Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New codex: Hippies
Old 08 Jan 2006, 06:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default New codex: Hippies

I am creating a new codex about hippies. Could I have some suggestions about the army list please? I have already got some like:

HQ:

Peace protest leader

stats: I havent thought up any yet. Point value: also havnt thought up one yet.(could use some suggestions)

Special Rules: Can take as many items as he wants from the Hippie armoury.And can also take 2 powers off the hippie Psychic power sheet.

Weaponsrotest board(counts as a power weapon) and the peace flower. Can also take weapons from Hippie Armoury.

Hippie Armoury:
Protest boards
peace flowers ranged weapon

Hippie psychic powers: The Mindless Chant. Can bore oppenents into submission

The Peace power can make enemy squads pause and think about the possibilities of peace so they cannot move or shoot anyone or charge anyone that turn.

Hell no we wont go: strengthens the Ld of all friendly unis in 24 inches by 3

Could u please give me more ideas for it please? O0

Who can tell you what is right and wrong

No-one!

Except Jesus, Santa Claus, The Lone Ranger, Batman and occasionaly the Easter Bunny. (But only on his good days)
nightbringer of doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2006, 06:51   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae
Default Re: New codex: Hippies

I hereby summon a mod to move this thread to creations.

no offense, Nightbringer o' doom, but this isn't the place for this.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2006, 15:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: Florida, USA, Earth, Sola segumuntum, third arm of spiral milky way galaxy, the universe.

Heavy support:

Potsmokers. csot:?

A potsmoker unit cosnists of 6 hippies in 3 teams of two.

each team is armed with ? and operates a pot-pot.

the pot-pot
s4 ap-
Ordandce 48'' large blast

Any enemy unit wounded with the pot-pot must roll a d6.
1-4 nothign happens: they go throught teh drug-smoke normaly.
5-They take a ld check at -2 plus other modifiers: if they fail they shoot a -1 Bs move at half spped.
6-move 2d6'' =scatter no shooting.

Khanaris: Rocks and pointy sticks are inexpensive, easy to maintain, and require little training, and almost never malfunction. That hardly makes them a perfect weapon.

"I know not what world war three will be founght with, but world war four with be fought with sticks and stones."
SqurielLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2006, 18:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to MechTau

Fast attack: Hippie Wagon

Front: 11

Sides: 10

Back: 11

Fast Tank.

Options:

Glaring Pathjob - 20 points - All morale checks caused by Tank shock are at a -2 modifier. Also, increase hippie leadership for all hippie units within LoS by 1+.

Long Hair: The crew has grown their hair several yards long. Hippie wagon always counts as being obscured. Costs 10 points.

Reckless Driving: Before Tank shocking a vehicle, roll a D6. On a 1, Immobilize the hippie wagon. 2-5, continue Tank Shock as usual. On a 6, the Hippie crew concertrates opn crushing the enemy. A failed morale check due to Tank Shock destroys the unit.

Open invitation to all: Send me a pm, and I'll be have a look at your army list.
[url=http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=11198.0]Crisis Suit Theory, Army Composition, and why Fireknives suck - You've got to read this classic by T0nka
MechTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jan 2006, 19:18   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

Heavy support: Armored car Hotbox.

Front:13
sides:12
rear:11

Mounted watercannon shoots boiling bongwater, uses flamer template. Same stats as heavy flamer. On a successful wound with no save, the entire enemy unit must take a morale test or is pinned, due to the psychadelic effects of accidentally drinking the water.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2006, 00:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Hippy Psychic Powers:
Drug trip-
during the shooting phase, you may use this ability as a weapon with the following stats:
range 24" AP5
unlike other powers, this inflicts no damage. However, if the trip wounds an enemy, roll a d6. The unit hit by the power will be affected by the effect of the table:

1 Mild- unit must make a leadership check at -1 for every 2 troop choices the hippy army has. If they fail, they have their movement rolls halved (as the trip is affecting them)

2 Not Mild- unit must make a leadership check at -1 for every 2 troop choices the hippy army has. If they fail, they have their movement rolls halved, and gain -1 BS

3 That's starting to hurt- unit must make a leadership check at -1 for every 2 troop choices the hippy army has. If they fail, they have their movement rolls halved and they gain -1BS and WS

4 Oooh... My head hurts- unit must make a leadership check at -1 for every 2 troop choices the hippy army has. If they fail, they have their movement rolls halved

5 Meltdown- unit must make a leadership check at -1 for every 2 troop choices the hippy army has. If they fail, they have their movement rolls halved and may not use any weapons for the next round

6 *pop* (sound of brain abandoning head)- Unit must make a leadership check at -1 Ld. If they fail, they immediately lose all movement for the next turn, and their shooting range is 1/2 with -1BS.

After the effect has been applied, divide the number rolled by 1/2 (round fractions down). The hippy Psy guy using this may not do anything for that many rounds (attacking, moving, psy, CC, etc.) but he is also affected by leadership affects (demon's fear, etc.) If he is forced to run, the first chance he gets, (if he is still allive and smoking,) he will run or do what he's supposed to.

And the other power for the day...
Mental Drug-
The hippy Psy guy will replicate the effect of one of the following types of drugs. However, since it is more likely than not that the Hippy is already tanked up on Drugs before the battle, roll a d6. This affect happens for 2 turns after this one

1 Pot- the hippy becomes fearless
2 LSD- the hippy gains a +2 vs Perils of the warp rolls for the next 2 turns
3 Heroin- the Hippy gains Fleet of foot. On every turn you use fleet of foot, make a Ld. Check; if you fail, the Hippy gets a wound (Overdose)
4 PCP- The hippy believes that he can fly (as imperial jetpacks), see like an eagle (+2BS), or be an animal (+1WS, +1S)
5 Crystal Meth- The hippy enters a dreamlike state, where he is near invulnerable. Every time the hippy is shot at, he rolls a Leadership save. The leadership save gets a modifier equal to 1/2 the weapon's S, rounded down fractions. Should he fail he takes the wound (if the double S vs. T rule comes into play, it takes place after the Ld. save). The AP of the weapon determines how many dice the Hippy rolls (the enemy chooses which 2 dice are added together. AP1,2 roll 4 dice. AP 3,4 Roll 3 Dice. AP 5,6 Roll 2 Dice.
Ex= a lascannon fires at a Ld 10 hippy and hits. The hippy must make a leadership save at Ld 6. The player rolls a 5, 4, 6, 1. The enemy chooses the 5 and 6 (11) for the Ld. Ck. The Hippy then goes splat and takes a wound (if it has >4 T it dies instantly.)
6 Overdose- The Hippy explodes (way too many drugs.) Put a ord blast marker centered on top of him. Everything within the radius takes a 2S 1AP hit (as the insides of the hippy are caustic to open skin, but it is unlikely that the hippy flesh will get that far).
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jan 2006, 04:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i have thought up the stats for the Peace protest leader

WS BS S T W I Ld
peace protest leader 4 3 4 4 2 3 7

Peace Flower: Shoots a hail of drugged up syringes at the enemy
Range: 24 Str:4 AP:6 Rapid Fire

The peace flower also has the special rule Gets Drugged up which is just like the Gets Hot rule except insteading of scoring a wound it just makes the hippies Inititive go down to 1 for a Turn.

No-one!

Except Jesus, Santa Claus, The Lone Ranger, Batman and occasionaly the Easter Bunny. (But only on his good days)
Old 09 Jan 2006, 09:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

if you look on the main page we already have a TAU board thank you

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
cl.ryan sg-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jan 2006, 07:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I've got another idea-Hippie Space Marines

Hippie Marine stats-same stats as normal marine

Can take 100 points worth of things out of the Hippie Armory

Special Rules

Drug Marines: The Hippie Marines can take drugs at the start of the turn they role d6

1. Psychadeliac.Every thing appears swirly for the hippie Marine. He acts under Night Fighting special rule for a turn.

2.Hypo.The Hippie Marine becomes Hyperactive for the rest of the game. Every time he is in close combat his attacks double but every time he attacks roll a dice. on a 1 he attacks his own people or even himself.

3.Zoned Out.The Hippie Marine does nothing that turn he cant even fight in assualt.

4.Drug Librarian. The drug transforms him physically and mentally into a psyker. He has the same stats as Space Marine Librarian, he can pick two spells from the Space Marine List of psychic abilities. he also gets two spells from the Hippie Codex.This drug only lasts a turn.

5.Super drugs. this drug makes the hippie marine's stats go up by 2 for a turn.

6.Chaos drugs.The Hippie Marine has taken so many drugs that his drug inhanced mind creates a huge Warp signature,and the marine is attacked by Warp predators. The hippie marine dies and all units within 24 inches are hit by a str 4 blast.All units units within 24 inches also have to take a Ld roll because the sight of the hippie marine being consumed from within is truly a scary sight.

No-one!

Old 11 Jan 2006, 12:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbringer of doom
I've got another idea-Hippie Space Marines
Uh... Slannesh anyone?

Besides, from what I can tell so fer, Hippy are going to be like a cross between IG and Eldar: Lots of infantry, and psychic powers (lots of drugs)...
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote