Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Jesus
Closed Thread
Old 12 Sep 2006, 05:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Jesus

Everybody who walks the earth is destined to die at some point. It's a depressing thought, however it is nevertheless true. What happens then? Are we just obliterated or is there a life after this one? If there is eternal life, then the next life will be a lot longer than this one. If we win the genetic lottery here, we may live to be 100 years old. Most of us will live a shorter life than this. By comparison, the next life will last forever.

Bearing this in mind it is very important to consider how we live this life and to give some serious thought to the choices we make. Unless you subscribe to the notion that life is a random accident then you need to consider what you will say to your maker when you meet Him. The Bible says that we will all face judgement when we die. The Bible also says that all of us have done bad things in the eyes of God, we have all sinned. If we are to be held accountable for these things that we have done, then our eternal destination is going to be very unpleasant. We will not be able to tell God that we deserve to go into His heaven, because we don't deserve to go into His heaven.

God has made a way for us to avoid hell, which is where I deserve to go along with everyone else. He sent Jesus Christ to earth to live the perfect life that we couldn't live, pay for our sins with His suffering on the cross and to purchase a place in heaven for us. The way to receive the gift of eternal life is to do the following:

1. Trust Jesus to save you from your sins.
2. Accept Him as your Savior.
3. Make Him the Lord of your life (Giving Him control of your life).
4. Confess your sins to God (He knows them all anyway) and ask Him to forgive you of them.

These are not steps to be taken lightly. If you follow Jesus, it can't help but change your life. It will also make the next life a lot more enjoyable.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 05:19   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: Jesus

What if I don't want to go to "God's" heaven?

Anyway, how is this in any way shape or form a debate or discussion. To me this just seems like advertising, which is against the rules.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 05:32   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

yeah, can't say i'm impressed...this isn't a discussion, its not saying "do you give a damn about life after death", or anything

its simply evangelistic preaching...believe in god, and it will change you life...worship jesus and you'll go to a happy place...trust in the next best thing to the tooth fairy (ok, i'm not trying to stir you up...from my perspective, that's how he looks...so please, just leave that lie as an opinion)

honestly, the concept of jesus, and the heaven as god and the church have laid it out don't tempt me that much. i find the norse version much more interesting...i wanna go to valhalla, if i have to go somewhere. i wanna have that valkyrie take me away

this sense of faith that so many people find comforting doesn't do it for me, and there's nothing more suited to driving that home than to go to a religious school and be forced to go to chapel

personally, i take my comfort in much more worldly things...these are the things that you get from jesus...a sense of comfort and wellbeing, the trust that there's something good...i get that from alcohol and my mates

besides, as a drinking buddy once said "true church should make the blind get up and walk, and the lame keep telling their terrible stories"

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 12 Sep 2006, 05:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

You would first have to assume that the KJB even says what your godly Jesus said.

Greek to english: I'm telling you mate, I read a book that went through the Gospels and went "putting a candle under a bed? Wouldn't that set the BED ON FIRE? It must have said xxxx, and been mistranslated because ___ looks like ___...".

Welcome to the jungle. We've got fun and games.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:50   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I'm pretty sure indoctrination is against forum rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 12 Sep 2006, 08:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Welcome.

How ironic. This thread has been classed as "religious advertising" and yet there's a God Loves You ad at the bottom of the page at my time of posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The All-father
A horror! HOOORRRROOOOORRRR!
Old 12 Sep 2006, 09:30   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

After seeing the harm religion is doing to the planet, I'll happily stay atheist and risk hell.

This isn't really the place for sermons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 10:22   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think Bart is just advertising, but I'll try to scrape a discussion out of the rubbish.

It kind of implies that athiesm is to not care about life, while thiesm must think deeply about it.

I often find this to be the complete opposite, thiests 'know' this is a rehearsal, they 'know' that if they die so what- as long as they've convinced themselves God Loves Them they can do what they want- even kill...

Athiesm on the other hand 'know' this is it- no friggin rehearsal. So you'd better get it right.

As an athiest I have a win-win situation- either I'm right and there's nothing after death, literally oblivion (think about the concept it's not so easy to understand).

Or I'm wrong, and I'm in Hell for having not given the woefully insecure God enough attention....which is better than oblivion.

Sorry I just can't take religion seriously. Take the Spaghetti Monster- he exists and he affects our lives spiritually, you can't prove he doesn't exist, so he must.
Old 12 Sep 2006, 10:53   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I've never liked the theistic concepts myself. I've seen too much to believe in God. If he does exist, he's a verminous scumbag unworthy of anything but scorn. He was never there when I needed him, my prayers always went unanswered. Any god that allows the good, honest and innocent to suffer as much as they do in this world is worse than any Devil.

As such, I take the logical standpoint. If there is no god, then what we do in the here and now is what counts, and we should live our lives well.

If god does exist, and he is worth believing in, he would judge us by how we lived our lives, the sacrifices we made for others, and not who we give lipservice too.

If god does exist, and all he send all non-believers to Hell, he wasn't worth following in the first place, and I'll march with Satan to tear down his gates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 12 Sep 2006, 11:26   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer

As such, I take the logical standpoint. If there is no god, then what we do in the here and now is what counts, and we should live our lives well.

If god does exist, and he is worth believing in, he would judge us by how we lived our lives, the sacrifices we made for others, and not who we give lipservice too.

If god does exist, and all he send all non-believers to Hell, he wasn't worth following in the first place, and I'll march with Satan to tear down his gates.
Damn wargamer, since i normaly disagree with what you write seeing you wirte down what is essentialy my standpint is scary

Edit: Just to add something to this debate.

Now the bible dose tell us alot of things.....but then so dose a 2 year olds fantasy story book, there is no way you can prove the bible is true. If you say the bible is true because its god's word thats a logical flalicy because in order for the bible to be true you are depending on the fact that god is also real. Which incidently you also cant prove.
Closed Thread