Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Zombie game: Class 3 Outbreak
Old 17 May 2010, 11:43   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Zombie game: Class 3 Outbreak

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I've just come across Class 3 Outbreak, a free online zombie survival game. Something that makes it somewhat unique is that the creators used Google Maps to make the two game maps from real locations in Washington DC, USA and Leicester, England (the latter of which is where I actually went to University, though I don't recognise the area in the game).
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 11:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Zombie game: Class 3 Outbreak

I might have to give this a try purely because I grew up in Leicester before I moved when I was 6.
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 13:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I played on D.C. just now and that was intense, especially toward the end. Hard Mode wasn't much harder and Survival Mode is just insane. I think I'll try London now...

[spoiler=D.C.]When that huge wave comes from the north, I nearly pooed myself. I had two of my teams holding intersections up there and both nearly got swamped. Then when the call for scientists came through, I pulled one of my teams back to the evacuation point to hold it (a great idea seeing as it was infected a minute or two later ) and sent the other two teams to nab those pesky scientists. But since I had my teams so far north trying to stem the tide of undead, I had to fight my way though that northern park/forest/wooded area to get to that big clump of three on the edge of Zed's advance. Blasted my way through the zombies, grabbed them, and began to make my way to the evac point. By that time, team two who had pulled back from the Northern Line to grab scientists, already had a group at the evac point.

Then comes the news about the fricking nuke and the need for pilots. My second team, the team who just saved some egg-heads I then sent out for a pilot and my team who had headed north for that large group I diverted to grab a pilot out there who was dangerously close to the Red Zone. Got to him just after the zombies reached his neighborhood and manged to shoot the zombie chasing him before he was infected. :P Unfortunately, getting to the evac point with this team now meant battling my way though a ton of zombies. My first team that I had sent for a pilot, at this point, was already on it's way back and the timer was ticking... Team One, scientists and pilot in tow, headed for the evac point, battling and blasting their way though the undead tide. I immediately knew that they didn't stand a chance...

With five seconds on the clock, team two finally made it back with their pilot (and four more scientists), but team one was still in the thick of it, just over half way there. I had no choice but to pull out... At least it was quick for them...[/spoiler]

EDIT: London it even more intense than D.C. With D.C., you've got room to move around and there's quite a bit of open or lightly forested land, whereas in London, it's packed residential and sometimes your teams can't get shots on the Zed's until they're right on top of them! That and a nasty little surprise during the second phase... HINT: Don't deploy all your teams to deep in the city...

EDIT II: Good find, Sr. Thespian. Quite enjoyable and the use of the slightly photoshopped maps was inventive and unnerving. :P

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 14:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

...What is going to happen to my end of year exams :P.

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 16:15   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Awesome fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 16:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Police Evacuated: 6 600
Pilots Evacuated: 1 200
Scientists Evacuated: 11 1100
Zombies Killed: 353 706

Count Down Remaining: 0:46 230
Class 1 Duration: 5:30 1650
Class 2 Duration: 3:42 1110

Total: 5596

[hr]

Not bad for my second try.

This is pretty addictive for being so simple.

[spoiler]The first time I tried I didn't have enough time to round up the pilots - I had rescued a trio of scientists and stacked myself on top of the helipad. On the second try I rounded up all but one scientists and a single pilot before converging on the pad and getting out with time to spare. [/spoiler]
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 17:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Great fun. Gonna be doing that alot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 17:31   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

How do you play London?

Leicester was far too easy, got all the scientists, and one pilot (another got eaten on the way back to the chopper).

Walkthrough Gen style
[spoiler]
Use the three man squads to destroy the 1st outbreak very fast, while your smaller squad goes to the house with the 'car crash' outside it, and dead body in the back yard.

If your quick about it both initial outbreaks can be stopped before more than 10 or so people are infected.

With your small squad free 1st (that should have been an easy stop to the outbreak) send them south on the main road towards the bottom of the 'c'. Place them slightly to the left of the intersection near the parked cars.

This way when the horde comes from the south all the zeds on that side are trapped off by your officers.

By the time you've made this order you should be putting down the secondary outbreak in the suburbs to the east of the main road. Send one of your teams down to main road near the house with the writting on the roof and three 'x' in the back gardens, and wait for the invasion here while you mop up with the other team to the north.

When the southern attack comes let the zeds file up towards your officers, rather than try to force them back towards the edge of the map.

Your free officers to the north should move up towards the helipad in the North-west. Place them more to the main road, than towards the corner, because if the zeds get into the houses to the east, then it is far to easy for them to get a strong grip there.

Eventually the southen attack should let up, get your two man group (although it might be a single officer at this point) and take him north to secure the westen edges of the suburbs near the helipad.

At this point the zeds should be comeing thick and fast through the north-west. Pull the other three man squad back to the parked cars/road block area and stop trying to protect.

About now the call should be coming in for the scientists and another outbreak should have occured in the eastern suburbs again, ignore this outbreak completely and collect the majority of the scientists with this team while the other two keep the helipad area zed free but collecting the nearby scientists at the same time as their team NOT LETTING ANY PAST.

You should have most if not all the scientists by the time the nuke call comes in, and another outbreak should be occuring to west, and the one that you ignored is now very rampant. You should be collecting the pilot to the center north, and any others if you have the time and proximity to them.

Have your collection team assembel with the other teams.

I got a score of about 6000 or so with this, and I lost 1 officer and a pilot.
[/spoiler]

The US took me about 3 attemps actually, and I completed it on normal rather than hard. Even then I only scraped through with 1 pilot and only about 7 scientists.

My problems
[spoiler]
The main problem was the damn hospital and clubhouse going tits up and there is no way that you can contain those outbreaks effectively without lossing too much in the north and collecting like no scientists (well not as many as I would like).

Also, the way the houses work with the center north invasion makes it very difficult to contain that entry along it's lenght.
[/spoiler]

Walkthrough Gen style (not very good method)

[spoiler]
Again shutdown that first outbreak fast with your larger group. While you move your small squad to a position slightly north west of the initial outbreak to deal with the next one.

As your clearing up that second outbreak, move the team north to take out the northern invasion, this squad might be resigned to just simply slowing the tide, rather than actually containing the outbreak, so don't try and prevent every zed from passing, DO try to prevent them get too far to the west however because if you want the pilot on the west edge of the map, you don't want the area to be teaming by the time the call comes.

You should have the six scientists near the hospital pretty soon after that opition comes in, forsake the three to the far north-east and west, collect the pilot in the center of the map ASAP, then just get everyone to the hospital by any means possible...

[/spoiler]

EDIT: BTW while writing this I got upto 38mins on survival mode on Leicester, high score saved as 'Fail'. Beat that!

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 17:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
How do you play London?
[...]
Oops, my mistake. I guess I was calling Leicester London. :P

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 17:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm on 15 minutes survival on D.C. It's actually kind of boring and easy - survival mode, that is. The first time I tried it I holed myself up in some sort of mall or other large building and I was overwhelmed so fast it wasn't even funny. Then I decided to group my police together and stay on the move, which is so easy I'm considering just stopping out of boredom. When you're on the move the zombies don't have time to encircle you; there are only ever zombies to the front - your back is clear. There's a trail of dead bodies going halfway across the map right now, and I tire of randomly shooting zombies. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote