'd like.
If an Opening appears later on in the game, you could slip in if you had the time. Thanks for the offer for advise. There are a few rules that I want a second opinion on, once I get them into some cohesive order, I may PM you and you can tell me what you think.
Old 30 Jun 2010, 15:35   #38 (permalink)
Shas'El

It would be interesting. But the only mention of tau ships in fluff is fishing vessels. Don't know about eldar but the bfg fluff for them suggests that they did use sea fairing vessels in the past and that thier space ships are more akin to boats the space ships. Orks don't really care . I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

I know dangerman has already offered but if you would like an extra set of eyes I'd be willing to help.