Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Harry Potter and the newest addition to his repertoire (spoiler free)
Closed Thread
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jhrovii
Default Harry Potter and the newest addition to his repertoire (spoiler free)

Wow...I've read like 20 reviews (and the book also, of course) and I must say, it is the best one yet. Most of the negative reviews sincerely missed themes and ideals...however simple they may be to grasp...in their attempt to denounce Rowling. Honestly, no other book has affected me emotionally so much. That actually made me develop genuine care like never before. Literature might be like music, so others might not have the book speak to them like it has to me, but...what was I going to say...

Ah yes. I loved it. Although it had obvious satirical references ("Downing Street"? Come on, hide it a little better than that. Stanley Stunpike, etc) actually made the book deeper for me...I analyzed it like I would Lord of the Flies for the first time. I always thought the HP books were a way to escape from reality, but creating a similarity and way to relate with my world comforts me. Knowing that things will look up, or draw to a close, and we'll all float on okay.

And having the world go crazy for a piece of literature- whatever it's grade- is IMHO always a good thing.

Anyone else have thoughts?

Cheers.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Harry Potter and the newest addition to his repertoire (spoiler free)

It's a pretty good book so far.
A bit confusing at some parts, but good overall.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Harry Potter and the newest addition to his repertoire (spoiler free)

I agree that it is the best yet. i almost cried at the end

When children goto bed they check their bedrooms for the boogie man. When the boogie man goes to bed he checks his bedroom for Chuck Norris
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to jhrovii

Lol, I must admit that I reacted verbally to the book at various parts.

Some are innapropriate, so I won't repeat them. :-[
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:27   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I was glad that certain arcs were finally finished. and i screamed obscenities at certain characters for their actions

When children goto bed they check their bedrooms for the boogie man. When the boogie man goes to bed he checks his bedroom for Chuck Norris
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I haven't finished it yet....
Old 18 Jul 2005, 20:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

the whole book is excelent what chapter are you on davy

Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:04   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

This spoiler free thread shall remain open and supervised due to the fact that it's unfair to force people to ruin the book if they want to discuss it. Anyone spoilers, I smite automatically.
Old 18 Jul 2005, 22:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

I'm still reading it, I'm on ch 12 so far. It's good but the best one's were the last two, especially no. 4 ( the love interest was fun to read and it was very relateble to me).
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 19 Jul 2005, 00:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think that this book is excellent. It is a moving piece of literature dealing with loyalty and trust in your self i cant wait for the next one.

was that aimed at anyone in particular Mr. Bauer

Closed Thread