Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Typing Game anyone?
Old 18 Feb 2009, 11:12   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Typing Game anyone?

I was pretty bored, so I decided to do some typing lessons to keep them sharp.

Anyhoo, I found this little gem of a website:

http://play.typeracer.com/

Basically you "race" against live, living people who type the same passage(s) you are and you can see where you rank up against other typists.

Anyway, out of 9 races, I've got an average of 68 words per minute (some as fast as around 85 though).

What are you scores and if your a regular user, whats your username on there and perhaps we could race at some point.
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 11:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Typing Game anyone?

I'm trying to find "typing of the dead". :P I'll give this a whirl though. I'd say I type pretty quickly, especially since I don't have a mike (thus, during my FPS games, I can only type out commands...in the middle of a fire fight.)

[hr]

Over 10 games, I got 68.0 average and my highest was...89. :P I didn't write it down, but my average accuracy would be 95% I'd wager.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 22:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I've not tried this, but I've done several other typing tests on the web and elsewhere and I average around 95 words per minute... I've got as high as 99 but never could crack that hundred. I'm surprised you guys are so slow!
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2009, 23:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm with Circus. On Typing Race on Facebook (which demands 100% accuracy), I've peaked at 103. I'll give this a go.

Hit 103 first go on this one, managed 120 on my second go.

Problem for me in general is that I'm used to my smaller laptop keyboard, I can barely type at all on a full sized one!
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2009, 12:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Only had two quick games, got about 54 words per min (though I won both games). I am actually a pretty fast typist, but I often make little mistakes and go back to proof read what I've written afterwards. I'm not used to having to type perfectly first time, so I kept making mistakes and having to go back.

The other problem is that it uses some very strange pasages - so you have to re-read some words that you are not familiar with. What it's really testing is how fast you can absorb what you've read and then accurately repeat it without mistakes. Apparently without practice I'm not too good at it lol.