Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My life just went from bad to worse.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 10:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default My life just went from bad to worse.

Hello Tau Online.

I know I may have posted topics like this before, and I know you're probably all sick of them, but please, PLEASE bear with me.

My family is breaking apart.

It was fine this morning, the only problem was that I had stolen some of my mother's chewing gum (oh-ho, HUGE deal!) and she had banned me from the computer. Me and my dad went to the cafe, had a nice breakfast, laughed a bit, and I got her 2 packs of chewing gum to make up for it. (making up for it 4-fold)

We got home, I gave her the chewing gum, she's still not allowing me on the computer (though now I don't really care what the bitch thinks), and 10 minutes ago I went upstairs with my dad to paint some Fire Warriors. My dad caught sight of a dead guppy in the fish tank, it's been dead for 2 days now and my mum hadn't even been bothered to clean it for, oh, about a week.

My dad took it out and went downstairs. I lost it then. Only 1 fish is left, all the others have died from not being cleaned, not being fed etc. She's had them for a month, whining on about how they reduce your blood pressure, they look nice, they're tropical etc, etc, etc. Now, she hasn't been bothered to clean them or look after them properly, and it's a pointless waste of about 20 fish lives. Most of you probably know how natural I am, and how much I care about animals, and now I'm angry. Really angry.

Anyway, back to the story. While my dad was downstairs, I gave the last fish some food. I'm not one with a steady hand, and I think I put a bit too much in. My dad came up, saw it, and got really angry at me, and called me stupid, among other things. He said he was leaving, that he'd had it with me and my mum.

I'm angry with my mum, not my dad. He's absolutely right that I put too much in, and I acknowledge that. It's my mum who's to blame. She constantly, CONSTANTLY complains about how shit her life is, and moans at us, and gets angry at us even though we're not to blame most of the time. She says she's past caring about anything.

I'm sick of it too. I'm sick of my family, sick of my life, sick of every ****ing thing in the world. Why does everything have to be so awful.

Any condolences, help or advice would be sorely appreciated.

Thank you for your time and energy.

-Lord of the Pit
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2007, 13:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: My life just went from bad to worse.

Hey buddy,

There's not much you can being as young as you are. It seem's like a lot of trivial things have put pressure on your parents.
Has your dad called back or come back yet? Maybe he justs needs a break.
A lot of people don't have a way to deal wih stress other then taking it out on others.
All you can do right now is be a good kid and see how things unfold.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 14:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Really sorry to hear about that man. I have not had the best time with parents either, as I know have a step mom.

Please tell me how things work out, and if you need something just ask, ok? If you need someone to talk to, i'm the one.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 14:31   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

He hasn't left yet, but I'm willing to bet he will...
Frosty05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2007, 16:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

It's easier said than done, Pit. I honestly doubt he will leave (although I'm not promising anything, I don't know your family from anything other than these topics) unless something really big happens.
Old 23 Sep 2007, 18:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I don't know how helpful an idea this is but...

Wait until both your parents are back at the house write a letter to BOTH your parents telling you how you feel about their actions. Leave in on the kitchen table or something and disappear for an entire evening (come back like midnight) or even a night (stay at a friends, but tell their parents not to tell your parents for above reasons).

The shock for your parents will get them to read the letter and make them understand that you are having enough of their behavior.

Of course they might not read it or go ballistic but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Remember it is YOUR life, not theirs just because they are screwing up their life doesn't mean they should screw with yours. Keep the moral high ground.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2007, 20:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I really agree with what Genmotty said. I have found in the past with really delicate situations it is a lot of times better to just write a letter then try discussing something. It sounds like you have a lot of things you need to get out there and a lot of times an argument will spring up about the first little thing and you will never get to the big things. With a letter they get it all at once, no one to ague with, and they can read it several times.

However depending on the situation... use your best judgement, it may be best to try and get two letters to them seperatly, so they don't start arguing about it while reading it. I don't know what the situation is which is why I'm saying leave it up to your best judgement. From the sound of it your dad also sounds like he has a cooler head on his shoulders. It might be best to leave a letter for him, and put at the bottom, "Read this over, think about it, then talk to mom about it. I've been a little worried about her lately, and I don't want to make this any harder for her." Or something along those lines. When I was having some problems with my mother I would always go to my step dad for advise and help, and he normally had really good advise on how to handle the situation. The reason I put the part about 'I'm worried about her' is that so she doesn't get as upset when she finds out you went to your dad first instead of her.

I hope the best for you. Something else I highly advise is talking to your school counselor about this. Not only can they offer some advise and give you someone older to talk to about it, but if it gets worse they can help if this effects your school work :-\.

I feel really bad for you man, hope you get through this.
Ironwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2007, 23:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

My condolences mate. I would just go with Genmottys idea and hope for the best. Sorry about the guppys.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2007, 10:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
It's easier said than done, Pit. I honestly doubt he will leave (although I'm not promising anything, I don't know your family from anything other than these topics) unless something really big happens.
1shot may be right, often things are said in anger that aren't meant, including divorce threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Hive Tyrant Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2007, 20:27   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hive Tyrant Horror
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
1shot may be right, often things are said in anger that aren't meant, including divorce threats.
Very True 1shot the same thing has happened with my parents.

i feel your pain 5 or so years ago my parents went through a pretty rough patch.

One of my friends reaaally didnt get on with her parents and a letter worked well to sort things out.

Stay Strong, Be patient it will be alright