Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Hard to find songs: What song and how long does it take for you to find it and ?
Old 24 Jan 2008, 17:36   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Hard to find songs: What song and how long does it take for you to find it and ?

Do you ever have a time where you heard an awesome song, and then you try to find it online but it is a pain in the ass to find it? Then when you find it after a long time, you never even hesitate for a second and just download the song even if you are in a matter of life and death.

I have experienced this time and time again, and most of them are my Japanese songs which are in essence even rarer depending on where you heard the song and where the song comes from. heck, actually 1/3 of my Japanese songs are those kind of songs.

The longest record for me to find a song that I want is TWO years. Yes, you heard me right, TWO years. The song's name is 'Akatsuki no Kuruma' by FictionJuction Juuka. Even though the song is now as common as dirt, but when it first come out it is a pain in the ass for me to find the song for the fact that;

1)I do not know how to read Japanese

2)It is an Insert song in Gundam Seed (closing stage of the Battle of Aubu)

3) The album is only released a few years after the anime

When I find it, it was one of the happiest days in my life.

The second longest time it takes for me to find a song I want is 8 months. the song's name is "Melty Snow" by Kawada Mami (very beautiful song in my opinion). Why it took me so long?

1)It is the opening song to a Bishoujo game (that means it is significantly harder to find already)

2)The song is rarely found online in downloadable form

3)The artist is well-known in Japan, but not very well-known in other countryies (Makes songs that come from this singer that much harder to find).

The other songs that took me some time to find usually takes me on average at least 3-4 months to find them and download them. The songs are of such value that they are actually the most important files in my computer (Laptop and PC) and the only thing worth saving in my computers, to the extend that whoever accidentally deleted the files on both my computers I will not have a second though of killing that person. I always see my elusive Japanese songs as how an antique collector would to an antique object. It is an unique kind of object, and the effort and time spend on acquring the object can not be said in words, only tears, sweat and blood.

So what is the most elusive song in your collection and how long did it take you to find it and how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2008, 18:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Hard to find songs: What song and how long does it take for you to find it and ?

It took me a few months to find the song "Awaria" by Toples.

Reason being is

1. Foreign, non-mainstream song ( seems like a common thing)

2. The person with the song told me it was by the Apex Twins so that's was the biggest hit to my searching ability.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 00:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Hard to find songs: What song and how long does it take for you to find it and ?

I always simply e-mail Apple and they add the song to the itunes server. Only takes a few days.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 01:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
I always simply e-mail Apple for me and they add the song to the itunes server. Only takes a few days.
They can do that? You mean, they actually care?
Nice.
Old 25 Jan 2008, 05:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

You want to know hard stuff to find? I've got three items:

The first is a megamix supposedly done by an artist known as Archangel. For those of you who don't know what a megamix is, it's basically taking a dozen songs or so, making them flow together and adding your little touch to it. He has a single CD out (I've got that too), but there's no mention of it. So I like one little part of the song, and I want to know what it is. It's been four years- I still haven't found out what it is.

The other two are parts of what appear to be megamixes, but are in smaller parts. The first one is called "Erotic Voice"; it starts with the song "Fine Day"... the vocals are hauntingly beautiful. The second one is called "Trance Express". Been searching for close to a year and a half.

If anyone can let me know any info about these, LET ME KNOW. ^>^
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 06:16   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage

The first is a megamix supposedly done by an artist known as Archangel. For those of you who don't know what a megamix is, it's basically taking a dozen songs or so, making them flow together and adding your little touch to it. He has a single CD out (I've got that too), but there's no mention of it. So I like one little part of the song, and I want to know what it is. It's been four years- I still haven't found out what it is.

The other two are parts of what appear to be megamixes, but are in smaller parts. The first one is called "Erotic Voice"; it starts with the song "Fine Day"... the vocals are hauntingly beautiful. The second one is called "Trance Express". Been searching for close to a year and a half.

Hey! I dug around a little bit and I have some possibly unknown answers for you.

I found a megamix cd by Burial that has a song named arcangel. Here's the youtune link if it's the right song.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9hI4bSCy9iE
If that's it, then the song is from Burials cd "Untrue"

Erotic voice was done by DJ Onyx and it was his cd's title from what I can tell.

No info on the last one though...you gotta give me more information if you have it.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 07:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

My longest was lik 6 years!!! where me and my buddies remembered a song from the 80s, and our childhood, and we all knew it, but had no idea who made it or what it was called... it bothered us all a lot. We all knew the line "BAM! BAM! Run away.. Ive got to..BAM BAM run away..". and it was only the advent of the internet that brought that golden oldie (and one hit wonder) Back to light. [Tainted Love, Soft Cell, btw]

nowadays there are several options for me in my little techno world for finding a songs name/title.

One was a google earch of something like "name my tune", where you simply whistle/hum 10 seconds of a tune thats bugging you, and people check in to listen to them as a form of game... and email you the answer.

I had this opera- or maybe classical- song in my head, and I really liked it, but had noooo idea where it could even begin to be found (as its opera for goodness sakes!!) So I tried by whistling this tune on the website (sry no link, but google it, youll find it), and within an hour got an aswer: The Flower Duet. Good stuff, no matter where it came from!

Then, for another option, If I hear it on the radio, I just whip out my Boost cellphone, dial 488 or whatever the code is, and aim the phone mic at the radio speakers... presto! song id service! I used it only once though (swhy I dont know the code # of hand) [that one was Dido- Thank You]

If it was in a movie, then that easy to find in the end credits. [Loreena mcKinnet- Night ride across the caucuses- from the movie Soldier (you know, the 'hanging up the clothes to dry' hot icelandic blonde scene)]

And if on the radio, most radio stations have websites, that have a running playlist of what they just played.. going back an hour or so.

hrmm then theres google/wikipedia, where if you have a glimmer of a hint where the song is from, you can drop a 'near miss' search query, and find links to point you the right way from there. 'yaaay incerconnectedness!'
Old 25 Jan 2008, 10:30   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterCresent
I always simply e-mail Apple for me and they add the song to the itunes server. Only takes a few days.
They can do that? You mean, they actually care?
Nice.
Wow, for real? Does that include themes for bishoujo games? If yes, I would now like to make an Itune account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage

Wow, I feel for you man.

There are some songs that I am looking for some time now, which I have no clue save for the fact that they are;

1)Japanese: in Bishoujo games

2)Jazz: Only remmeber the tune in my head, but always can't seem to sing it out.

3)Techno: Either have no idea who the DJ is and/or have no idea what is the title of the song, to add to the spice of being mostly underground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaban
hrmm then theres google/wikipedia, where if you have a glimmer of a hint where the song is from, you can drop a 'near miss' search query, and find links to point you the right way from there. 'yaaay incerconnectedness!'

That is one of my most reliable song-finding engines, along with several websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jan 2008, 13:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by enderwiggin
It took me a few months to find the song "Awaria" by Toples.
You are joking, aren't you? You want some some polish disco music? Just type Disco Polo on youtube. You'll see a new dimension of music. Disco Polo is the music of the future. Everyone will love it (oh my god, whata nightmare) :P

I find it impossible sometimes to find the titles of classical music. It's frustrating. It's impossible to find, I can't even ask it to a person that likes classical music. How would you explain what you're searching for?
Old 25 Jan 2008, 18:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I find it impossible sometimes to find the titles of classical music. It's frustrating. It's impossible to find, I can't even ask it to a person that likes classical music. How would you explain what you're searching for?
By humming/whistling a bit of it on http://www.namemytune.com/ , and hoping that you are on-key enough for someone to recognize it.