Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Starship Troopers 3!
Old 27 Feb 2008, 04:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Starship Troopers 3!

Watch the preview here!

I am so going to see this. Of course it'll be nothing at all like the book, but the movies work in their own way as more of a satirical comedy.

Thoughts?
Colonel_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 07:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Starship Troopers 3!

I hated that trailer for approximately one minute and forty-nine seconds. Then, at the end: "I'll see you on the bounce, trooper." ;D That was such a cute little tribute to the book. At that point I went from hating the trailer to just having a general loathing for it.

It also sounded like a reference to Sanctuary? Hmm?

Oh, and a Titan look-alike? Most interesting... Probably to match that dorky looking 'super bug.'

I probably won't see this one...

-Grandpa Ducky

(Aren't you proud of me, everyone? I didn't once preach about the greatness of the book, even if the point still stands that the book is far better than the movies they've put out. )

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 07:46   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

If this is halfway between ST and ST:2 - it still suck.

In all honesty, ST:2 was one of the worst movies I`ve ever seen (right down there with "Wing Commander" and "Reign of Fire").

The Trailer looks to be full of bad CGI; yet Special Effects say nothing bout the quality of a film... Meh, I guess if I find it in the bargain bin one day, I`ll give it a try...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:01   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I've known this was coming for a while, as long as its nothing like ST2, then it'll be worth watching, just to see the Guard vs Tyranids Federation vs Bugs.

What was wrong with Wing Commander? I loved the movie - so cheesey, and have played games 3 and 4 - they were an epic slice of 90's scifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:03   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Bombardier Bug> War of the Worlds

Have anyone realize that? They looked similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
If this is halfway between ST and ST:2 - it still suck.

In all honesty, ST:2 was one of the worst movies I`ve ever seen (right down there with "Wing Commander" and "Reign of Fire").

The Trailer looks to be full of bad CGI; yet Special Effects say nothing bout the quality of a film... Meh, I guess if I find it in the bargain bin one day, I`ll give it a try...
They had boobs, that qualifies as a movie..I guess.

but you know...I would see this because it is that cheesy. Johnny Rico however does do a convincing sgt act.

but I miss diz..wait nm..no i dont.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 08:58   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
but I miss diz..wait nm..no i dont.
Even though we never really got to know him, I do find myself missing Dizzy. It's too bad that he bought his plot right off the bat, even after Rico and Ace made the pick-up... I bet that Jelly really took the loss hard, it being his first drop as Platoon Leader after the Lietenant... 'stepped out.' :'(

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 09:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I've known this was coming for a while, as long as its nothing like ST2, then it'll be worth watching, just to see the Guard vs Tyranids Federation vs Bugs.

What was wrong with Wing Commander? I loved the movie - so cheesey, and have played games 3 and 4 - they were an epic slice of 90's scifi
Sorry? WING COMMANDER? Freddy Prince JUNIOR?!?! Don`t get me wrong, I loved the games; I just wished they took the original cast (Mark Hamil, John Rhys Davis, etc), and kept to the original story. The movie as is is just terrible. SO full of holes you can fly the "TCS Victory" through them without slowing down...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 09:13   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Sorry? WING COMMANDER? Freddy Prince JUNIOR?!?! Don`t get me wrong, I loved the games; I just wished they took the original cast (Mark Hamil, John Rhys Davis, etc), and kept to the original story. The movie as is is just terrible. SO full of holes you can fly the "TCS Victory" through them without slowing down...
I know, I know. The original cast would have been much better, but I did enjoy it (ok, recalling, it was mainly the actual space battling, bad as the graphics were, I did like hot the ship would close the hull like that to protect the flight bay).

And don't you mean so full of holes you could fit the TCS Behemoth through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 10:07   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

How can you possibly diss Wing Commander? The Rapier was bloody awesome in that film!

I'm vaguely aware there was some sort of talking going on occasionally, but I just ignored that until the shiny fighter came back.

Anyway, ST3... maybe the fourth film will be Starship Troopers Delta. That way, the abbreviation will be a fitting description.

I loved Starship Troopers. Never read the book, never going to; Starship Troopers got me into Guard. That is sufficient reason to put it on a pedestal.

Alas, every great film has a dozen shitty knock-offs. In the case of Starship Troopers, we're going for a "Ruin the series" approach like The Matrix did.

Yet despite knowing this will be an unbearable pile of crap, a part of me wants to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote