Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Why must people be people?
Closed Thread
Old 17 Jun 2005, 16:49   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe
Default Why must people be people?

By this I mean why must people bug me constantly and generally have all the intellegence of a horsefly that has just been trodden on?

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 17 Jun 2005, 17:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to ArtistInTheAmbulance
Default Re: Why must people be people?

Because thats what people are like.. They normally find it hilarious that they are this stupid too...
Calvin: Look at all those ants. They're all working like mad, working tirelessly all day, never stopping, never resting. And for what? To build a tiny little hill of sand that could be wiped out at any moment! All their work could be for nothing, and yet they keep on building. They never give up.
Hobbes: I suppose there's a lesson in that...
Calvin: Yeah, ants are morons.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 17:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I find that there are generally three reasons why people appear so stupid.

1) Because we know so very little about the people we come in contact with, that they can appear stupid. If we really knew who they were, and what they had experienced, they would make a lot more sense to us. Also, we tend to assume that anyone who does not agree with us to be of lesser intellignece, rather than realizing that intelligent people disagree about a great many things.

2) Because we overlook how stupid we ourselves are at times. We make smaller our own stupid actions, and make bigger the stupid actions of others. It is common for two people, both quite intelligent, to each think that the other is stupid.

3) Because some people really are genuinely stupid.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 17 Jun 2005, 17:25   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'll go with option 3 for the person I am talking about

Quote:

Old 17 Jun 2005, 18:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

hmmm..people are people...mostly stupid...like exes who wont leave you alone!
Old 18 Jun 2005, 05:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Warbird Send a message via MSN to Warbird

As that i am in California right now is seem to be surrounded by those who have less of a brain that the rats i am tending too. I do agree some people are genuinely stupid. Here for example i ask where i could find a supermarket but what i get is a speech on how i should by thingas that are all natural (excuse the language but my reply was somewhere along the lines of WTF i asked where a goddamned supermarket was not for a speech on how meat is evil and so are preservatives). so yeah thanks for letting me vent.

I am a ordinary person living a extrodinary life
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/
Not as good as pron but it's damned close
http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com/
Poke'em in the eye
Old 18 Jun 2005, 06:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technomek the Insane-got bored and went to california
As that i am in California right now is seem to be surrounded by those who have less of a brain that the rats i am tending too. I do agree some people are genuinely stupid. Here for example i ask where i could find a supermarket but what i get is a speech on how i should by thingas that are all natural (excuse the language but my reply was somewhere along the lines of WTF i asked where a goddamned supermarket was not for a speech on how meat is evil and so are preservatives). so yeah thanks for letting me vent.
I totally agree with you man. I live CA and i almost rather live in Canada( nothing against canadians of course). I live in San Pedro which is in the LA county, it's a costal city. People here can be so stupid like people overly generalize and stereotype in this town. I hate stereotypers. For example I'm half Japanese and people will always say "ohI can say japanese and say ching chong, ching chong", I HATE that, or people will say " oh do you know kung fu" and I'll will simply glare and say something in Japanese to them then curse at them for a minute. Another thing,just because we have slanted eyes doesn't mean were all CHINESE. Another thing people are very stupid too. I'm a ninthgrader and I have two tenth grade classes and I'm the smartest most mature person in there, wtf? Then you see these tough guys with there shorts at there knees blasting to rap music during class and they think their all bad because they can spray paint on a few walls and smoke crack, welll you know what, to anybody out there who is like that clean your act up and get a god dam life and get an education while your at it. I don't know if you have read these books but have you read"Farrenheit 451" and "Animal Farm" because those people should read it because those two books teach how very important it is to be educated because if you are a dumba** then you'll get [Edited] by the upper one percent who give you propaganda and lie to you, just like ou government.

Whoa had a Lewis Black moment there for a minute. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Edit by Tau Online: Don't censor swearing, simply don't do it.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 18 Jun 2005, 16:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hey, Hey, explain what your talknig about for Canada. Canada is the most peaceful country in the world, the least biast, the least obese, the least sterotypeing and the least rascist. Canada is good, if you have some smack to say, speak it now, as I will eat you up, and slap you around Quebec.

I know you said nothing against Canadians..but I don't get it?
Old 18 Jun 2005, 17:06   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think he meant it offensivley. I have a feeling that canada is the first country he thought of. I am going to stick to that, cuz as everyone knows anyone who deliberately went out of their way to upset another member would be smote, right?

Quote:

Old 18 Jun 2005, 17:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hurrumph. Ok, so maybe we're not the best of what I've stated, but we're up there, and much sexier.
Closed Thread