Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Welp, kids, Campaign's over, pack it up. Canada, Sweden, I dunno w/e you planned
Old 08 Sep 2008, 10:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003
Default Welp, kids, Campaign's over, pack it up. Canada, Sweden, I dunno w/e you planned

Quote:
~2 days from now, polling websites are just going to replace obama's numbers with a link go a youtube video of a cessna plowing into a cow field
Here's the video in question:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XKGdkqfBICw

Basically he was meant to say "my supposed muslim faith". Actually "my muslim faith" made sense as well but it just makes for the absolute worst soundbyte possible and the only worse thing he could have said possible as far as smear campaigns would go was something like "I rape paraplegic babies".

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 10:41   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: Welp, kids, Campaign's over, pack it up. Canada, Sweden, I dunno w/e you planned

I don't even get why it's so bad, even if he was a Muslim. America is supposed to be the shining beacon of equality, the melting pot of different races, religions, what have you, and here we have most of America pretty much saying "We don't want a Mooslim terrorist in the White House", and the less said about the "colorful" comments about his skin color the better. Add that to the fact that we're building a freaking wall between us and Mexico and it's like a big freaking joke.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 10:57   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Welp, kids, Campaign's over, pack it up. Canada, Sweden, I dunno w/e you planned

So, the Big O made an error (or not) and people are going mad?

I honestly can't see why this bothers people, especially when it comes to places like America or England. Does it matter what his faith his? Is it that big a deal if he prayed to Allah instead of God?

I can understand if he had been radical, but then radical's of all flavours should never get power - look what happened when a Mr. A. Hitler got in charge.

I swear, sometimes the masses need beating with a plank until they get rid of silly preconceptions.

[hr]

Of course, I feel for the guy. Could this have come at a worse time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 11:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yo note how I put this in the enclaves and not SD&D.

Because I'm under the impression that those people who were undecided on Obama's muslim origins would have never voted him anyway. So I'm just finding this to be a groan inducing and annoying gaffe. Kinda like Jeremiah Wright and the "middle name is Hussein" business.

Old 08 Sep 2008, 11:06   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I suppose thats true - I can't see someone undecided really changing based on this.

Talk about foot in mouth syndrome though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 12:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Out of curiosity, Crazed, how is Jeremiah Wright just a groan inducing and annoying gaffe?

(Whoa, when I read that it said Giraffe. I swear.)

It is one of the many things that I feel is detrimental to his character.

(Note I said I feel. I do not pretend that I speak for anyone else. I don't want to get into a heated argument over this. A calm debate... maybe.)
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 12:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Because you can have close relations with somebody even if they hold views you find vastly demeaning. My stepdad influenced my life a lot and he wishes death upon America like every day. (by which I mean he hates America, and is that hard to believe? he grew up in the days where every second word coming from the mouth of Truman and MacArthur on the topic of China involved "nuke" and "Beijing")

I know from personal experience that you tolerate family and people who benefit your community, especially older people like Rev. Wright who would have grown up in the real nitty gritty all or nothing era of race and identity politics who are really set in their ways already. You have to understand how recent a thing overt racism is, you can't just pretend it didn't happen.

My dad personally told me when I was just getting interested in politics to not even consider public service because I'll never amount to much; because I'm Asian "just a different coloured nigger as far as they're concerned". I don't exactly take his words to heart but I realize that as much as mainstream western society doesn't want to hear it, there's a degree of truth in them, I just have to pretend to white people I work, study or am friends with that I don't believe them.

I'm only saying this now on the internet, but it says something about the inherent racism in our society when we allow white people, left and right of politics, such as Michael Moore, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O Reilly, to make loud provocative talking points, yet the minute a black man does it, about race relations, it's suddenly one of the most hateful and outrageous things we've ever heard?

I mean other than the "god damn America" point, what was Wright really wrong on? That Jesus wasn't essentially a poor ethnic minority growing up in the world controlled by rich white Europeans? That the pharisees didn't persecute Jesus pretty much because he stood up for the poor and didn't fit the "mould"? Has Hillary ever been called a nigger? Just out of interest?

For the disclaimer I'd like to say I don't agree with Wright, Jackson and Sharpton's 60's brand of single issue identity politics because it's ultimately counter productive in the modern day, now having said that, the fact that we'd all be so outraged and should be universally expected to condemn these people is ridiculous. So it's okay for John McCain to say "I hate the gooks, I will hate them for as long as I live" because he's too old to change his ways and was a product of his context, but it's not okay for Rev. Wright or Jesse Jackson to talk about race relations when they lived through the race riots and the days when black people had to sit at the front of buses and in many states weren't legally allowed to marry white people?

Old 08 Sep 2008, 22:06   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Commissar_Will

I think the most depressing thing about that video was the comments...

Every minute there's a stream of lovely new "MOOSLIMZ R BABY EATERZ LOL DEF TO DEVIL-WORSHIPPING OBAMA" comments for me to facepalm over. Good grief...I honestly couldn't care less even if Obama was a Muslim, and as it was probably just a slip of the toungue that was taken out of context and people are spewing so much hate at him because of it. Gah, it's depressing. So much for the "land of equality".

My Space Marine project log
Commissar_Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2008, 22:12   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I don't know if those people are actually stupid or just acting that way for the hell of it. But then again I've met people in real life who do say shit that stupid, so...I dunno, it's pretty damn sad.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Sep 2008, 00:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazedmongoose
Because you can have close relations with somebody even if they hold views you find vastly demeaning.
Crazed, I have to disagree with you on this point. Reverend Wright was not Mr. Obama's personal friend. He was his Spiritual Leader. He was directing Obama's faith and spiritual life. If Obama had a question about his faith, he'd ask Wright. Wright had a massive influence over Obama. You can't know how much of the "America is Evil" speech rubbed off on him. It sure brings his personal character into question if he sat in a church for 10 (Not sure, somewhere around there.) years listening to this pastor, who he knows has these views and feelings. There were probably a few instances where the Reverend worked it into the sermon.

Something that throws his character into an even worse light is that he let his children go to a church where this feeling of hate was that widespread. He has to direct and guide his kids. Letting them listen to a message like that casts shadows on his personality. Even if he didn't believe that theme, doing nothing and letting his children sit there and absorb the message is just as bad.

Even so, if he was running for office in the UK, Australia, or some other country, I wouldn't mind that he listened to the "Hate America" speech. He is running for office for the Leader of this Country! He is supposed to protect us and better us. That is his job! His determination, and motives, are sitting on extremely shaky ground with a spiritual leader such as Wright in his past.

I know that people say, "We don't know if Obama's character is bad." He is running for president of this Country, so we better be damn sure he is has good character before we give him a position of power in this country.

(As to the muslim thing, I couldn't care less if he was Buddhist, Hindu, Athiest, Christian, or a worshipper of Zeus.)
I'm certain that when I grow old I'll become probably conservative and my rebellious teenage children will rail against me for supporting the enslavement of animals classed as "pets" under a cruel regime of apartheid, and also think I'm a bigot cos I don't want to allow neo-cyborg lupine hyper sexual marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodiedFangs
Scoutninja's 100% correct.

Scoutninja is offline   Reply With Quote