Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rebuild of Evangelion
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:51   #1 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Default Rebuild of Evangelion

Neon Genesis Evangelion fans around the world rejoice!!! Go hug your family, your friends, heck go hug your dog!

Rebuild of Evangelion is a tetralogy of animated films in the anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion. It is being produced by Anno's Studio Khara in partnership with Gainax. Hideaki Anno wrote the first movie and will be the general director and manager for the entire project. Kazuya Tsurumaki and Masayuki will direct the movies, while Yoshiyuki Sadamoto will provide character designs and Ikuto Yamashita will provide mechanical designs. Shinji Higuchi and Tomoki Kyoda will provide storyboards for the first movie.

In September 2006, the October edition of the Japanese anime magazine Newtype first reported that the new cinema series "Rebuild of Evangelion" would be released in the summer of 2007. On September 9, 2006, GAINAX's official website confirmed that "Rebuild of Evangelion" will consist of four movies. The first three movies will be an alternate retelling of the TV series, featuring new scenes, settings, backgrounds, and characters and newly available 3D CG technology, and the fourth film will present a completely new conclusion to the story. Another stated intention of this series is for it to be much more understandable and accessible to non-fans than the original TV series and movies were.

The first of these films, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone has already been released in Japan. The plot is for the large part a point-for-point adaptation of episodes 1 through 6 of the original Evangelion series. While some events are portrayed in exactly the same way, sometimes even with identical camera angles, other events unfold in a different manner.

Utada Hikaru provides the ending theme song "Beautiful World" from her single Beautiful World / Kiss & Cry. "Fly Me To The Moon" also has a newly-created reprise remix from the version released in 2000. It served as the soundtrack to the first full theatrical trailer.

The score for the film, composed and arranged by Shiro Sagisu, was recorded at Abbey Road Studios with performances by the London Studio Orchestra. The album featuring the film's score will be released on September 26, with the catalog number KICA-887.

The film, on its opening weekend, took first place at the Japanese box office, with some 236,158 spending 280 million yen (about US $2.4 million) to watch it. This income can be considered unusual, considering the film was played at only 84 theaters in the country).

The film's official news feed at Bandai Channel reported full houses and an applause from the fans at the film's theatrical premiere on September 1, 2007.

For even more info please visit the wiki articles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebuild_of_Evangelion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangel...28Not%29_Alone

For a look at the two premier trailers, you can find them here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M5F2Yr0NEw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yif6f...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btkl5...elated&search=

Enjoy.*
Old 25 Sep 2007, 22:58   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Rebuild of Evangelion

Why did I know it was you who wrote this topic? :P

Looks pretty good, might be something I actually have to watch once...
Old 25 Sep 2007, 23:02   #3 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:

Why did I know it was you who wrote this topic?
You couldn't have looked at the "By EvaFan(Aun)" could you? :

Quote:
Please do.
Coming from you that means something.
Old 25 Sep 2007, 23:13   #4 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaFan(Aun)
Quote:

Why did I know it was you who wrote this topic?
You couldn't have looked at the "By EvaFan(Aun)" could you? :
Nope, that would have been an unfair guess on my part :P I just saw "Evangelion" and I thought "Aun" :P

Quote:
Please do.
Coming from you that means something.
[/quote]
Awww, I feel special now. Maybe I'll actually do something that I say I will for once... any idea when the full thing will be on youtube? :P
Old 25 Sep 2007, 23:16   #5 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
* Awww, I feel special now.* Maybe I'll actually do something that I say I will for once...* any idea when the full thing will be on youtube?
They should be doing fan dubs sometime in October. (Just a prediction of mine) but they will likely be of pore quality. I'll let you know as soon as I see one. (Lord knows I will be the first in line when it comes out in English...)

Quote:
Nope, that would have been an unfair guess on my part** I just saw "Evangelion" and I thought "Aun"
Awww, now I feel special.* ;D
Old 26 Sep 2007, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

I'll watch it, i'll be confused, i'll be spaced out, i'll be impressed, i'll be disturbed, and then i'll come back on to TO and start smiting Aun whenever he thro2ws more eva references in to the eldar board.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2007, 02:25   #7 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
I'll watch it, i'll be confused, i'll be spaced out, i'll be impressed, i'll be disturbed,
Isn't that how it always is?* ???* :P*

Quote:
and then i'll come back on to TO and start smiting Aun whenever he thro2ws more eva references in to the eldar board.
Shtlk.* :'(

I would also like to note that I added a new trailer to the list. This is the longest one I could find and has a few more comprehensive scenes. (Unit 01 with the Beam Sniper Rifle)
Old 26 Sep 2007, 03:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Let it die! Seriously... there's only so much that battery powered bios can do...
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 20:11   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Bah even more things to buy... I haven't even finished the original series of Eva yet (currently needing volume 5) let alone even begun to consider getting the two movies that are out already and now I have to buy more Evangelion... Hang on a sec MORE EVENGELION, Christ I'm sounding like that's a bad thing. It might just be (in fact probably will be) the best thing ever.

Quote:
Lonely you trusted me on Elfen Lied, trust me on this, if there's one series better than that It's Neon Genesis
That's what the new Space Marine codex relates to. Grilled puppies.

Thanks to JD for the awesome siggy
Tim the Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 20:25   #10 (permalink)
Aun
Shas'El

Quote:
Lonely you trusted me on Elfen Lied, trust me on this, if there's one series better than that It's Neon Genesis
Quote:
Hang on a sec MORE EVENGELION, Christ I'm sounding like that's a bad thing. It might just be (in fact probably will be) the best thing ever.
Sing it brother! :rockon:

Quote:
Bah even more things to buy... I haven't even finished the original series of Eva yet (currently needing volume 5) let alone even begun to consider getting the two movies that are out already and now I have to buy more Evangelion
I would buy a platinum edition box set with all the episodes and the movies. Much cheaper.

There is also going to be a new character introduced sometime in the next movies. All that is known is that she will have dark hair and glasses. :-\