Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Price of deadly gases?
Closed Thread
Old 13 Jan 2009, 02:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey
Default Price of deadly gases?

Wellllll this is gonna sound like a terrible question, but does anyone know the availability/pricing/effectiveness of, like, say, lethal gases that you could put into the vents at a school to kill everyone inside?

I had an essay assigned in English today (a satire piece) addressing a problem at our school and making a ridiculous solution, like Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal". And basically my solution is overcrowding in the hallways, and my solution is kill everyone in the school. :P

Sooo, anyone have a general idea of what kind of gases would work, how much you'd need, and the general cost of rigging the vents to spread over a school of 4,000-ish people?

Mentos=Win
Old 13 Jan 2009, 02:06   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Price of deadly gases?

To be honest, it entirely depends on where you get it.

And I dont feel entirely secure answering this question....

[hr]

Erm... yeah, I'm just going to request a lock/delete for potentional legal issues.

Mainly pertaining to Department of Homeland Security, potential Terroristic threats implied, and other such things.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 02:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

Hmmm, darn. I guess I'll either just bull on the price and availability or copy paste Tak'Ukos' underground way :P

I guess I can see the possible problems with this XD

Mentos=Win
Old 13 Jan 2009, 04:44   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

For starters, this is not really the best place to be asking (or answering) that sort of question. I had to trim off a few responses for legal reasons. You know who you are. >

But more importantly, I would strongly advise against completing the assignment that way. Unless you know for certain that the teacher will appreciate a dark sense of humor, the most likely outcome would be the teacher getting nervous and you getting suspended for an implied threat. It isn't worth it in the current climate. Poison gas, to be frank, isn't that funny. You would be better off with something more absurd and less feasible. That was part of the point of Swift's essay. He wasn't doing a feasibility study on cannabalism.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 05:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

if it dont sound safe, wouldnt ask.

Teachers dont really have alot of room for humor <hint, hint>
Old 13 Jan 2009, 05:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'll answer this like I have heard similar answers in the past.

There are two costs:

The only way to get such is illegal, (assuming you do not have proper permits) and as such, the cost is whatever the seller wants to charge you. Usually this is far more than a student can afford.

the second cost: If you are found with it, it will cost you your life.

That said, I agree with many of the above posters. Schools get very nervous about this stuff, and you would be giving a written testimony about it, with your name on it, to the school. If you go ahead with this paper, perpare yourself to spend the next 1-2 months in a mental hospital while they try to figure out if you are serious about it or not.

I am not kidding. I have seen this happen to students for very similar things.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 07:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Basically, writing about "poisonous gases" in a funny way is not funny. I'm from Austria, where about 70 years ago, such measures were taken against "overcrowding"... This is just tasteless, imo.

If you want to write about a solution to "overcrowding" in your school, how about the university approach? Drop-out exams at the beginning of each semester. Or the industrial appraoch: Outsourcing to cheaper countries. Or the political approach: Every party has its own school, and people go there. Or the anti-authoritarian appraoch: People (including the teachers!) go to school when the feel like it.

There are so many ways to write about this in a funny, truly humorous way without putting salt into the wounds of survivors, or generally upsetting everyone.

Cheers,
-Bone
Old 13 Jan 2009, 07:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd suggest some other and obviously impossible method, like rerouting the local highway trafic through your school hallways to avoid loitering. Nothing like cars going 100 km/h to stop you from standing there.

Or suggest placing zombies in the hallways to make students travel from class to class as fast as possible.

Those ones are clearly meant as joke, and not feasible as a threat.
Old 13 Jan 2009, 08:30   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't know, some young kid in the US wrote a story about killing zombies about a year ago (there was a thread about it) and was taken out of school for fear he was a psycho. :P
Old 13 Jan 2009, 13:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'm actually going to give a completely serious answer...

Sorry if it offends, I shall use the spoiler to hide it from anyone who may not wish to read it...
[spoiler]
Use dry ice Tell everyone it's a deadly nerve agent or gas and then run away
Stick it in a ventilation shaft or something and set it off, then see what happens [/spoiler]

Unfortunately, looking back to the things posted here, I realised I can now do much better :3

Here are my step by step tutorials for ease of use
Dreadnought close combat arms
Ig tanks
Ork PowerKlaw
Closed Thread