Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Orks
Closed Thread
Old 14 Jun 2005, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Orks

I was given a nice number of orks today, enough grots and shoota boyz to set any ork army and some other stuff.

So, if I wanted to go ork is would cost me less then $100.

But a few things.

- These minis dont make GW people happy.
- Thats a lot of painting
- It would make my 6th army
- I would have to buy $100 worth of additional orks, and I just spent 200 on SMs.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord
Default Re: My friend is a whore

Quote:
- These minis dont make GW people happy
Why not?

Quote:
- Thats a lot of painting
- It would make my 6th army
- I would have to buy $100 worth of additional orks, and I just spent 200 on SMs
Well, if you dont want them, sell them.
If you want them, then keep them and buy a few more orks

But surely you have enough armies already?

Do you actaully want to collect them, or do you only want to because you have the models?

Would you consider starting Orks if you didnt have these models?

If you wouldnt, then you might as well just sell them.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

could you explain what you are saying better im confused ???

also why did you call the topic 'My friend is a whore' which is nothing to with this :P

Old 14 Jun 2005, 09:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

First off, this is off topic. Falls into the realm of "Mundane Pointless Stuff That I Must Share" (MP-STIMS, for any Straight Dopers out there)

Second: Haven't you been warned enough about profanity already? You have eight negative karma!

Rather than complain, I'd make the best of things! Hell, I've always wanted to give orks a whirl. If you want to sell, possibly post a notice on the trading board? I'd be willing to buy them, but with use of escrow.

Why does it make GW people unhappy? Are they proxies? Conversions? Sculpts? Green pieces of putty with "Waaagh!" flags stuck in them, made of tooth-picks and white-outed fortune cookie fortunes?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 14:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Anyone who is given several hundred dollars worth of merchandise for free, and then complains about it, DESPERATELY needs to live in a 3rd world country for a few years to gain a little perspective and learn a little gratitude.
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 14:31   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

I second. Avor, you get an award in advanced selfishness. <clip round the ear for you, and no sugar piglet for hogswatch!>

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 14 Jun 2005, 16:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Why does it make GW people unhappy?
They are proxies, resin copies of GW 40k orks.

Quote:
Second: Haven't you been warned enough about profanity already? You have eight negative karma!
"Whore" is not a swear word, sorry.

Quote:
Anyone who is given several hundred dollars worth of merchandise for free
Is not real merchandise and it could get me in ass load of troble.

This topic should be called "Should I make a ork army with nonGW friendly resin minis"

I refered to my friend as a whore because he's been trying to get rid of these fake orks for ages, like how a pimp whores out a woman.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:19   #8 (permalink)
Aun'O

I agree "whore" isn't profanity, although I'd prefer it not to be used in a title of a thread (As it's visible).. Anyway, that sucks, can't you give them back to your friend?
Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:37   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

He said use them or pass them on.

But now that I have them, Im realy temped to make a ork army with them but I listed the reasons inthe first post.

To say that things things could get me in troble, is at best hucked out of the store. But if I did make orks I can mod and paint well enoght to the point where the only way to tell the difference would be wieght or if you cut one open. These guys would make up about half the army anyways, they're mostly shoota boyz and grots, I would have to get plenty of legit orks to make a army.
Old 14 Jun 2005, 17:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Falhandir Send a message via MSN to Falhandir Send a message via Yahoo to Falhandir

They're resin copies of the GW models? So when they're painted, the only difference would be weight right?