Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

So let's talk about zombie apocalypses.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default So let's talk about zombie apocalypses.

<--- I have a larger image if you want.
I know it's cliche, but honestly there's one thing that always gets on my nerves and I just want to talk about it.

How come in every zombie apocalypse- at least the ones I see- the military is nowhere to be found? The only exception I've ever seen is Shaun of the Dead, where they pretty much are the only real security.
Every other one I've seen though, seems to believe that a horde of mindless, shambling idiots whose only real advantage over living flesh is being numb and has to spread the disease through biting, is simply too much for even the most professional military to handle. OH MAN WE NEVER TRAINED FOR THIS, EVEN THOUGH GIANT MOBS OF ENEMY COMBATANTS HAVE BEEN OBSOLETE BATTLE FORMATIONS SINCE WORLD WAR ONE.
It's like one single infected gets on a base and somehow instantly ****s everyone over, which to me would mean they have a shitty command and control structure if they can't respond to a simple zombie outbreak.
Let's see, you have
tanks
artillery
helicopters
machine guns
fighters
bombers
fighter bombers
mortars
grenades
IFVs
machine guns
assault rifles
combat shotguns
and yet somehow you expect me to believe they can't hold off a bunch of rotting retards?

I bring this up because the military in Dead Space pissed me off. Yeah, apparently one monster in an escape pod is too much, even though a SPACE JANITOR has personally beaten hundreds to death with his BARE HANDS.
Any idiotic cliches of zombie apocalypses that piss you off?
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: So let's talk about zombie apocalypses.

They're fake stories. Live with it :

Yes, it pisses me off too. Yes, it shouldn't be THAT easy. I'd say they'd go the way of doomsday, with the making a gigantic wall with automatic sentry turrets and what not, and just pen in the infected. That then leaves time for larger, stronger fortificiations to be built behind them, incase SOMEHOW the stupid infected break through an uber powerful fortification without tanks or air support.

it all depends on how this goes down though. is it isolated in say, Washington. Or is tehre an outbreak in EVERY city at once? There are only so many areas any army can be, and some areas will just have to be abandoned, left to their fate. Even still, there will be safe zone guarded by a high concentration of military units, including armor and air support, that will only ever be broken should supply lines (air, mainly) fail and they run out of ammo.

Still, the zombies have to get OVER the walls or other fortifications.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:35   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Wanna know what's sad? A bunch of fa/tg/uys and /k/ommandos are more polite than you.

Seeing a squad go up against a bunch of zeds in some CQB (Black Hawk Down with zombies) would be awesome.

Thre is a such thing as National Guard btw.
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Wanna know what's sad? A bunch of fa/tg/uys and /k/ommandos are more polite than you.

Seeing a squad go up against a bunch of zeds in some CQB (Black Hawk Down with zombies) would be awesome.

Sorry. I didn't know saying 'live with it' would hurt your fragile state of mind that badly.

My point still stands. The National Guard can't cover every city, every town, every village from the growing hoard. they'll be spread out, isolated, and eventually consumed unless they can bring up fortifications quickly, which requires knowledge of whats going on, and have continual air supply. And to fully understand whats going on, it'll probably be too late by then.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAF Gecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos

Sorry. I didn't know saying 'live with it' would hurt your fragile state of mind that badly.

My point still stands. The National Guard can't cover every city, every town, every village from the growing hoard. they'll be spread out, isolated, and eventually consumed unless they can bring up fortifications quickly, which requires knowledge of whats going on, and have continual air supply. And to fully understand whats going on, it'll probably be too late by then.
The National Guard was created specifically to defend the Nation on it's home turf. The Army fights abroad (or two hyuk hyuk.)

Someone somewhere knows something about zombies and how to combat them effectively. Assuming they don't die being a hero (a good zed guy would know not to be a hero,) then they'll spread the word. Additionally, combat experience would kinda teach soldiers what not to do. "DERR LAND MINE LOOK LIEK DIS, STEP ON DIE, *steps on*" would apply to zombies. After seeing a few people die to zombies or turning into zombies, or a few times someone gets a head shot, it'll quickly spread, get what I'm saying?

[hr]

Regarding how rude you are, you're not helping your case any. You could easily drop it, or you could dig yourself a hole.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 14:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

yes, I could dig a hole. Because, who cares about the canadian light infantry, right?

Yes. defending America on its own turf. With set front lines and a set enemy. Not an enemy that is everywhere and could be anyone, at anytime, and never sleeps.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 16:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Sorry. I didn't know saying 'no one cares about the Canadian Light Infantry' would hurt your fragile state of mind that badly.
Fixed. Now drop it. This is to have a light hearted discussion, not to have a flamewar. If I want a flamewar with you, I'll take it to chat and then ignore you when you piss me off.

Quote:
yes, I could dig a hole. Because, who cares about the canadian light infantry, right?

Yes. defending America on its own turf. With set front lines and a set enemy. Not an enemy that is everywhere and could be anyone, at anytime, and never sleeps.
You're assuming the National Guard and/or any state side Army personnel wouldn't be able to rally at various cities or that said armed forces would be pants-on-head-retarded when it comes to such things. There are plans for stuff like this y'know. 'Stuff like this' being meeting in towns, being deployed in towns, etc., etc.,.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 16:23   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

You two - be civil or this is going to get locked faster than you can say "zoey". Theres already a second Zombie topic on the board - the only reason im letting this one remain open is because the stickied one is sombodies project.

And Tak - if I see you bring 4chan references and short hand in my Enclave again I will reach for my smite stick. You cry "4chat" yet feel free to do the same to the enclave - it's not on.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2009, 16:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILK
You two - be civil or this is going to get locked faster than you can say "zoey". Theres already a second Zombie topic on the board - the only reason im letting this one remain open is because the stickied one is sombodies project.

And Tak - if I see you bring 4chan references and short hand in my Enclave again I will reach for my smite stick. You cry "4chat" yet feel free to do the same to the enclave - it's not on.
No, I cry /TO/chan. And yea, sorry bout that. XP

And when did this become *your* enclave? You may be mod, but it is not your enclave.

Also, to add, he started it. :P I'm trying to defuse it.
Old 25 Feb 2009, 16:45   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't care who started it - I'll damn well finish it if you keep your attitude up.
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote