Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The weirdest 15 minutes of my life
Old 26 Feb 2009, 11:55   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog
Default The weirdest 15 minutes of my life

Walking down the road today, I passed some normal-looking guy, looked about 40 wearing regular clothes. As I walked passed him he started screaming at me; 'I hate northern Tasmania! SO FILTHY! How do you breathe up here?!?' He went on like that for a while, ranting to no one in particular, and I could still hear him shouting when I got near the end of the street. (By the way, I live in Sydney, nowhere near northern Tasmania.)

As I got near the pedestrian crossing, I noticed four people standing on the edge of the road (pretty much in the gutter), who seemed intent on photographing the sky behind me. I looked around, and there was nothing there.

Walking back home, I heard a really loud tribal drumbeat, like a Chinese New Year parade or something. It kept getting louder and louder, until I walked past the shop that it was coming from, when it suddenly stopped.

Three genuine WTF moments within the span of 15 minutes... can all this crazy be real or am I hallucinating?
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 12:40   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: The weirdest 15 minutes of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
Walking down the road today, I passed some normal-looking guy, looked about 40 wearing regular clothes. As I walked passed him he started screaming at me; 'I hate northern Tasmania! SO FILTHY! How do you breathe up here?!?' He went on like that for a while, ranting to no one in particular, and I could still hear him shouting when I got near the end of the street. (By the way, I live in Sydney, nowhere near northern Tasmania.)

As I got near the pedestrian crossing, I noticed four people standing on the edge of the road (pretty much in the gutter), who seemed intent on photographing the sky behind me. I looked around, and there was nothing there.

Walking back home, I heard a really loud tribal drumbeat, like a Chinese New Year parade or something. It kept getting louder and louder, until I walked past the shop that it was coming from, when it suddenly stopped.

Three genuine WTF moments within the span of 15 minutes... can all this crazy be real or am I hallucinating?
Man are you high...?

Gen
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 12:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord

Quote:
JUMANJI!
Hive Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 12:55   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Lord
Quote:
JUMANJI!
Haha that made me laugh so hard it hurt my stomach.
Old 26 Feb 2009, 13:11   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

They are glitches in the Matrix, me thinks. :shifty:
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 14:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Quote:
JUMANJI!
ahahha good call =)

I would say that the first instance isn't that uncommon.. I mean I've been walking through Parramatta, and had this random guy talk to me about how the bridge over the river is one of the oldest bridges in Australia, and if I want, I can go under the bridge and look at its foundations and see how the bridge was constructed and whatnot..

But heh, was that guy referring to the rest of Australia being "Northern Tasmania"? If so ... ....

Anyway, which part of Sydney was this?
Old 26 Feb 2009, 18:03   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
They are glitches in the Matrix, me thinks. :shifty:
Shhh! The machines will know!

Those were some really weird 15 minutes you had, whatever you had man, it sure messed yo up! :P

Dark Adeptus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2009, 19:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mace
Anyway, which part of Sydney was this?
Right in the middle of Bondi Junction. And this guy wasn't just talking to me, he was shouting at everybody!
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2009, 04:24   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector
(By the way, I live in Sydney, nowhere near northern Tasmania.)
From what I've seen of Tasmanians, they like to refer to mainland Australia as 'north Tasmania' to make themselves feel better about being on an island smaller and less well known than our eastern state, New Zealand.
Grimrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2009, 20:14   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezzy
Quote:
Quote:
JUMANJI!
Haha that made me laugh so hard it hurt my stomach.
Seconded ;D

[I do not wish this account to be deleted, but I will no longer be posting much]

03/Feb/13
FrisbeeForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote