Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Go Canada Go
Old 01 Mar 2010, 11:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Go Canada Go

Just wanted to see who else watched the Canada V USA game last night for the Gold in Vancouver. Me (although im from the UK my wifes Canadian) was cheering on the Canadians and was very happy with the result. However I have to say both teams played a fantastic game of hockey and i was on the edge of my seat for the whole game. The goal tenders both played amazingly well and for the USA to equalise and score in the last 30 seconds in the 3rd period to force a 4th Period was fantastic. Its the best game of hockey I have ever seen. I think that during the whole tournament the USA played much better and consistantly but it was anyones game in this final. So like I said im from the UK but as my wife is Canadian, My children are obviously half Canadian and we were married in Canada and visit BC at least once a year, I feel justified in wearing my Canada Hockey Jersey with pride.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 12:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Go Canada Go

I can still hear the honks outside ha ha ha. Great game it was, history was witnessed live. Anyone can be an honorary Canadian, we are not too stingy about that sort of thing. Also, Most gold medals in the history of the Winter Olympics. BOOYA!

Go the maple leaf eh?!
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 13:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't know about you guys, but I drove around town with a couple friends waving a huge flag out the window. That was the most fun I have had in a long time.
Old 01 Mar 2010, 15:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

*Clown-pants*
Chton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 16:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Amazing game. Overtime in an olympic final is probably one of the craziest things. Good job to the states for taking us to the brink like that, although I kinda saw it coming when we started to sit back in the 3rd. Some things I noticed over the course of the tourney

-The depth of the Canadian lineup was their major strength. Everyone expected Crosby's line to be dangerous, while also aware that the San Jose line was another nasty one. However, our most effective units (especially later on) proved to be the grinder lines with the likes of Nash, Morrow, Richards, Toews and the like.

-Later on in the tourney, commentators were going on about how Crosby's unit had to pick things up, or how the San Jose line wasn't putting pucks in the net. Honestly, I think they served us well as a distractions. People would try to shut those lines down and end up getting burned by our "grind lines". Of course Crosby eventually ended up potting the winner.

-I loved Babcock's strategy in OT. He had obviously seen the world junior final where a team Canada defenceman pinched in to try and finish the game and got caught, leading to the winning goal. We saw a lot of D combos involving either Niedermayer or Pronger and someone else. Niedermayer pinches anyway, but at least the veteran presence meant it was less likely to backfire.

-The Ruskies were always going to be a hit or miss team. They had crazy star power up front, but once we managed to shut them down, the whole thing toppled. They were scary because of their nightmare forward lines. Defensively they looked alright, but I wouldn't say they were anything better than your average NHL team. Putin is apparently displeased.

-I still hate the Swiss team...

-Epic fail in the semi final from Kiprusoff. Holy klkn. I think Calgary had a collective heart attack watching that game.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2010, 22:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

*Hums O'Canada*

Well, we didn't manage to "Own the podium" (most medals overall) but we did manage toe most Gold Medals and the most Gold medals EVAR!!! COngrats to all our athletes. A few I saw were first timers that didn't make it but I'm betting when they go to Russia we can expect great things for another Olympics.
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2010, 01:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yo, Canada, I'm happy fo' yoo an' all an' Immunna lechoo finish but

[spoiler]
Nah, just kidding. Well done!
[/spoiler]
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2010, 03:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

That was pretty much the best hockey game I've ever seen. It felt like the whole game was played like the last 30 seconds of most games; at such a frantic pace. Wish the US had won, but we got outplayed........so well done eh.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2010, 11:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85K6CypFY-s
You all know whose game you were playing.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2010, 18:06   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Spiritbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindgobble Witherfume
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85K6CypFY-s
You all know whose game you were playing.
To bad they didn't do like they did in Salt Lake. After we won both Mens and Womens Hockey they changed the ads from "Let them hear us in Salt Lake" to "If they couldn't hear before, they do now."
Spiritbw is offline   Reply With Quote