Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Two band reviews(not suitable for music forum)
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jan 2007, 06:26   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor
Default Two band reviews(not suitable for music forum)

The first one is soemthing I posted in the spam thread, the second one is something I hastily cobbled together at the last minute to justify re-posting the first one, enjoy or die.

First off,
[size=20pt]A[/size]buncha [size=20pt]F[/size]***ing [size=20pt]I[/size]diots

People are always telling me about how original and genre-defying they are(read: Has own meaningless subgenre ending in "Core") but When I listen to their music and look at them as people, I just hear uninspired tripe that falls somewhere between wannabe punk and pseudo metal and see a bunch of jerkoffs whose entire image is a half-assed attempt at copying The Misfits.

[size=6pt]Sorry Kais for perusing your sig, but I didn't want to spend time finding pictures on google. [/size]

The singer is like a Glenn Danzig clone who got castrated at birth, the guy on the far right looks like he tried to steal his hair from Bryan Gregory(Former Cramps guitarist) but was too lazy to grow a full psychohawk, and the guy next to him is just a bald guy with a leather jacket who looks like an N'Sync Reject, yeah, real original assholes :.

Mean? yes. Biased? Yes, but this is how I see it and no amount of "Nuh uh! AFI I5 Aw3som3 dood!" will change it.

Also, Billy Joe can suck a dick. I hope that Johnny Thunders rises from the grave and sodomizes him to death at some point in the near future, preferably some time before American Idiot: The Movie hits theaters(and yes, they are actually making that. :P).

And now, It's

[size=15pt]Green Day[/size]

I was going to do this one on My chemichal romance, but the only thing I know about them is that they almost cried when people threw bottles of urine at them at a concert in England(besides, any band that has huge amounts of erotic fan-fiction about them posted up all over myspace should definatly be avoided at all costs).

Green Day is one of the most overrated, annoying pieces of poser-punk garbage to ever befoul the ears and subconcious of the american people, thier fans are annoying idiots who go on and on about how stupid george bush is and yet, when you ask them whether Bush is a democrat or republican, they draw a blank.

Billy Joe is a conceited cockmuncher who thinks he is such a bad-boy punk legend even though he would probably run away if he saw a real punk legend walking down the street(which he did in real life when he almost ran into Johnny Rotten on the street in L.A, I am not making this up). Even thier own Idols hate them, Johnny Rotten(The front man for the sex pistols) had this to say:

"Don't try and tell me Green Day are punk. They're not, they're plonk and they're bandwagoning on something they didn't come up with themselves. I think they are phony."

"So there we are fending off all that and it pisses me off that years later a wank outfit like Green Day hop in and nick all that and attach it to themselves. They didn't earn their wings to do that and if they were true punk they wouldn't look anything like they do"

When they met Steve Diggle of The Buzzcocks, he had this to say:

"I had no idea who they were, and they're not punks"

They are also shameless coppycats, they basically stole "Boulevard of broken dreams" from "Wonderwall" by Oasis. In fact, thier guitarist had this to say about it:

"If you listen, you'll find it is exactly the same arrangement as Wonderwall. They should have the decency to wait until I am dead (before stealing my songs). I, at least, pay the people I steal from that courtesy. They consider themselves to be - and I quote - 'a kick-D'yi rock 'n' roll band'. They could not be less kick-D'yi if they tried."

My respect for Oasis jumped up 65 points when I read this, anyone who hates Green Day is a decent guy in my book.

Also, as I said before, these D'yi clowns have the sheer arrogance to beleive that thier crappy album "American Idiot" deserves to be made into a feature film, I'm still waiting on you Johhny.

I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord General Thunder
You just wasted 5 seconds of my life, you prick.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 06:32   #2 (permalink)
lonely tau

Default Re: Two band reviews(not suitable for music forum)

Bravo!

Now, if only...pretty much all of these wanna-be bands would discontinue their somehow captivating grip upon the american brainwashed population people. I've said it once and I will say it again, I dis-own America as the country I was born in.

(please do the "MCR" review, that would bring far too much to my heart)

Old 21 Jan 2007, 15:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Good review! I like you. I can't belive MCR almost cried when people threw that stuff at them. That's one reason I like Alice in Chains, they were touring with Slayer (Let's see green day try that ) and when they got on stage the Slayer fans started to spit at them. So Layne, with a hardy "**** you!" spat right on some guy's face. The fans shut right up and let 'em play.

I hate modern punk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 21 Jan 2007, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to TheEmperorsJanitor Send a message via Yahoo to TheEmperorsJanitor

Oh no You didn't!!!

Never, Ever call My Chemical Romance punk, they are emo as Y'xauk. You are right however, most modern punk is Shtlk. :P

I just don't get the attraction, how is a vampire girl sexy? It's a monster, it wants to kill you, stop thinking about having sex with it!
Quote:
Old 21 Jan 2007, 20:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, I assumed they were(having never listened to them, not intentionaly anyway). Anyway, MCR touring with Slayer would be hilarious, they'd get eaten alive by the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Old 21 Jan 2007, 21:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to The Mothman

Quote:
MCR touring with Slayer would be hilarious, they'd get eaten alive by the fans.
Literally.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 21:57   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Hmm... just one of many reasons I try to stay away from most of today's bands... There's a lot of material flooding the scenes, but not much actual talent.

I'll stick with my Metal and Classic Rock thank you very much.
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:03   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman, High Preist of Chotec
Quote:
Literally.
They actually did, that's where the urine bottle incident took place.

(If anyone can find some video of that event, post it.)
Quote:
Old 21 Jan 2007, 22:21   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothman, High Preist of Chotec
Quote:
Literally.
My friend has long advocated that the best ever Metal concert would be along the lines of Chimeira, Slayer, Devil Driver and Fallout Boy. I've seen what Chim fans do to preteen fanboys. It's amusing but somewhat scary.
Old 22 Jan 2007, 10:15   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Your review, so true. I didn't used to mind greenday, hell, they weren't punk, couldn't be if they tried, but some of the older songs were ok. Then came American idiot...... I was sick. Its a traversty, one which stirred up the hundreds of scene kids who think America is evil and the Iraw war is wrong.... why? Because Greenday said it was wrong.

ARGH!

As for AFI, I like Sing the Sorrow, it had some nice music, weren't too bad to listen to. Then the new stuff came out, and it was clear they had just jumped on the emo bandwagon (one look at his hair convinced me of that.

The MCR piss incident, they were at this concert somewhere, with a bunch of metal fans or something for the main act..... no wonder they got bottles of piss chucked at them. Oh how I laughed when that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Closed Thread