Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

not want, dont want, why hollywood why?
Old 18 Jan 2009, 02:47   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default not want, dont want, why hollywood why?

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/01/16...y-bebop-movie/

<cowers in a corner>

As hentai rapes our child hood cartoons, Hollywood will see fit to rape us with an unecessary move.

just let spike rest, let him rest damn it!

lol, sorry, I had to get this out. I really am not looking to keen on this, anime network has some news saying they want to do it with the elements of episode 1 red eye...

Why must I see another drug action flick, starring mr keanu, he cannot pull off the slick nature of spike. Session 1 was nearly all spike being slick!

if anything maybe session 5.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 03:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to pepin0329
Default Re: not want, dont want, why hollywood why?

I don't mind the concept, but seriously, Keanu Reeves?

I couldn't think of a worse actor to play Spike....
A Tau's best friend (with the exception of the codex).
pepin0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 04:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Im trying to think of an upside to this, I really am.

On the bright side, spike is usually rather calm and quiet. Hopefully that'll make it somewhat easier for Keanu. And at least Keanu knows Kung Fu.

Alls Im saying it, they better get the music right.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 05:05   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Spike shows no emotions because he is unwilling. Keanu shows no emotions because that's as far as his spectrum goes.

But whatever. The idea could be done well, think a cross between Bladerunner and Firefly. Having said that, I'm almost confident they will not do it well.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 05:25   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

This is very true...but it's a character that at least keanu has a shot at. He's done far worse in the past...

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 05:28   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Live Action Cowboy Bebop?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!one!!el even
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 05:53   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin0329
I couldn't think of a worse actor to play Spike....
I couldn't think of a worse actor to play anyone :P
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 06:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedmongoose
Spike shows no emotions because he is unwilling. Keanu shows no emotions because that's as far as his spectrum goes.

But whatever. The idea could be done well, think a cross between Bladerunner and Firefly. Having said that, I'm almost confident they will not do it well.
Spike usually has no point to show directed emotional contact in everyday life. Any passive mode you would see as normal is really a tough guy act for just trying to figure out something. He didnt really have alot growing up, but when he had meaning he sure as hell fought for it. Julia was kind of weak to me towards the end, she seemed better as a memory, her reintroduction is pushed too quickly, and she hehe well Ill leave it at that. I cant really figure out why she stood behind with Vicious the first time...

in fact I wish they played more into those memories. I didnt understand if Spike from the pool hall met Julia and got himself tangled in the syndicate, or he was already in the syndicate got himself shot with vicious and crashed at Julias door not knowing about vicious`s relation.

He waking up to her, changed his life completly. He runs into her again at a pool hall and they get involved... what I was guessing that Vicious had Julia first, but Spike took her away from him. Julia probably saw it as a pipe dream and didnt want to die with spike in the beginning, perhaps a fling? a hope to escape her reality? perhaps she ran a flower shop as a front for an ammo dump or transaction deal place like Anny.

Spike was the driving force character wise. You felt any anger, you felt any sly remark, and you understood any motivation he had in the sessions. You never had to really think why Spike did anything.

Spike, the music, and the film like standard it had made cowboy Bebop easy to get into. Though of the episodes I felt only some connection to.

Bohemian rapsody, real folk blues part 2, ballad of fallen angels, red eye, la pierrot (forget how its spelled)

Jupiter Jazz 1,2

Jets Background kind of felt like an old detective cliche, so I didnt really enjoy him as much, but he was cool when he wasnt the focus.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jan 2009, 18:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Le Pierrot is definitely my favorite. First time I saw that I was like, 12 and it was friggin mind **** for me. :P The whole crying for momma I mean.

Cowboy Bebop is one of those anime where everyone loves it. :P Even those annie may haters. :P
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2009, 00:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm ont happy to hear this.
Not happy at all.
I just cant see him doing it well.

Ballad of fallen angels is my favourite episode, that and the 3rd one where faye is introduced. dont remember the name.

And if they dont get the music right.....

ahh, i love the seatbelts.
lemon-green is offline   Reply With Quote