Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Wow...they make movies like this?
Old 20 Apr 2010, 23:34   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Wow...they make movies like this?

EDIT AT THE TOP: You really need to listen to Cedhoradh. This movie is sick. The trailer only hints at what this movie will be about. It is not resident evil 4. I stumbled onto this trailer after watching the new resident evil trailer at Hulu.com. I am posting this to spread my misery. I think I will go take an "Ace Ventura Shower" now.

Okay, well I was browsing through hulu's trailer section. The new resident evil movie looks ok...but I was a little taken aback by this movie trailer:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/141878/mov...pede---trailer

You are warned. It isn't graphic, but I bet the movie will be. But this begs the question, Do we really need movies like this? I am a fan of gore movies...but this is pretty far out there.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Wow...they make movies like this?

DO NOT WATCH THAT TRAILER. What has been seen cannot be unseen. Please remember that.

I am well aware that by saying that, it probably means people WILL watch it, but...

That movie gives me the shudders whenever I think about it. The very thought that someone could have the idea for a movie like that chills me. And I know I'm an odd gent at the best of times, and I have a great stomach for gorn generally. That's not gorn. That's just sick.

I read the synopsis on Wikipedia too and apparently loads of people who went for casting left when they found out what the movie was actually about. I'm not surprised.

One of my girlfriend's friends mentioned it to her for some reason before we went out to a rave, and when we came back we watched the trailer at her request. She was totally wasted, I doubt she remembers. I do, and I wish I didn't.

I'm all for freedom of expression in all forms of media, and I want to say "there have to be limits", but I know you can't limit freedom.

I guess I just hoped that no one would be so sick as to think this would be a good idea.

Edit: Thinking back, Scythican did say "It isn't graphic," so it may not be the same trailer I saw. The one I saw wasn't terribly "graphic" as such, but... still. The one I saw ended with the girl in the middle sobbing. Is that the one you saw, Scythican? I'm not going to click your link to double-check, because I sure as hell don't want to see it again.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well that was weird as hell. The box office numbers from this movie will prevent more like it from being made. Hollywood loves to copy success, so I don't think they'll be a lot of clones of this one.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I was going to click it and then saw Circus' post and, uhm... If Circus was that effected, I think I'll pass. :P
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:30   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
Well that was weird as hell. The box office numbers from this movie will prevent more like it from being made. Hollywood loves to copy success, so I don't think they'll be a lot of clones of this one.
Like I said, I checked Wikipedia. The guy who made it apparently wanted to make a sequel where the "centipede" was twelve people long. Not sure what that would add at all, you can't really characterise all those people particularly well =/

Perhaps my reaction to this movie may seem a little over the top, but hey. I was seriously unsettled by, as I said, the thought that someone would have the idea of this.

Either way, Scythican - I am glad you posted this. I saw the trailer back in November and it's just kind of... sat in my head. The movie hasn't had any publicity that I've seen (what a surprise :), and I've been reluctant to bring it up to anyone because I wouldn't wish even seeing the trailer on anyone. But now you've done this, I know people are going to ignore my recommendation in the second post of this thread and watch it anyway and maybe if we talk about it I can get it out of my system.

It's an odd thing though. It's not... It's not scary as such. Not even like shock-scary. I can't even think of an appropriate word for what it is, though "sick" and "wrong" come to mind, but I hate using those words as descriptors - they don't really explain anything. But they are all I can think of.

Apparently the whole idea for the movie came about as a result of a joke the director would make (seriously, look it up on Wikipedia if you've seen the trailer - even if you felt like I do about the trailer, the Wiki article is not going to make you feel any worse), and, in the context in which he would say it, that's "lol". Well, it's a "That's... really gross, but lol" moment. I just can't believe that he then decided to take that and transplant it into a "real" setting (by real I mean a movie set in the real world, rather than the actual real world).

The thing is... if the guy was so disturbed that for some reason he did this for real, I actually wouldn't feel the same way about it. Someone who, like the "villain" of the movie ("villain" doesn't even feel like the right word, perhaps "monster" would be more appropriate, even if he is human), actually did that in the real world wouldn't elicit the same kind of horror from me, not because the actions are not horrific - they are - but someone who did that for real would be deeply, thoroughly psychologically disturbed, and would be branded by the whole world as a filthy piece of humanoid scum fit for nothing more than a slow, drawn-out death (maybe harsh, but my views on crime and punishment are pretty well known here now I think).

What makes this worse for me is not the idea that someone could do it. I could even buy that - someone like Mengele who sewed people together (probably not in the same way though), that I could accept as reality. What is the worst, most disturbing thing about the concept is that someone thought that the public would be entertained by it. That is the true horror of this creation.

[hr]

Ninja'd by Seth.

I will explain the concept of the movie, because it is kinda critical to understanding what we say. In the written word, you'll just think "Well, that's pretty sick." Visually and aurally, it becomes a lot worse, which is why I recommend not watching the trailer.

[spoiler=Just in case you really don't want to know, in which case, I'd recommend never clicking this thread again]It's about a scientist who had achieved distinguished work with separating Siamese twins (if I recall correctly), and he wanted to see if multiple organisms could be combined into one, along the digestive system. His experiment involving three dogs failed (this is stuff I know from the Wiki page), so he decides to kidnap three humans and try it on them. What he does is he sedates them and sews the mouth of one to the anus of the other, and then the third one in the same way on the end. There's more to it than that I think, according to the synopsis the first one gets some character development and in the end commits suicide (still attached) because apparently he feels he deserved it because he treated his family like shit, or something. I think he kills the guy who did it to them as well, somehow. The third one (a girl) dies of blood poisoning, and the movie ends (again, if I recall correctly) simply with the girl in the middle sobbing - which was also the end of the trailer I saw.[/spoiler]
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:35   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Lonely Tau

I'm unimpressed, this is going under "Movies too stupid to note my attention".

Right next to Saw.
Originally Posted by coolmule
I wear a y'xa'uuk pretty dress, suggestively tilt my tankard of beer, and it's all "bet this" and "persuasion that". Mianko wakes up, grabs a photo, and everyone's mesmerized. What the y'xa'uk do I have to do to earn affection????
Hey baby, what're you doing this weekend? :-*
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmule
Tiwaz is my new forum favourite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
This is the kind of man who has to shave out eyes and a nose every morning before work. :P
Lonely Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:43   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Feels like a Japanese horror manga I once read but that was with a line of possessed skulls that latches on to people's head to make an infinitely longer line of heads and/or skulls.

Seen worse from all those horror manga and Guro stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Feels like a Japanese horror manga I once read but that was with a line of possessed skulls that latches on to people's head to make an infinitely longer line of heads and/or skulls.

Seen worse from all those horror manga and Guro stuff.
Except those things are just drawings. They'll never be in the same league.

You may call me Circus.
Old 21 Apr 2010, 01:56   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Haven't seen the trailer (I took Circus' word) and I'm not particularly a fan of gore for gore's sake in horror flicks. I don't get queasy, I just think it's, well, base.

I did read Circus' spoiler and my first thought was actually...
... hang on, rewind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scythican
The new resident evil movie
"this is a resident evil movie?"

Or was this just a trailer for a different movie(/series) you saw after watching the resident evil one? Because it doesn't connect based on what parts I recall of resident evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne
Yeah Ahab, your not nearly dirty minded enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Spectre
Mass Effect Two please have my babies.
Help people at the hungersite.com
Shasel_Ahab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2010, 02:00   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well Cedhoradh, the trailer I saw was probably not as bad as the one you saw. The worst part I saw was the people looked like they were getting ready for a game of leap frog and their parts were sewn together, but the bandages were covering everything up.

As for posting this...I guess I was so traumatized that I had to spread the misery. But eventhough Saw was stupid, at least it was watchable, well the first one anyways. This one is beyond bad, like Gigli. I wonder if this will get a razzy?

I don't know though. I mean I like stuff like the second X-Files movie with the head thing going on. But this weird [spoiler]ATM Conjoined Triplets [/spoiler] is way out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by We-Tain
Haven't seen the trailer (I took Circus' word) and I'm not particularly a fan of gore for gore's sake in horror flicks. I don't get queasy, I just think it's, well, base.

I did read Circus' spoiler and my first thought was actually...
... hang on, rewind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scythican
The new resident evil movie
"this is a resident evil movie?"

Or was this just a trailer for a different movie(/series) you saw after watching the resident evil one? Because it doesn't connect based on what parts I recall of resident evil
No it isn't! ;D I just mentioned that I was watching the new Resident Evil trailer and then stumbled across this shit.

Good Trades With
TraceofToxin 1

Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.

Lord Scythican is offline   Reply With Quote