Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

spiritual guidance
Closed Thread
Old 14 Oct 2005, 19:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default spiritual guidance

greetings,
i am here to give you spritual advice and a "up-lift" if you will on any subject at all,
the sage,
bongo
any subject that bothers you or any crisis of faith

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 14 Oct 2005, 20:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: spiritual guidance

What sorts of subjects do you have in mind? Also, I am quite happy at the moment. Just be more specific about what it is you want to do, like give some examples.
Old 15 Oct 2005, 14:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

any thing that is bugging you at all
i am here to help

Praise be to the Omnissiah.url=http://www.pickle-green.com/egraphics/main.php?id=eggs][/url]
Old 16 Oct 2005, 07:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Well, there is one thing that bugs me.

We go through life living as best we can. We do what makes us happy, we do what needs to be done to survive, we try to make an impact on the world. We look for meaning in the simple things; love, work, hobbies, etc.

When we die, everything we did might as well have been nothing.... because we're dead! We aren't there to enjoy or experience any of what we have accomplished.
Not only that, but eventually all of our influence is destroyed by time. How far back can we name our ancestors? Usually, not very far. We certainly don't remember anywhere near most of them.

Eventually, time will destroy the human race, or turn us into something else entirely. Probably something we wouldn't be too happy with, as our morals and any future morals are vastly different.

So what's the point of living or doing anything if, when it's all said and done, nothing we do matters? That everything we do is destroyed, no matter how hard we struggle.

So, yeah, it bugs me. I'm still looking for meaning... some kind of loophole, some way around it, some new way of thinking.... I haven't come up with anything yet, except maybe heaven/hell, which preserve our actions for eternity.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 12:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

ah yes the old meaning of life/mortality qeustion,

if you wnat to approach it from a relious point of view then you will either live forever or be reincarnated which is also living forever,

if,however,you want a straight answer it is this;
when we die we are gone forever,we will be frogotten in time and we can never be reclaimed from times grasp,
that is the nature of all things,to come and to pass,to be rejoiced and to be forgotten.
we humans are curious creatures and because of this we seek answers more importantly an aswer to an unaswerable qeustion.
what does it mean? i dont know
does this sadden me?no because i am aware that only through an unqeunchable thirst for knowledge will humanity truly end.

in conclusion:

the only way to cope with it is not to think about then,just live for now.

i hope i have been of some help :-\

Old 16 Oct 2005, 13:00   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Hive Lord

My advice: Live life to the full. Enjoy everything you do. Make the most of every opportunity. Don't waste time- just do it.
As Bongo says, just live for now.

Do I follow this advice?
Nah, not really.
But I like to think I try. When I can be bothered. But mostly I just lie back at let the river of life take me where it wants me to go, using the currents for my own advantage, and only pondering occaisionly what lies beyond the banks that shield the great Unknown from my view.
Old 16 Oct 2005, 13:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i agree with you hive lord,
you must have some say but you should always think whats is best for you own spiritual welbeing,
not what is best for the future,
because life is not a plan its a random hand of cards,you never know when you will die so enjoy yourself now or you might wake up having had your life wasted by som e stupid plan that was supposed to make you happy

Old 16 Oct 2005, 15:59   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Kangaroo Joe

Jes jammed with this dude. Was so-so.....

Quote:
No love, it's GREAT Britain....the clue's in the name

Thanx to Kais for the sig
Old 16 Oct 2005, 16:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

what?

Old 17 Oct 2005, 06:08   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Living for the NOW is the only thing we can do. The past has already happened and the future hasn't happened yet. We only have THIS VERY MOMENT, nothing else.

But is there some higher reason for doing things that make you happy, other than the fact that you instinctively want to do them? No. I haven't found one, although I haven't ruled one out completely.

Doing what makes you happy is great. It's just that nothing has any meaning... So being happy has no point. Once you're dead, what you did in life no longer matters to you...