Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Do all Brits put up with this?
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:20   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Do all Brits put up with this?

Well, Just reading a blog post about the ineptitude of British Telecom...

and I must ask, are all British phone/internet companies like this?
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:25   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Do all Brits put up with this?

TBH, yes most of them are. If possable just stay away from them
henbobbleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by henbobbleb
TBH, yes most of them are. If possable just stay away from them
How can you do that if you want internet? =\

Unless you want to pay several thousand a month for an in-house WAN connection, which the way this sounds still wouldn't work...
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Reading that was horrifying. If my internet company tried pulling that, I'd tell them where to stick it and take my business elsewhere. I feel a little sorry for all you Brits out there who have to take this kind of crap... :-\

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 13:51   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
Reading that was horrifying. If my internet company tried pulling that, I'd tell them where to stick it and take my business elsewhere. I feel a little sorry for all you Brits out there who have to take this kind of crap... :-\

-Grandpa Ducky
Definitely, we've had two problems with our internet.

One, we were having some electrical work done, and the guys making the tunnel tunneled through our internet cable.

Two, When the entirety of Norfolk, NE, went down as far as internet is concerned, because of some problem at the provider. Well, Cable One that is. Comcast, Quest, and Connecting Point were still up. By the way, Comcast, Quest, and Connecting Point are crappy companies, their service just is not worth it from what little I've used them compared to Cable One.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

I haven't had much in the way of problems with out internet provider - they went out to mess around with the cabling and wiring ata sub-station for us. Sent us 3 modems when the first one wasn't working and gave us 3 months three with their deepest apologies.

So no - we don't have to put up with it for our internet. But im struggling to name a second telephone company.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2009, 14:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

The biggest problem I find is that all of the TeleCom companies have pretty much the same attitude. They all know that they provide an equally poor service and thus any customers they lose they'll gain back from the other companies who've lost them. Therefore, none of them have any real incentive to improve their services.
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 01:08   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yet, I've never experienced any problems whatsoever getting internet and phone lines sorted. Perhaps it's that I'm technically savy enough to go out and buy my own network kit, and troubleshoot any problems/ring up with the exact problem. Or perhaps I've just received good service all my life?

I don't like 'Hate bloggs' because at the end of the day, some people do experience endless troubles with companies. For instance I remember a time when my parents dicided to upgrade the windows to double glazing. Well, the windows arrived, then there was a months wait for the workers, then the workers came, took out the old windows and fitted new ones in. All well and good, but we still had the extra windows that were sent a month before.

Whatever company it was then tried to charge my parents for the job twice, because we had another set of windows. The crazy thing was they wouldn't simply take back the old ones.

In the end I think my father just refused to pay for anything. A short while later a new invoice came for half the cost. When companies give you problems, just don't pay up and keep a record of everything said. Untill the company understands that unless they provide their service, they're not gonna get paid.

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 02:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

Yeah, -__-

Last time I had to ring my ISP the guy simply read out the troubleshooting guide.. "turn it off and leave it for a minute"
SO I did.
He was silent for the entire minute and then told me turn it back on..

Eventually said it wasn't a problem with their equipment or the line so it was MY fault.. and went. I have great difficulty understanding different accents.. so it makes it twice as bad when the call center is in india and the office they;re in sounds like a nursery school..

On teh opposite side of things my mobile provider (same company) were great, no messing around.. happy english people.
One lady after asking me a questionnaire convinced me to buy insurance :

Then read out the entire T+C's -_-

;D

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2009, 04:19   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

that blog post was by far the most terrifying '404 - not found' screen i've ever seen
I'm the face that you have to face
Mirrored in your stare
I'm what's left, I'm what's right
I'm the enemy
I'm the hand that'll take you down,
Bring you to your knees.
Arnorath is offline   Reply With Quote