Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

BOLT THROWER!
Reply
Old 10 Mar 2010, 14:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default BOLT THROWER!

This is here rather than in music as I want it to get read.

Bolt Thrower, the British heavy metal act with lyrics based on Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k, are playing in Leeds at my regular club ON MY BIRTHDAY (Tuesday May 4th).

I've never actually heard their stuff, but I intend to go on principle.

Anyone fancy joining me? =D
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 14:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Plain, New York, USA
Posts: 5,088
Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

It's an interesting idea. They still suck. It's the same principal as powerglove: Almost a good idea, terrible execution.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 14:57   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 12,488
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

Don't fancy a trip to Leeds I'm afraid, but Bolt Thrower are awesome. Enjoy! >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
It's an interesting idea. They still suck. It's the same principal as powerglove: Almost a good idea, terrible execution.
You suck.
__________________
KJ - Friend, Brother, Ork. Never forget you mate.
Restayvien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:01   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

I say we all turn up, then as one scream "FOR THE DARK GODS!" as they come on stage and see what happens. :P
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

I did some Youtubing and yeah they're not great for home listening but live they're gonna be kickass, I can feel it. I can see the pits now >

Wargamer, if you and your boys want to come up then please be my guest and let me know :P

This goes for everyone though - I can't offer sleeping space. My flat's just not big enough. That said, if you guys can afford it, I'd love to see you there. First round's on me ^_^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Fort Plain, New York, USA
Posts: 5,088
Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I did some Youtubing and yeah they're not great for home listening but live they're gonna be kickass, I can feel it. I can see the pits now >
I'll go with that :P


Quote:
Wargamer, if you and your boys want to come up then please be my guest and let me know :P

This goes for everyone though - I can't offer sleeping space. My flat's just not big enough. That said, if you guys can afford it, I'd love to see you there. First round's on me ^_^
I'll bet if you ask nicely, wargy would share your bed with you....
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 15:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 7,449
Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deraj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
I did some Youtubing and yeah they're not great for home listening but live they're gonna be kickass, I can feel it. I can see the pits now >
I'll go with that :P


Quote:
Wargamer, if you and your boys want to come up then please be my guest and let me know :P

This goes for everyone though - I can't offer sleeping space. My flat's just not big enough. That said, if you guys can afford it, I'd love to see you there. First round's on me ^_^
I'll bet if you ask nicely, wargy would share your bed with you....
I'm sure my girl would have something to say about that :P
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restayvien
Well I'd rather not play the game at all than play it like they did! :P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 16:14   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: That bitter taste in the back of your throat, the one kinda wrapped around your uvula that is all that's left of your Pride.
Posts: 5,841
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

Quote:
I'm sure my girl would have something to say about that
Like:

WIN, or

You can have the Couch, or

Can Mkoll join us too? or..

Ad Nauseum.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
It is (and this is an objective statement, looking at examples over the last century) really ****ing hard to terrorise the British.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'o Ahab
In parting, I've discovered why Farsight started his breakaway faction...
*Farsight looks at Dawn Blade* "Shiny..."*Farsight picks up Dawn Blade and looks around* "... let's be bad guys."
Quote:
Originally Posted by The man they call Waffles
Jayne you y'xa'uuk legend
The Man They Call Jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 16:18   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,961
Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

I'd come, but as of right now that is during Finals week and you're across the pond. :P
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2010, 17:00   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Behind you
Posts: 19,399
Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: BOLT THROWER!

Ack, its leeds.

Its miles away

Not gonna promise, I doubt I could make it, but in the unlikely event, I'd love to turn up.
__________________
[quote]Thou shalt not crave thy neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something Different - Gondor Bolt-thrower Jonagon Showcase 3 04 Jun 2009 10:06
leman russ with flame thrower? messyart House Rules 26 09 Jun 2008 15:57
bolt pistols... darkane The Inquisition 1 29 Jan 2008 19:41
w.i.p warpfire thrower lord von braken Painting 6 13 Jun 2007 21:15
Two Bolt Pistols? Seto The Inquisition 5 22 Jun 2006 19:59