Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

help with my glasses
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default help with my glasses

the screw on my glases keeps popping out (literally popping) and then the lens pops out. this is really getting annoying and i need them to drive (according to my mom, i can see with out them fine) so anyone have any idea how to fix this problem for good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFTACP
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Steel (Aun Leketh)
I have a response to that... it involves a dreadsock... :P
steck_638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: help with my glasses

try a different screw? Contacts? get someone to check the hole where the screw goes and see if the threading part is damaged....
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

contacts arnt really an option (i know its not exactly the same but i dont like the idea of poking myself in the eye every day)
the screw and the glasses arnt stripped out at all
a different screw might work but i dont really have one have one and i need to drive to school in the morning...

sry if it seems like im not being helpfull, i really am trying

Quote:
You're playing the wrong game if you're concerned with things looking look like toys...
Quote:
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:14   #4 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

Go to an Optometrist or those shops where you can buy/fix glasses. No sense trying to fix it yourself and taking the chance of breaking it.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I've had this problem on occasion. For a temporary fix, tightly wrap some thread around the joint, and screw the thing back together. If this keeps happening, you need a new pair.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Maybe it's not screwed in tight enough? Make sure the screw driver is of the correct size for the job. Though, professional help is often best help.
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavi Largo
Maybe it's not screwed in tight enough? Make sure the screw driver is of the correct size for the job. Though, professional help is often best help.
it was in as tight as it would go and i do have the right size (stolen from my dads box for taking apart small stuff) professional help would be nice, but i would have to drive, and i have to go to school first... i ould rather fix them my self

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:30   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Dude, just take 'em into an optometrist. Most will fix small things like for free, as it only takes 'em a few seconds.

And please, wear your glasses while driving. I have to do the same myself. Its not about whether or not you can broadly see the road, its about smaller things that you won't notice without, making you a permanent liability.

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
BloodiedFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2009, 02:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

k, i will take them by tomorrow after school then

i am legally blind in one eye with or without my glasses, i dont see any better with them than i do without because the other eye is perfect vision. i passed the eye exam without them but my mom made them put it on there that i had to have my glasses

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09 Mar 2009, 14:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard

As Zenny said go to the optometrist, they will fix it without damaging the frame.

Meanwhile...nail polish. A small drop in the hole before you put the screw back in should help hold it in place.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote