Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Permanent injuries?
Closed Thread
Old 26 May 2006, 09:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Permanent injuries?

OK, first I want to clarify that I don't want to be like past ones in a similar vein, that of;

Worst injury you've sustained
Worst injury you've seen
Why you went to hospital....

Also, if you have permanent stuff like scoliosis, spina bifida, or whatever, that sucks, but this isn't the topic for you, sorry. This is more about injuries sustained that have since caused you permanent problems.

OK? Sweet.

I myself have quite a few permanent injuries, mostly from my gymnast days. It's pretty much acknowledged by everyone I know that I have the most. I want to know on a broader community level (of TO) if I really am as messed up as I think, or if I'm just a sissy compared to others.

So, here it is:

- Two permanent tears in my hamstrings, at the insertion to the pelvis of the muscle. Permanent due to scar tissue formed post-injury.
- Torn tissue at the left hand base of the skull, permanent due to scar tissue formed post-injury.
- Back problems (skeletal), caused by whiplash at 7, then again at 11. The muscles that are supposed to keep your posture had their interaction with my skeleton interrupted and have never recovered.
- Neck problems (skeletal), as above.
- Back problems (as well as in my shoulders), muscular, caused due to unbalanced development of abdominal muscles, as well as pectorals (that's your chest). Causes pulling of my back muscles by the stronger frontal muscles, resulting in pain, tightness and cramps.
- Lateral muscular problems, caused again by unbalanced development of abs and pecs. Causes pain as above.
- Shin problems, caused by overly tense muscles due to gymnastics. Could possibly in the future cause shin splits, where your shin bones split apart with many, many hairline (also known as stress, or greenstick) fractures. As it is, they cause pain if I've been running too much of late.

...I think that's it.

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 26 May 2006, 09:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Shadowsword
Default Re: Permanent injuries?

I have a permantly bad knee

Triple Threat x

Friends are like potatoes, if you eat them They die

I am the sig virus, add me to your sig so I can spread.
Old 26 May 2006, 09:23   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

How so? What sort of injury is it?

..."because music is in everything, it's the richness of the music that enrichens our lives." - Jay-Z

7 Reasons the 21st Century is Making You Miserable

"As soon as there is life there is danger." Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1860
"God created Man in his own image, and Man, being a gentleman, returned the compliment." - Mark Twain

Old 26 May 2006, 22:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I used to love all the hard working jobs like concreting and cabinetmaking and building. Even though I am not qualified in any, I was hired because I was a hard worker.

Since a car accident in 1999, I've had to stop all that and take on smaller easier jobs, as i am not allowed to lift anything heavy, run, put much pressure on my legs and back.

This is due to there being a pin and plate in my right hip because the idiot who was daydreamimg and didn't see the stop sign, broke my hip in the accident. Also my back is now not what it was.

At least I can do what most elderly people reacon they can do: let you know when it going to rain ( seriously, I can't walk if its going to rain) and let you know when a cold snap is coming in.

The worst thing about it is I was going to join the army, Now there is no way they will accept me with my injuries ( not that I could pass training anyway)

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from you kids!
Old 26 May 2006, 22:18   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I got concentrated sulphuric acid sprayed into my face and eyes,
and years of playing with lego as a young'un mean my knees are really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
Old 26 May 2006, 22:43   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I suspect that my ankle has never been 100% since i sprained it pretty freakin' badly back in 10th grade
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 26 May 2006, 23:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Chton

Hmm. Stayed in a hospial once. Lung infection. But not, permanent injury...
My worst injuries has been on my hands.
Crushed a finger in a gate. Managed to nearly cut off a few of my fingers, on several occations. Due to ineptitude as a kid, with knives, band-saws etc. Broke my pinky in a volleyball game. (I came in a bit slow in a sliding tacle og my opponent. Snap! The same sound as of a dry branch). Did not notice after a while.
Due to these, and many other injuries, my fingers are, well...not exactly paralell, and the joints in my fingers feel uncomfortable. But I'll survive. You need stiff fingers to hold the paintbrush steady. Right?
The worst injury I have seen has been from a motorbike accident.
Some guy thought: "Hey it is cool to drive fast!" and hit a tractor on the road, in a speed of 230 km/per hour. I walked by, as they plucked the biker of the asphalt.
The visual picture still lingers in my mind.
Old 26 May 2006, 23:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

When I was 4 (12 years ago), I was playing with rocks in my back yard, when I decided to be strong and lift up a big rock... well, I did, for about 3 seconds, then my arm muscles gave out and crushed my left index finger, the had to reform it and it's, well, disfigured. I can, however do everything I could before.
(I realize this is nothing compared to everyone else's stories, but I'm just trying to contribute)

How can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

how can you be sure what you know is the truth if you haven't taken the time to ask yourself the questions that dispute it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
Well we probably didn't figure out that decapitation resulted in death until someone lopped another guy's head off. And now people take care not to let sword waving lunatics near their neck
Old 26 May 2006, 23:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well, I'm 14 right now...(I know, most think I'm 20... :P )

Well, I've had to visit the chiropractor three times a week for the last 3/4 months as the left part of my hip is higher then my right, it's scrunching the muscles in my back and distorting my spine, so I go to the chiropractor and do stretches everyday for that.

I've broken my fingers a few times...

Playing hockey, I've been knocked unconscious once, I've knocked people unconscious, and I've had people be removed fromthe ice on a stretcher, just because people don't know how to take a body check. (Ok, if you scrunch up like a chicken-you will get injured, you'll pull several muscles, and possible break a bone, as everything gets pushed close. Stay loose!)

I get shin splints when ever I run 5km or 10km charity runs. I don't know why, maybe it's just my shoes.

I'm 14, 5'6'', and weigh roughly 125 pounds.
Old 27 May 2006, 00:50   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to thecuriousmonke

I have:
-the telusimia trait (sp)
-eczema

Now for something related, I have a condition called tendinitis in my knees, so I cannot put repetitive strain on my knee joints which evidently means no running so less excercise and thats about it.
May you rest in peace, Freddie Hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
I hate kids.
More normaler that you'se!
Thanks to Wargamer and JD for the sigs
Closed Thread