Slovenia 1 1.47%
Switzerland 1 1.47%
England 15 22.06%
New Zealand 5 7.35%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Jun 2010, 21:52   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default 2010 FIFA WORLD CUP!!!!

I am surprised that no one actually made a thread about this at all.

Just talk about the current World Cup here.

EDIT: Oh yeah, teams I suppport are Brazil, Germany and for interest sake South Africa.

So far the teams I support had the scores as stated below

Brazil vs North Korea = 2-1
Germany vs Australia = 4- 0
South Africa vs Mexico = 1-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jun 2010, 22:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to coolmule
Default Re: 2012 FIFA WORLD CUP!!!!

All together now:

INGERLUUND!

You know it's 2010 right?
Old 15 Jun 2010, 23:22   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Cause no one cares about a bunch of amateur dramatics prancing around for 90 minutes whilst avoiding getting hit by the ball or each other?

I wish I did care, the guys at work get time off to watch next weeks England game.

Course, I do want England to win, cause, you know, I'm english.

Plus we're not cheating handballing douche's like a certain south american team or lately the french.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
y'xa'uk hels like. Eng vs USa was .like 1-1 all wis was ggya like so do add that up much.,

Cool.

gens
Let me make this make sense now I'm sober.

What I meant to say was that England vs USA match was 1-1, which needs to be added to the list of scores and I also believe that North Korea lost their match last night, but I don't know the scores.

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 03:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I've taken a bit of an interest in football lately (a Chelsea fan) so I'm rather enjoying the World Cup. I don't really know anyone off the US team so I couldn't care much less if they win or not, but I was rather happy with their draw against England the other day. While I wouldn't mind seeing the USA do well, I'm rooting for England to win overall. If that's going to happen with Fabio Capello at the reins is yet to be seen...

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 09:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm pretty concerned that the crap teams seem to be doing so well. USA is absolute garbage and they managed a draw against Endland? The same thing happened with Paraguay and Italy. Now everything thinks Germany is going to win because they were pretty much the only ones with a strong victory. Germany always gets high, but I really don't think they're going to pull it off. They will probably get to the semifinals, but they're going to play either Spain or Italy. Spain will beat Germany most likely, and Italy has never lost to Germany in a WC match.

USAFTACP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 10:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

None... I'm waiting for the Rugby world cup next year! Now that is a real sport...
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:42   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

A real sport for those more inclined to male 'bonding'.

England don't stand a chance. If we can't trounce America at football then we certainly aren't going to beat any of the bigger teams like Argentina, Spain, Germany, Brazil or Portugal.
The US played well (for them), and dominated the midfield, but then we did have the stupid decision to play Wright-Phillips on the left (he is a right sided player and can't use his left foot well) with Lennon on the right. SWP does the same job as Lennon, but Lennon does it better, so they should have played Joe Cole on the left, who has experience at world cup level playing that position (and bloody well too!). Heskey should never have made the squad imo, but he made some okay plays, they were just outweighed by his consistent desire to move forward and be offside, that and shooting directly at the keeper and passing to defenders on the opposing side...

So let's look at the real contenders:
Argentina - my favourites going in blind, didn't play well in their first game. They have the best players in the world up front, Messi is a miracle on legs! I think they will still do very well even if they don't win it. I guess the Maradonna thing could work either way as he is a little unpredictable.

Brazil - Strong side, but they always have the same weaknesses. Still their flair, agility and pure strength on the ball could well see them to the top, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Germany - By far the strongest side so far. Their opening game was by no means a forgone conclusion, but they should have won. Very strong in defence, good keeper. They have the old school West Germany ability to build it very slowly from defence all the way up the field, making use of any openings, and the strikers do not miss often (something like a one goal in two games average at this level)! If England don't win the group and get Germany next, forget it.

Holland - Never won the cup, curse of the orange. Strong side as usual, but I don't expect much more than England from them.

Spain - Another favourite of mine. Very strong team, I think they could pose some difficulties to any side they face.

Portugal - Always a good side, physical and also pretty handy on the ball. Somehow they never quite make the transition to being an amazing side though. Shame really as they have the players.

Italy - Zzzzz. Almost fell asleep in their opener. Defensive football is boring, and that is what we get for having an Italian at England's helm. Works for Italy, doesn't for England, we are two very different sides. Italy will cruise through, and THEN we will see what they are capable of. Or they will do 90's style boring Italian football (which could still win it in all fairness).

I might have missed a couple of teams out, but those are the main big boys for the winning.
Ivory Coast are always good to watch, though I wouldn't be too concerned that they will win.

Anyway, I shall be watching as many games as I can, because I love football. ;D

Commission?! PM me to discuss a price. Based in the UK.
[img width=650 height=74]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/glam_andy/Anubis.jpg[/img]

Fat bottomed girls make the rockin' world go round!
Anubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

We only drew because Green let the ball just slip by. I watched the game and to be frank we were walking all over the Americans, it was just that split second mistake that made it a draw rather than a win.

The squad isn't weak either, but I kind of maybe agree there Nubis I don't know the players well enough to say anything about how they tend to play, but from how they played in the first match maybe? Either way I assume that if changes to the positions need to be made they will be.

Roll on a Spanish match! I like their offense.

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:50   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Quote:
Cause no one cares about a bunch of amateur dramatics prancing around for 90 minutes whilst avoiding getting hit by the ball or each other?

I wish I did care, the guys at work get time off to watch next weeks England game.

Course, I do want England to win, cause, you know, I'm english.

Plus we're not cheating handballing douche's like a certain south american team or lately the french.
This. I can't wait for the world cup to end just so I can go back to pretending football doesn't exist.