Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Battle of the 'toons.
View Poll Results: What's the best adult-humored 'toon?
Amerian Dad... 1 3.85%
Family Guy... 15 57.69%
The Simpsons... 5 19.23%
Drawn Together... 1 3.85%
Southpark... 3 11.54%
Other... 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Battle of the 'toons.

Oh, you know this will be fun.

-Jason.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent
Default Re: Battle of the 'toons.

Havnt seen American Dad, Drawn Together was... different and the others were good. So I'm with family guy.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Commander Cool

I'll say Family guy, because it's less offensive to those who arn't a big fan of 'potty jokes', by that I mean sexual refrences as compared to the others.

I'll say Family Guy.
Old 24 Jan 2006, 23:59   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Faaaamily Guuuuuy.

Simpsons is overrated.

Drawn Together is... interesting.

American Dad is supposed to be good, but I haven't seen it.

I've grown tired of South Park.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 00:06   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

oops...accidentally voted for simpsons. I meant to vote for Family Guy. I own the first 3 seasons.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 00:20   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Rodent

I own the first 3 seasons as well, and am getting the movie on Friday.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 01:01   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

American Dad is for those who have already seen Family Guy, its good but not monumental.

Simpsons just sucks these days. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch a new ep of simpsons. The old eps prolly were on par in funniness to Family Guy though...

Drawn together is just so crap, I hate it, its just so very very bad....

Southpark is great, but it sends across some political messages i severely dislike, I'd rather they just stay out of it like Family Guy does.

Another I would have included is Futurama, which IMO is far better than American Dad, Simpsons and Drawn Together. Its second only to South Park and Family Guy.

But eventually my vote is for Family Guy.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Old 25 Jan 2006, 01:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

Bah, Simpsons takes the prize. It's classic. I haven't seen more recent stuff due to the fact that I don't watch TV and therefore all of my Simpsons experience has been with boxed sets and whatnot. I detest Family Guy with the same deep and utter hatred I reserve for fundamentalists, hypocrites, babies, idiots, and people who think one type of music is better than another. Believe me, when I'm in charge of this universe, all of the above will be mercilessly swept away.

To those of you who would say "but if you don't watch TV then how do you know that Family Guy sucks lol" my reply is that my sister watches it every Saturday and I was forced to witness several horrific boxed sets. Sure, it's funny sometimes, but I really don't feel the need to wade through a half-hour of unfunny, obnoxious sh*t to get to the one funny joke.

Hmph, now you people have gotten me all angry. If anyone needs me I'll be outside pushing old ladies into traffic and eating babies.

- MtR :: DM

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 25 Jan 2006, 02:35   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

South Park and American Dad are both *GREAT*, not only do they have lots of satirical and really filthy humour but they constantly take the piss out of the establishment, and that's a good thing. 'Don't like political/rude humour' - bah! Some of you kids just don't know you're born, do ya?

But, the Simpsons and Family Guy are hilarious for surreal stupidity too.

I'd put Futurama up in that bunch as well, I think it's actually funnier than the Simpsons.

Overall though, I like them all just about equally, for different reasons.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 25 Jan 2006, 03:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Darkest mind, have you seen the new simpsons?

They're just so bad, it literally destroys your past if you've had good experiences with the Simpsons. Everytime I watch the simpsons, its akin to say...walking in on Little Red Riding Hood having sex with Pinochio...

And also, don't knock Family Guy/American Dad (I put them both here cos they're created by the same ppls, its like the only cartoon on TV these days most ppls consider worth watching (and by ppls I mean in the above 14 none retarded catergory)...esp after they axed Futurama...

So unfortunately, if you ever become in charge of the universe, I'd have to lead a rebellion against you just to bring Family Guy back on.

And Lomendil, i don't really mind political humor because it can still be funny. But I think it would be funnier if they just stayed out of politics all together.

Rude humor i have nothing against, just not my cup of tea.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Closed Thread