Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How to upset an Atheist
Old 06 Feb 2009, 04:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default How to upset an Atheist

How to piss off an atheist

Was reading this and got a good chuckle. Thought some of you other folk out there might like it too

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
BloodiedFangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 04:35   #2 (permalink)
Lonely Tau

Default Re: How to [i]Aulma[/i] off an Atheist

Heh, this one was a gem...

"End all conversations with "well you may be smarter than me but at least I know I'm right" :P
Old 06 Feb 2009, 04:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: How to upset an Atheist

See, most of those don't make me angry, just get me into debate mode so I can shred their beliefs. Bonus points if you get them to throw a punch and concede the moral high ground by default.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 04:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

As a someone slightly religious (somewhere between jewish and agnostic) I even find those incredibly dumb...
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 05:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Anybody who's seriously agnostic, please read Dawkin's God Delusion.

I used to think being agnostic was something to be proud of, but after reading that I began to question that.

But keep in mind this is being a serious agnostic. Many agnostics just either don't consider the issue or are religious at the root but disillusioned by organized religious institutions.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 06:27   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

"55) Punch him in the face. Hard."
"76) Burn him at the stake."

...yes, that would upset me

"One thing about programming, is to make everything boring... You don't want a 100 tonne turbine to get exiting"
GeorgeCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 06:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedmongoose

I used to think being agnostic was something to be proud of, but after reading that I began to question that.

But keep in mind this is being a serious agnostic. Many agnostics just either don't consider the issue or are religious at the root but disillusioned by organized religious institutions.
Or maybe they just believe there may be a higher power and don't think it is an established one, think the established ones have been changed too much by history, or just plain do not care?
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 08:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedmongoose

Dawkins in all seriousness, is a nob. ( no not the ork kind)
sure he is entitled to his own opinions and he is fine to dispute religion. and this is not just because i disagree with him.

BUT he doesn't use any form or argument. He only says that we a rong. WHY are we wrong Richard? please tell us.
Old 06 Feb 2009, 08:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Ah..

Richard isn't here, at least I've never seen him here.. which is not to say that he isn't here, but if I was to claim that he was here then I should really offer some evidence that Richard is here. So while I'm not going to claim that Richard is here, should someone else claim that he is here then I'd expect them to come forward with some compelling evidence that proves that Richard is here.

But it would've saved me the time and effort of typing seventy plus words, if I just simply claimed that Richard isn't here. Further more, you might want to avoid trying to engage in conversation with people that you can't prove are actually there.. I've seen people locked up for doing that sort of thing.

As for his answers, might I suggest that you might find what your looking for in one of his books? It sounds like the logical place to start.

::Written tongue in cheek.::
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..." ~ Terry Pratchett
ParadoxRifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2009, 08:58   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron
See, most of those don't make me angry, just get me into debate mode so I can shred their beliefs. Bonus points if you get them to throw a punch and concede the moral high ground by default.
That's because they were written by a very sarcastic atheist for the enjoyment of other atheists.