Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

It's kind of weird...
Old 22 Mar 2010, 22:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher
Default It's kind of weird...

Recently I have taken myself to look back myself and some of my friends... and I realized how immature and annoying we must have been three+ years ago (maybe it was because I was in middle school). I mean look at this old thread for example...
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,50508.0.html.
It's totally weird... I keep asking myself was that really me? I can't believe some of the posts I have made. I feel almost like a whole different wargamer/person. Then I'm thankful for the stores I've played at for dealing with an obnoxious 14 year old and his friends.

The other day I found my 2nd vehicle I ever made (a hammerhead) and my 1st squad of firewarriors and my first attempt at painting Blood Angels with the marines found in the older Battle For Maccrage Kit and a normal tactical and squad that I bought* (It's quite interesting what you can find a year after moving). I swear my eyes must have been bleeding from the poor paint jobs!! For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to repaint the Firewarriors like I am doing with my Hammerhead (I put too much paint on those freaking marines I can't seem to get it off with paint remover). A part of me wants to, but its like a memorabilia. Almost like snapshots of my life... or kind of like a picture showing the evolution of man.

I was wondering if any of you all had an experience(s) similar to mine. Have you ever looked back and chuckled at what you were like?

*I thought about playing Marines before I even bought a single Tau Model... When I went to the gamestore and saw like every other person played Marines I went with my then second favorite army. Though I was too embarrassed to ever mention that I started with Marines and too scared to use them due to how poorly painted they are. Once I was satisfied with my Tau, I went back to collecting Space Marines, but started with a new scheme and used the Chaos Space Marine codex in place of the pdf piece of crap.

With Regards,
Maverick the Orkkrusher

P.S. I'm thinking of posting pics of my first marines, my first vehicle (a rhino)
and hopefully a before and after of my hammerhead.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: It's kind of weird...

Dude, you are not alone.

This is my first post.

Edit: And wow, just reread that thread. TGS calling me out when he must have been about thirteen. Ha. Thing is though, about the best thing I can say for that thing I built in a mad fit of depression is "I have seen worse Tau Titans."
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Wow, look at the great Circus sucking up to Ravager. :P

How times change.

I re-read my first thread awhile ago and realise just how noobish i sounded

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...tml#msg1203707

see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:32   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Dude, you are not alone.

This is my first post.

Edit: And wow, just reread that thread. TGS calling me out when he must have been about thirteen. Ha. Thing is though, about the best thing I can say for that thing I built in a mad fit of depression is "I have seen worse Tau Titans."

First reply to you post

[hr]

If it helps, my first post was pretty douchy, and I've not really changed much....

OK, I lie, I have a bit. I think everyone, especially if you've been here a number of years, looks back on their first post and thinks WTF.

Mind you, I tend to look back on most friday nights and think WTF.

My first.

Ok, considering how quickly my intro post went crazy and off topic, is it any wonder I ended up living in the Enclave?

Edit:
Quote:
The problems in this world will never stop if people do things like that. I only hope one day everyone will get their act in gear and try to live peacefully,
Good god, was I ever that naive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne

How times change.
Sucking up to Ravager? Where?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man They Call Jayne

How times change.
Sucking up to Ravager? Where?
I ment Rafe. Bloody name changes.
Quote:
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Haha yeah well - he was already an Ethereal when I joined =P I like Rafe a lot and I'm sure it has something to do with him being the first to respond, and to respond encouragingly at that.

You may call me Circus.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah Rafe is good. Im suprised TSC has been here longer than you though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23 Mar 2010, 00:16   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Scout Sergeant Mkoll

I wouldn't worry about it dude, it happens. I looked back at the posts I got karma for recently and just sat in amazement wondering how in hell's name I'd been given karma for something so poor. We change, we improve, and we dont' realise it because nobody wants to remember just how bad at things they once were.
Oh come on, just because I'm carrying around the joy of killing your family, doesn't mean we still can't be friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Thrace
Ah, I'm minnie, meaning I'm sexy, badass, and will happily shoot you in the back.

Damn, I hope I don't get quoted calling myself sexy. :funny:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDemon
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to catch you.
Scout Sergeant Mkoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2010, 00:24   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

My first ever post on TO.

The formatting is off on a lot of really old posts. I don't know why, but I know who to blame! :P

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...5.html#msg1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote