Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

its tax time, a heads up for some of you in the states.
Old 20 Jan 2009, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default its tax time, a heads up for some of you in the states.

Just a friendly reminder make sure to get your tax forms out there, and make appointments if you feel you need to.

fun fun.

If you dont have a complicated situation, consider grabbing them yourselves the IRS and state local tax offices are pretty cool about answering questions. Just dont expect too much personality hehe.

They even have classical music for downtimes before you talk to an official.

-------------

Washington among some other states have changes coming up in July in regards to collecting out of state customer purchases tax (use tax, or excise if im getting this right). Retailers out of fear of being sued for back sales tax are slowly but surely trying to comply to this pain in the rear move they are doing.

The definition from where the retailer is, will be changed to upon where the buyer presides.

People are techinically supposed to report tax on their online purchases, but how can you enforce such a thing with people? ??? normally people want to avoid paying money.

for me as a retailer, this would mean I have to find out your local tax rate on your purchase, and techinically charge tax, or add on price so the tax is paid in my reporting schedules. So item price+shipping+tax in otherwords. If this happens dont be too surprised. How really feasible is it? I dont know, but businesses with several thousands of transactions a year are going to have to spend more money accounting for this if this is the case, and I dont understand why they cant keep it simplistic with your states local, and sales tax guidelines.

(I know, cities want their taxes, but crimeney.)
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 22:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: its tax time witches hehe.

If I ever get my 1099 and W2. : w00t for having 3 kids, though. :P
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2009, 22:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: its tax time witches hehe.

waiting on a w2 myself, it should be postmarked no later then the 31st if I got that right. At least you get a deduction for the kids right? (as I would joke with my mom at times, she would say, "yes, the sole reason you were born was so that I can get into the carpool lane, and claim you as a deduction" <rolls eyes>

Having fun going through my state business tax form atm, pretty simple. I have to go through and do a business federal tax form near my birthday . So golly ms molly.

Im paying taxes! Yay! best present ever! ;D lol.

I am so hitting the black jack tables when I hit 21 (pun unintended).
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 12:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: its tax time, a heads up for some of you in the states.

I hate tax season. It was so simple when I was young and single, easy form, get money back, go party. Now I'm married, have a house, two cars, etc, well tax season isn't quite as fun as it used to be.
Old 21 Jan 2009, 12:25   #5 (permalink)
Zen
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Zen

My mommy is doing the tax :P
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 13:12   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Who does taxes?

I dont have a job, I dont have a house... whats not to love?
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2009, 14:51   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor{DoH}
I hate tax season. It was so simple when I was young and single, easy form, get money back, go party. Now I'm married, have a house, two cars, etc, well tax season isn't quite as fun as it used to be.
This last year, Ive gotten married, bought a house, rented the old house, returned to college part time, as has my wife, who changed jobs and cashed out some of her 401k...etc, etc. I feel your pain. This year, it's going to be less fun than pulling teeth.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote