Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Girl auctioning off Virginity to pay for college, good idea?
Old 13 Jan 2009, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Girl auctioning off Virginity to pay for college, good idea?

Felt this should be in the Enclave, so here you go, on the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...5-million.html
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 22:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Girl auctioning off Virginity to pay for college, good idea?

She's whoring herself out for...

a masters degree in Family and Marriage therapy. Contradictory?
Old 13 Jan 2009, 22:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

She's hot, how the hell is she still a virgin at 22?

Anyway, this is stupid. I can't believe someone would place such a low value on sex. No comments about money please, sex should be priceless.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer

Well it's certainly an effective way for paying for college....and hell of a lot of other things! :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus
She's hot, how the hell is she still a virgin at 22?

Anyway, this is stupid. I can't believe someone would place such a low value on sex. No comments about money please, sex should be priceless.
It's strange...in one way you've answered your own question but that answer doesn't seem to apply in this case.

You're quite right, sex should be priceless. Hence I have no problem with the concept of someone still being a virgin at 22 if they're waiting for the right person...

But that's hardly what she's doing! Personally I find her actions rather tasteless and disgusting....but then I find much of today's culture regarding sex rather tasteless and disgusting so I've learnt not to get too worked up about it...

Still, you have to feel sorry for her poor father....what he must be feeling at this time I dread to think....
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to copperdusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calian Gecko
She's whoring herself out for...
FOR SCIENCE!!

In all seriousness, though I'm not sure what to think of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicidal Ferret
chat is pretty much a run-on penis joke
copperdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Incidently if anyone wants my virginity the going rate is 34. I've got a couple of hopefuls waiting in line though so you'll have to be quick with your offers.
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Still, you have to feel sorry for her poor father....what he must be feeling at this time I dread to think....
Considering that her older sister was a prostitute for three weeks herself to pay her own college debts, and convinced the girl in question to do the auction, not to mention that this story originally broke back in September last year, I think he may be used to it by now... :

From what I recall, this gal isn't the first one to have done such an auction. By my recollection, another girl did it a couple of years ago; initially through eBay, but went private after they pulled her auction. An account I read of the actual night itself made for awkward reading.

To be honest, it's prostitution. You're selling your body for sex. You are offering a random, likely desperate, guy something which is only worth having if the two of you care for each other very much. If she wants to sell it, then that's her prerogative, but I do wonder if she'll look back, years down the line, and just wonder why she did it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Incidently if anyone wants my virginity the going rate is 34. I've got a couple of hopefuls waiting in line though so you'll have to be quick with your offers.
You'll give me 34? Hmm... you'll need to sweeten that deal a bit more before I consider taking you up on that... ;D
[hr]
Masked Thespian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Huh. Well, it goes to show how different the Liberal Arts are from the Sciences. In the sciences you can usually pay your tuition and stipend by being a Teaching or Research Assistant. This seems a little fake to me. I can't really imagine any academic department that would want to deal with this sort of thing on their reputation. And it certainly isn't legal in California.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

And women try to tell us they aren't objects...and then go sell themselves for millions of dollars. And I like how she tries to act confident and insist she isn't demeaning herself or any of that crap, too, what a load. And it's not "taboo", it's STUPID.

I really don't see how her vagina is worth $3.7 million at that, she's cute but I would never pay $3.7 million to sleep with ANYONE, even if I had an unlimited supply of cash and could literally throw away millions without ever having to worry about it. Never.

And that's a good point Khanaris, isn't prostitution illegal? Shouldn't she really be locked up (or was she already seeing as how this is apparently old)? I say they should also seize her millions and donate it to charity...namely my charity, the "All For Me" Fund.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2009, 23:36   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, look at it this way...she may get her college paid for but she certainly isn't going to have an easy time getting a boyfriend now is she? What about a serious relationship for marriage. This is an unfortunate result of a male-dominated society which demeans women to simply sexual objects. If I had the money, I'd pay for her education and let her keep her virginity...perhaps requiring her to work with sexual assault or rape victims for a summer instead or some other environment in which she could learn to appreciate sexuality and what a privilage it is that she's been able to remain of virgin for 22 years.
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote