Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

London Tubes evacuated, reported incidents
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jul 2005, 12:52   #1 (permalink)
Aun'O

Default London Tubes evacuated, reported incidents

Hello all,
I just heard on two other forums that London tubes have been evacuated. Nothing has been confirmed, although there are rumours of a few incidents.

BBC News
Quote:
Emergency services have been called to three Tube stations after "incidents", Scotland Yard said.

Police confirmed they had been called to Warren Street, Oval and Shepherd's Bush stations.

There have been reports of smoke coming from two of the stations and all three have been evacuated.

The whole of the Northern Line has been suspended, along with the Victoria Line and the Hammersmith and City. There are no reports of any casualties.

Police also confirmed that emergency service personnel have responded to reports of an incident on a route 26 bus in Hackney Road.

A spokesman for London Underground said the nature of the incidents was unknown.

One hospital, near Warren St station, has started its emergency plan.

Sosiane Mohellavi, 35, was travelling from Oxford Circus to Walthamstow when she was evacuated from a train at Warren Street.

"I was in the carriage and we smelt smoke - it was like something was burning.

"Everyone was panicked and people were screaming. We had to pull the alarm. I am still shaking."

But a BBC reporter outside Warren St station said there was no sign of smoke outside.
CNN
Quote:
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Emergency services personnel are attending three different Tube stations in central London following reports of "incidents," police say.

Scotland Yard told CNN Thursday one incident was also reported on a bus in Hackney, in east London. No casualties have yet been reported.

One Underground passenger told Sky TV a traveler's rucksack had exploded on a train.

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.

A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

There are no reports of any casualties at this stage, sources told the UK Press Association.

London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

No further information is yet available. Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

Ivan McCracken told Sky News: "I was in a middle carriage and the train was not far short of Warren Street station when suddenly the door between my carriage and the next one burst open and dozens of people started rushing through. Some were falling, there was mass panic.

"It was difficult to get the story from any of them what had happened but when I got to ground level there was an Italian young man comforting an Italian girl who told me he had seen what had happened.

"He said a man was carrying a rucksack and the rucksack suddenly exploded. It was a minor explosion but enough to blow open the rucksack.

"The man then made an exclamation as if something had gone wrong. At that point everyone rushed from the carriage."

The reports came two weeks to the day since bombs on three Underground trains in London and a double-decker bus killed 56 people including four bombers.
Sky is also reporting that there has been one injury in Warren St so far. I haven't posted this in the Political debates board because I don't want to turn this into a debate. Sad stuff.. again :-\
Tau Online
Old 21 Jul 2005, 16:22   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Re: London Tubes evacuated, reported incidents

Funny the way his sack exploded, mind.

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 21 Jul 2005, 17:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

According to what I've read it doesn't look as if there were any fatalities - apparently just one injury. Hope that's accurate, if it is - thank goodness.....
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroo Joe
Funny the way his sack exploded, mind.
Yep :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
According to what I've read it doesn't look as if there were any fatalities - apparently just one injury.* Hope that's accurate, if it is - thank goodness.....
Phew!

HL34
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to pyschomantis

whats the big deal?
did something happen when i was away (in the wilderness)
got back to ireland at 1am so what happened?
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

If you didn't hear, there were several Tube bombings a week ago or so, with 50-some fatalities. So, today, London had another bombing, again in the subway system, although with just one injury reported.
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to pyschomantis

are you fecking kidding me!?
where, how?
jesus
Old 21 Jul 2005, 18:36   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Read the first post in this thread. TO posted the news articles.
Closed Thread