Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Our Birthdates
Old 03 Apr 2009, 01:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Our Birthdates

Hey all,

So, I was just screwing around in the endless pit of information that is Wikipedia. I found out that if you type in a day (for example, January 2nd), it'll show you all of events in history, births, and death that happened on that date. You can specify by year if you want but that makes for an awfully short list, so I stuck with day and month.

Anyway, what happened on your birthdate?

[hr]

I share my birthday, January 2nd, with someone VERY ironic: Isaac Asimov! ;D
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 01:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Our Birthdates

October 29th

1390 - First trial for witchcraft in Paris

1886 - The first ticker-tape parade takes place in New York City when office workers spontaneously throw ticker tape into the streets as the Statue of Liberty is dedicated.

1929 - The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or "Black Tuesday", ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression.

2004 - The Arabic news network Al Jazeera broadcasts an excerpt from a video of Osama bin Laden in which the terrorist leader first admits direct responsibility for the September 11, 2001 attacks and references the 2004 U.S. presidential election.

2005 - 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings kill more than 60.

I also noticed a lot of massacres on Oct. 29th.... Tells you something about me doesn't it? :P
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 05:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

There are about 2 things that really have to be noted about my birthday (Nov 27)

Quote:
Births

1940 - Bruce Lee, American actor and martial artist

1942 - Jimi Hendrix, American guitarist
The rest just seems boring and mediocre in comparison.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 05:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why So Serious?
October 29th

1390 - First trial for witchcraft in Paris

1886 - The first ticker-tape parade takes place in New York City when office workers spontaneously throw ticker tape into the streets as the Statue of Liberty is dedicated.

1929 - The New York Stock Exchange crashes in what will be called the Crash of '29 or "Black Tuesday", ending the Great Bull Market of the 1920s and beginning the Great Depression.

2004 - The Arabic news network Al Jazeera broadcasts an excerpt from a video of Osama bin Laden in which the terrorist leader first admits direct responsibility for the September 11, 2001 attacks and references the 2004 U.S. presidential election.

2005 - 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings kill more than 60.

I also noticed a lot of massacres on Oct. 29th.... Tells you something about me doesn't it? :P
I too was born on October 29th. >

But you don't want to know what he does with his left...
Twiggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 08:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

What year? I have found so few people born on the same day....
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 08:52   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

February 12th - Charles Darwin
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 09:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

It seems that a lot has happened on my birthday.
LordDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 11:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord

1920 - Telecommunications: the first transatlantic two-way radio broadcast takes place.
1944 - World War II: Operation Spring - one of the bloodiest days for Canadians during the war: 18,444 casualties, including 5,021 killed.
1978 - Louise Brown, the world's first "test tube baby" is born.

Births:
1967 - Matt LeBlanc

Deaths:
1834 - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

That's about it. Nobody too interesting.
Hive Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 11:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

April 27th
Births:
1495 - Suleiman the Magnificent, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire (d. 1566)
1822 - Ulysses S. Grant, Civil War general and 18th President of the United States (d. 1885)
1848 - King Otto I of Bavaria (d. 1916)

Deaths:
1521 - Ferdinand Magellan, Portuguese explorer (b. 1480)

Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Apr 2009, 11:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Mrgame

Nov. 10th

1444 - Battle of Varna: The crusading forces of King Vladislaus III of Varna (aka Ulaszlo I of Hungary and Wladyslaw III of Poland) are crushed by the Turks under Sultan Murad II and Vladislaus is killed.
1520 - Danish King Christian II executes dozens of people in the Stockholm Bloodbath after a successful invasion of Sweden.

1619 - René Descartes has the dreams that inspire his Meditations on First Philosophy.
1674 - Anglo-Dutch War: As provided in the Treaty of Westminster, Netherlands cedes New Netherlands to England.
1766 - The last Colonial governor of New Jersey, William Franklin, signs the charter of Queen's College (later renamed Rutgers University).
1775 - The United States Marine Corps is founded at Tun Tavern in Philidelphia by Samuel Nicholas.

1847 - The passenger ship Stephen Whitney is wrecked in thick fog off the southern coast of Ireland, killing 92 of the 110 on board. The disaster results in the construction the Fastnet Rock lighthouse.
1865 - Major Henry Wirz, the superintendent of a prison camp in Andersonville, Georgia, is hanged, becoming the only American Civil War soldier executed for war crimes.

1871 - Henry Morton Stanley locates missing explorer and missionary, Dr. David Livingstone in Ujiji, near Lake Tanganyika, allegedly greeting him with the words, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"
1910 - The date of Thomas A. Davis' opening of the San Diego Army and Navy Academy, though the official founding date is November 23, 1910.

1918 - The Western Union Cable Office in North Sydney, Nova Scotia receives a top-secret coded message from Europe (that would be sent to Ottawa, Ontario and Washington, DC) that said on November 11, 1918 all fighting would cease on land, sea and in the air.

1919 - The first national convention of the American Legion is held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, ending on November 12.
1924 - Dion O'Banion, leader of the North Side Gang is assassinated in his flower shop by members of Johnny Torrio's gang, sparking the bloody gang war of the 1920s in Chicago.
1928 - Michinomiya Hirohito is crowned the 124th Emperor of Japan, Emperor Showa.

1928 - In the game against Army at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne gives what is considered the greatest locker room speeches of all time by saying "Win one for the Gipper". The Notre Dame would win the game 12-6.

1938 - Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Republic of Turkey, dies.
1940 - Walt Disney begins serving as an informer for the Los Angeles office of the FBI; his job is to report back information on Hollywood subversives.

1942 - World War II: Germany invades Vichy France following French Admiral François Darlan's agreement to an armistice with the Allies in North Africa.

1944 - The ammunition ship USS Mount Hood (AE-11) explodes at Seeadler Harbour, Manus, Admiralty Islands
1945 - Heavy fighting in Surabaya between Indonesian nationalists and returning colonialists after World War II, is celebrated as Heroes' Day (Hari Pahlawan).

1951 - Direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
1954 - U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower dedicates the USMC War Memorial (Iwo Jima memorial) in Arlington National Cemetery.

1958 - The Hope Diamond is donated to the Smithsonian Institution by New York diamond merchant Harry Winston.
1969 - National Educational Television (the predecessor to the Public Broadcasting Service) in the United States debuts the children's television program Sesame Street.

1970 - Vietnam War: Vietnamization - For the first time in five years, an entire week ends with no reports of American combat fatalities in Southeast Asia.

1970 - The Soviet Lunar probe Lunokhod 1 is launched.

1971 - In Cambodia, Khmer Rouge forces attack the city of Phnom Penh and its airport, killing 44, wounding at least 30 and damaging nine aircraft.
1975 - The 729-foot-long freighter SS Edmund Fitzgerald sinks during a storm on Lake Superior, killing all 29 crew on board.
1989 - Fall of the communist regime in Bulgaria.
Mrgame is offline   Reply With Quote