Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Emperor's Childrean and Metal
Closed Thread
Old 21 Jan 2006, 14:08   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Emperor's Childrean and Metal

Well as all the people who owns Chaos know, Emperor's children are 'turned' on by very loud and very discordant sounds. The louder and more discordent it is, the more 'turned ' on they are. And thus they are turned on by the sounds of war and tortured people screams.

So the interesting question is do they listen to metal when they are not in combat( provided that they don't have any people to torture)? And do they have metal bands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 21 Jan 2006, 14:50   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Emperor's Childrean and Metal

I always imagined the Emps Children listening to music that sounds rather like Death and Thrash Metal.

Not most other types though as most Metal really isn't all that discordant.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 04:18   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I can really picture the Slaneeshi's rocking out to Deadly Sinners... ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 22 Jan 2006, 04:22   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Slayer, Dimmu Borgir.

That's what I would rock out to if I was a Slaaneshi bondage freak. Old slayer though, Angel of Death. None of this new stuff.

> >
Old 22 Jan 2006, 04:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I always take an old-school Moorcockian view of Chaos in 40k, so I imagine that Noise Marine music would be literally mind-blowing, and not even the most twisted of modern metal or hard dance music would compare. You'd have music with the impact of an artillery barrage and the intricate complexity of the craziest fractal image you can imagine, all managing to be both sublime and shocking at the same time. Lots of atonals and pounding beats too, I'd guess. I reckon a Noise Marine would yawn at all Earth music.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 22 Jan 2006, 04:46   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think they would be all about the Black Metal. Old Mans Child, Cradle Of Filth (Old), Witchery, Deicide , and so on and so forth. All the "hardcore" and "blasphemous" music they can listen to in a lifetime.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 05:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You have to remember that these aren't just disgruntled teenagers and crazy Scandinavians rebelling against sedate suburbia. We're talking about genetically engineered human warriors with augmented hearing, who are dedicated to a God that embodies striving for the most extreme sensations possible. These dudes have been fighting wars for millenia, so ask yourself which is more extreme: Black Metal, or battlefield munitions exploding everywhere while tanks rumble around and people scream as they are killed or wounded? That's not even mentioning the deranged Daemons they'd have cavorted with down the years. To match those experiences, their music would have to be so insane and shocking that even the most obscene Black Metal would by comparison sound like a merry little Christmas Carol sung by pixies on valium.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 22 Jan 2006, 05:21   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Yea, they'd probably make A.C. sound like children's music. That's the most obscene band I can think of. But there may be worse out there.

(if you don't know A.C., don't ask. Not gonna explain it here)

Anyone heard of Nial? Black Metal band out of Tennessee or something. Very interesting sound.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 06:33   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomendil
I always take an old-school Moorcockian view of Chaos in 40k, so I imagine that Noise Marine music would be literally mind-blowing, and not even the most twisted of modern metal or hard dance music would compare. You'd have music with the impact of an artillery barrage and the intricate complexity of the craziest fractal image you can imagine, all managing to be both sublime and shocking at the same time. Lots of atonals and pounding beats too, I'd guess. I reckon a Noise Marine would yawn at all Earth music.
I'll like a piece of that even i means that I'll be deaf forever after that.:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
Old 22 Jan 2006, 08:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Maybe they listen to psycho billy?

hehe.....the thought of emperor's children dancing around to "Legendary Stardust Cowboys" is highly comical....

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
Closed Thread