Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I am becoming a bad member...
Closed Thread
Old 07 Jan 2006, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default I am becoming a bad member...

I hate to admit it, but its absolutely true.

I am quarrelsome, arguementitive, I agree only with myself, and I have a habit of making mods mad.

Recently, Spiritbw, Jack Bauer, and Redbeard, all had a right to be mad at me because I was being a bad member.

I have 2 questions:
1. Has anyone else noticed this in me or in them?
and...
2. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?

I love TO [the site, not the guy... ] and I like TO [The guy] and I really hope I can stay on this forum for as long as I play 40k.
The problem is, I am being troublesome in Serious Debate and discussion.

Someone please help!

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 07 Jan 2006, 21:39   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: I am becoming a bad member...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Cmdr. Stankov
I hate to admit it, but its absolutely true.

I am quarrelsome, arguementitive, I agree only with myself, and I have a habit of making mods mad.
Welcome to the club. :

Quote:
I have 2 questions:
1. Has anyone else noticed this in me or in them?
and...
2. Anyone have any suggestions to help me out?
I can't say I've noticed it... but the fact you know yourself things are going slightly off-track is a good sign.

Quote:
I love TO [the site, not the guy... ] and I like TO [The guy] and I really hope I can stay on this forum for as long as I play 40k.
The problem is, I am being troublesome in Serious Debate and discussion.

Someone please help!
Then just avoid that board. I know for a fact that sometimes you just want to argue with someone... the problem is that most people don't see the difference between arguing and flaming.

If it comes to it, I'm famous for fighting a position long after any sane person would have stopped, so if it's a fight you're after my PM box is always open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Old 07 Jan 2006, 21:56   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

If theres a fight, I'm in :P

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 07 Jan 2006, 23:41   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I feel like that occasionally. It helps to take a step back and have a drink (not too strong ) before replying to a hot post, or get a 'forum friendly' buddy to proof read posts before you make them if one is handy.

I have your alias on the top of my head for some reason, but I can't remember whether it is for a good/bad reason. ;D

What do you tend to argue about? If it's over 40k, try to get things into perspective, your blood pressure is more important than the reputation of your favorite unit/race.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 00:20   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Um... my alias?

Anyways, thank you Wargamer for your reassurance I'm not the only one

Rezzy:
I really argue about liberals and thier differing and what I tend to believe inhumane and warped views. Of course, theres some evidence right there I don't hate the people, I hate the ideas, like killing babies and giving money to drunks and drug addicts, or deciding honest Americans don't deserve the money they worked hard to earn and they give it to some worthlesss government project 'because they can'. Let me put it even better. The people are fine; the politicians make me want to bash thier face into a wall...

Anyways, now thats out of my system

Unfortunately, in America and 14, the strongest drink I can get is a few good gulps of my dad's beer at a venison dinner.

I'm sorry KJ, but no fight... but then again, we could arrange one...

[img width=650 height=288]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a99/GeneralStankov/finalcopy.jpg[/img]
Old 08 Jan 2006, 00:33   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Alias = Online name / Pseudo Identity
Old 08 Jan 2006, 00:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Commander Cool

I understand what you are going through, welcome to rank of arrogent. That is mostly the cause of you problems, and thus causes you to always think you're right. ( I've known you for so long, and it's true)

You have such strong beliefs, and want other people to do as you do. I know the feeling, it's like everytime you see someone arguing wrong facts, or just having obscure thoughts, that you want them to think normally.

I have this same problem, but you have to keep it under controll, and accept the fact that
A. You don't know everything.

B. Other people are entitled to opinions.

C. It might not be your place and time to argue this fact.

Another point being, that what people say may frustrate you to know end, when you know for a fact what you are saying is absolutely right, and the other, wrong. That is the same frustration I deal with, that causes me to 'Stop! Stop! (throws hand in to others face, with pen)' (Stankov knows what I'm talking about). You just have to lay back, and the let world keep turning.

Edit: I understand that the above may have been disorganized, and incomprehensible, but it is very hard to put this condition into words.
Old 08 Jan 2006, 00:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I say stay away from the board and leave it at that.
Don't worry about it too much, as from what I can see you have 2+ karma and no negative karma
Old 08 Jan 2006, 01:03   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

That's a good point.
No negative Karma = Don't worry too much (yet ).
Old 08 Jan 2006, 01:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I take that as a threat! [Oh no! (cowers in fear)]

Cmdr. Cool:
I know this all too well, especially the hand in face. No wonder everyone thinks you bad at arguing:
Me: I'm right, and you know it, you should donate to the Cancer Society
You: Shut up!

Anyways, no hard feelings!
I see what your saying, and, I must say, to be perfectly honest, I find there are few times when I am wrong. I suppose its the fact that if I am arguing with someone I know for a fact to be smarter/better, I unerringly accept thier statement to be true out of respect. Would you argue with God about how humans have no ears? Its a bad analogy, but it merely represents he knows what he's doing and you don't. I find myself in the have not position often, and I graciously accept the fact I can always learn. The bad part is, when I believe myself to be better, than I resort to bitter arrogance...

Thank you for your explanation; its better than [shoves hand with pen in face of Cmdr. Cool] Stop! Stop! Stop... Shut up!

Closed Thread