Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Twitter
Old 01 Jun 2010, 11:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to coolmule
Default Twitter

Are any of you on Twitter? If so feel free to follow me @josephgrist

If not please use this space to moan about social networking sites instead.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 11:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmule
Are any of you on Twitter? If so feel free to follow me @josephgrist

If not please use this space to moan about social networking sites instead.
About the only one I use is facebook. Twitter always seemed so "forced down your throat", that I never cared to start up an account. Everywhere I looked last year, someone was going on about "tweating" this or that. Looked like a bunch of paid celebs promoting it. I guess all the social networking sites are like that, but twitter always seemed so in your face about it.

As far as moaning about social networking, well I could do that do. I think they could be a great way to keep in touch with friends from school and family who may live far away. What I don't like is some of the stupid crap I see my friend's write on their wall. It seems like they think every little thought that comes to their mind is worth sharing. If they called me on the phone to tell me this crap, I would probably hang up on them.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 11:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Twitter doesn't pay celebs, I don't think it makes any money. Celebs just like it. I agree that it seems like twitter is being thrown at you all the time though. I think it's cos media darlings are the kind of people it attracts. I do like it though, mainly because there aren't any 15 year olds adding all their friends as siblings on it.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 12:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Twitter doesn't pay celebs, I don't think it makes any money. Celebs just like it. I agree that it seems like twitter is being thrown at you all the time though. I think it's cos media darlings are the kind of people it attracts. I do like it though, mainly because there aren't any 15 year olds adding all their friends as siblings on it.
You believe that? Hey when I see the people on The Today Show talking about twitter, its paid for.

Ad.ly, a company that connects Twitterers and advertisers, says that Kardashian and Soulja Boy earn that figure when they endorse products via Tweet, says E! Online:

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/ask_..._products.html

Supposedly its about $10,000-$20,000 per tweet.

Twitter doesn't pay celebs, but people who have their products tweeted do pay them. I don't know if there is any source of advertising on twitter, but something has to be paying for all that.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Old 01 Jun 2010, 13:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I did not care for Twitter. Did not care for it.

It insists upon itself.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 13:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to ollieb8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter Master Seth
It insists upon itself.
What do you mean, how could something insist upon itself, you're making no sense!?

It's not like it's the Godfather.
[spoiler=40K Clones]Wanna play as clones in 40K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I'm amazed at how balanced this is. I salute you.
[/spoiler]
ollieb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 13:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Quote:
It insists upon itself.
What do you mean, how could something insist upon itself, you're making no sense!?

Lol!

@ Lord Scythian: Oh, people like Soulja Boy and Justin Bieber are gonna be purely about selling themselves or something else. But you don't follow people like that unless you're a moron/14 year old girl. The people to follow are comedians, artists and celebrities who are famous for talent. (as well as friends, obviously). Perhaps it works better in Britain where to be famous on a national level isn't nearly as hard, or as big a deal.
Old 01 Jun 2010, 14:01   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Quote:
It insists upon itself.

Lol!

@ Lord Scythian: Oh, people like Soulja Boy and Justin Bieber are gonna be purely about selling themselves or something else. But you don't follow people like that unless you're a moron/14 year old girl. The people to follow are comedians, artists and celebrities who are famous for talent. (as well as friends, obviously). Perhaps it works better in Britain where to be famous on a national level isn't nearly as hard, or as big a deal.
There are a lot of morons/14 year old girls though... lol

As for Britain, I am not sure what it takes to be famous, but in the US it takes a shit ton of money, (at least it seems like it does).

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Old 01 Jun 2010, 14:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

The best publicity Twitter could ever get is "Stephen Fry uses it." If that's not enough to make me use it, then nothing will be.

Unless someone offers me $10,000-20,000 per "tweet," which isn't likely to happen for a few years at least (better get published first ), then I'll be staying away.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jun 2010, 15:22   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

I am not 6th level so how can I have any followers and thus I do not have the leadership feat :P Cohorts are a lot better anyway :P

Anyway you cannot fit much in 140 charecters and why bother if I am forced to type that short to explain anything.

If celebs were promoting it doesn't that mean you should not do it?