Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

so 2 faced its bull
Closed Thread
Old 29 May 2006, 22:24   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin
Default so 2 faced its bull

its anoying that in the part of england where i live i have to be as two faced as hell, when warhammer gets involved, kais'll tell you (as he goes to the same school as me) that doing warhammer is being labbeled a geek even the geeks think its geeky so i have to be as two faced as hell, as we walk thorugh town and go by the local GW i shout at them alongside my 'freinds' at people who i called my freinds a couple of days before, what do i do???
Old 29 May 2006, 22:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: so 2 faced its bull

Well, if people are really your friends, would they be mad at you because you play warhammer? Because if they do get mad or leave you out because you play Warhammer-are they really your friends?
Old 29 May 2006, 22:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Anberlin

you honestly don't have a clue how much i've thought on that, they wouldn't be mad they'd just take the pi$$ endlessly all the time and not stop
Old 29 May 2006, 22:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Anberlin, you gotta get a backbone. You really need to pick a side, not hang out with the "geeks" when you will fit in, then turn around and mock them once you are not with a group that supports warhammer.

I hungout with the geeks in highschool, and at the same time hungout with "popular" girls and people that didn't really like anything geeky, but I never mocked either of them seeing as they were my friends

I think that being 2 faced is only going to lead you to having few friends once they pickup on it.
Old 29 May 2006, 23:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via ICQ to Earring Send a message via AIM to Earring Send a message via MSN to Earring Send a message via Yahoo to Earring

IMO screw them...if they are gonna bug you about it, than they are not your real friends. If you tell them you play, and they pick on you, and you tell them not too, than you need to find you some better friends...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonely Tau
Earring, interesting, random, occasionally intellectual and able to give me a good thought when i have a problem (which i have too many of) :P
Old 29 May 2006, 23:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'll second that earring....who needs enemies when you have friends like that...

Besides...look at all the friends you can make here ;D, or for that matter at a games group.

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from you kids!
Old 29 May 2006, 23:45   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Agreed, again - next time your 'friends' laugh at your 'other' friends at the GW, walk over and start talking about the values of AP vs. Dakka in a mechanized army. If someone offhandedly mocks you for your hobby, they're not a friend, they're waiting in line for admission to the seventh layer of hell.
Old 30 May 2006, 00:00   #8 (permalink)
lonely tau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
Agreed, again - next time your 'friends' laugh at your 'other' friends at the GW, walk over and start talking about the values of AP vs. Dakka in a mechanized army. If someone offhandedly mocks you for your hobby, they're not a friend, they're waiting in line for admission to the seventh layer of hell.
he he that sounds like me (being the guy discussing) but nobody messes with me about it because if i want i can snap them like a twig (ah i love being the biggest person around )

Old 30 May 2006, 00:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

this is odd because i do this as well but i have tried to stop, just isn't working.

Old 30 May 2006, 01:26   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I would suggest saying as little as possible. Up until college, it can be fairly difficult to fit in with everyone you want to. The plain truth is that many otherwise great people have a tendency to be social animals. The next time you walk by the GW, say nothing. Or just say hi to the people there, and offer no explanation. If people question you, be honest. If they try to make fun of you for it, just stay serious and dodge the joke. Don't get defensive, whatever you do. People don't like being brushed off by someone they are trying to mock. This makes it an extremely effective way to deal with the situation. When it comes down to it, being a "geek" is less about what your hobbies are, and more about how you let others react to it. If you present a calm, serious demeanor towards someone making fun of your hobbies, you will very quickly make them aware how little they know about the hobby. Just tell them that it is fun. You don't have to explain yourself any more than that.
Closed Thread