Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Superbowl Finals!!!
View Poll Results: Who Will Win the Superbowl XL?
Seattle Seahawks 3 33.33%
Pittsburg Steelers 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 23 Jan 2006, 03:18   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef
Default Superbowl Finals!!!

Well... its been a long run this year. Unfortunatly my Broncos did not make it . Anyway There are a few things to consider before choosing who will win.

Steelers-

Offense: Ben Rothlessburger has played near perfect in everyway. He has thrown plenty of touchdowns and has ran in a few to boot. He can lead a team from behind and can ride a lead. Rushing O has been decent in the playoffs. Normally this is where they accell. I Say they have a pretty good offense. (Prowbowl Players are Jeff Hartings, C; Alan Faneca, LG)

Defense: Wow... truly...wow! 3-4 defence with a blitz comming every play. Troy Palomalu can and does play anywhere and everywhere on the field. He will stop the run and the pass. The 3 down linemen can get it dome by themselves... but will have no problem with the help of Joey Porter and Co. backing them up! (Defense Probowl Players are Troy Palomalu, SS; Joey Porter, LB)

Pass...B+
Run...B+
Line...B
DLine...B+
LB...A
Secondary...A-
Special...B+

Seahawks-

Offense: Matt Hasselback learned his stuff from one of NFLs greatest. Brett Farve. It really shows as Hasselback can throw sucsessfully to any reciver. Shawn Alexander is the NFLs MVP of the year. He had 1880 rushing yards and set a new record for rushing TDs... 28! It shows as 5 of the Hawks players will be starting in the Probowl (Shawn Alexander, RB; Mack Strong, FB; Matt Hasselback, QB; Steve Hutchenson, LG; Walter Jones, LT... all on offense) The Hawks definatly have the edge on the offense.

Defense: This defense has been highly underrated all year. They are good... but not great. In the playoffs they really have stepped it up quite a bit though. There run defense is good... pass defence... ok.

Pass...A
Run...A+
Line...A
DLine...B-
LB...B
Secondary...B
Special...B
Old 23 Jan 2006, 04:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411
Default Re: Superbowl Finals!!!

Wow i didn't know anybody liked the NFL on TO!

Well my pick would have to be Steelers even though they beat my favorite AFC team, the Bengals ( Carson Palmer please come back better :-[). My favorite NFC and overall team, the packers, didn't even make it to the playoffs. My only reason for rooting for the steelers right now is because Jerome Bettis deserves a superbowl ring because he's a great player and he's going to retire after this year.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 23 Jan 2006, 06:15   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Spock411
Wow i didn't know anybody liked the NFL on TO!

Well my pick would have to be Steelers even though they beat my favorite AFC team, the Bengals ( Carson Palmer please come back better :-[). My favorite NFC and overall team, the packers, didn't even make it to the playoffs. My only reason for rooting for the steelers right now is because Jerome Bettis deserves a superbowl ring because he's a great player and he's going to retire after this year.

ya, the bus definately deserves a ring. Plus i think that the steelers will give hasselbeck a harder time then carolina did on defence. Also the steelers are good at stopping the run with all those good lbs and safeties. I think the steelers will win the superbowl.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 16:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

SEA HAWKS RULE!!!!!!!!! O0

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 23 Jan 2006, 19:44   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I could care less about football, but it's gonna suck arse when the traffic is so bad you can not drive around here. (I'm within spitting distance of the stadium.)

-Jason.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 20:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd have to say the Seahawks. Pittsburg may have the Bus and Rothlessburger, but us Pats have pounded them in the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years, so I'd say Seattle will win this one, and I bet 10 cents that they would win so they'd better win. It will be close though, especially since both teams are excellent.

BTW, I'm still enraged about that crooked, biased ref that made the Patriots lose.

A fantastic sig by Kais.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Enge(spc)
And there we have it. Gentlemen, we give you Black Behemoth, future Supreme Overlord of Earth.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 20:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

i cant belive broncos did that poorly!!
i wish they won.
but i will have to go with my home town pittsburgh!
hope the bus gets a ring. sea hawks are going no where

Old 23 Jan 2006, 22:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to freaky_beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commissar Black Behemoth
BTW, I'm still enraged about that crooked, biased ref that made the Patriots lose.
It wasnt just that call. The Patriots lost by 14 pts. Had the ref made the right call, Broncos would have won anyway!

Steelers are looking very very good. Nocking of the 1st Seed (Colts), 2nd Seed (Broncos) and 3rd Seed (Bengals) in the AFC. They are the 2nd in history to do that. They are the very first to be a 6th seed and make it to the Superbowl. Thats impressive!

I pick the Seahawks on this one because:

1. Shaun Alexander is the MVP... if he gets the ball... he will chew up the yards. There is no stopping Shaun!
2. Matt Hasselback plays like one of NFLs greatest QBs. His recivers are pretty good... but not outstanding. However, Matt Hasselbacks intelegince for football, patience in the pocket and ability to throw on the run is one of the best that I can think of!
3. I cannot think of a better Offensive line in the NFL. Seahawks line is great at running at passing! Walter Jones on the left can take care of any pesky end in the game!
4. Lets take a look at the Probowlers this year from the Hawks. Shawn Alexander, RB; Mack Strong, FB; Matt Hasselback, QB; Steve Hutchenson, LG; Walter Jones, LT. I dont know If you guys noticed this the first time I posted... but thoes guys are all involved in the running game to the left side. Not to mention that all 5 of those guys will be STARTING in the probowl. That means they are the best that the NFC has to offer!
5. Mike Holgrom is an offensive mastermind. He always finds a way to be sucsessful on offense. It took him 3 years to make a great team.. but they are great now! (He coached Greenbay when they won their last superbowl).
6. Underdogs can be very sneaky... you got to watch out!
7. Seahawks can adjust better at half time than any other team in the NFL. They can come from behind and win a ball game!

This is on a side note... Seahawks have never made it to the Superbowl since they entered the league in 76.
Old 23 Jan 2006, 22:26   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

Quote:
This is on a side note... Seahawks have never made it to the Superbowl since they entered the league in 76.
Until now...

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 23 Jan 2006, 22:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

4. Lets take a look at the Probowlers this year from the Hawks.

probowlers dont decide the game.

the passing game shouldn't be a big problem for the steelers and they can probably stop the run. plus the seahawks just dont look so great.
though it looks as if now even if the hawks stop the running game burger can still pass. i think the best way to beat the steelers is cut down the running game and stop e'm on the opening drive. the last times they scored first they won.

go stilrs

Closed Thread