Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mafia game the sequel!(Game Over! ) (Crazed Man blew himself up with townie!)
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:05   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Mafia game the sequel!(Game Over! ) (Crazed Man blew himself up with townie!)

Well, I guess I will try to host a mafia game this time.

This time, I will change it a little and make it a little more bloody and more confusion thrown into the mix. This is the mafia that I have played in real-life before.

So basically we will have 16 players this time. But now here is the twist. There will be some new stuff (if you never heard of it) that you need to know.

Here are the factions and their roles.

Townies
The townies are thevictims of the mafia slaying, and thu must work together to lynch someone that they think are mafia.

There are also some specified roles within the townies; some of which are new in the TO mafia game.

Crazed Man: Whoever who plays this character can kill one person by himself. Basically he is the only townie that is allowed to kill someone without the need for majority vote. He may use his abilities before the beginning of the round and nominate (same way as mafia killing) a person that he wants to kill, however once he have used his abilities, he can not use it again the next turn. He may only use the ability again the following turn. He may override the no-lynch vote (provded that his vote somehow hits the no lynch dude).

Doctor: He is able to save a townie from the mafia or the crazed man. Basically the same role that he plays in every mafia game.

Mafia

The organized crime syndicate that will kill the townies one by one in order for them to rule the town. The Mafias must unite and kill a townies every turn. In this game there will be 4 mafias

As for the special rule that will be played in the game.... here they are;

1)No Lynch: Basically a person nominated will not be* killed (via lynching) for a turn. Once that person is nominated, he/she wcan not be nominated again to be saved via 'no lynch'rule. Not immune to Crazed man's power.

2)Wrath of God :This is an interesting one-use rule that I will assign to one random townie. This rule is special is because once a townie is given this power, he will have some sort of curse/protection on him. Whoever who kill the townie will also die (but only one kill though). This also works against an accusator, as when the townie dies as a result of a lynch, the one who puts the final vote will die.

This rule is not given to the mafia for obvious reasons. I will assign this abilities when the time comes.

So people, with the rules in place and the roles defined.....let the games begin!

PS: any questions?

Participants
AD
Hadfang
Ineluki
All-Father(replacing Firewarrior123)
Droids_rule
Paxaro
Methelas
BurntEskimo
Earring
Mavfreak
Freerunner
Khanaris (replacing 1shot1kill)
Famine
Az9
Ravager Zero
Tanarin

Edit: 1shot1kill had been replaced by Khanaris. And All-father will take Firewarrior 123's place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: MAFIA GAME THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Registra tion now open!)

Sign me up! I love the mafia games!

My Fanfiction.net account (warning - only Naruto fanfics at present): http://www.fanfiction.net/~subutaisghost
Automatic_Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:20   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang
Default Re: MAFIA GAME THE SEQUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Registra tion now open!)

I guess I shall join.

On the wrath of God though, Would it not be better, in a lynch situation to kill whoever placed the hammer vote. (By which I mean the person who cast the vote that kills the townie)?

Crazed man looks like a variation of the vigilantee, Does he kill at night or in day? If its in day I assuem that his kill will override the lynch that takes place yes?
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:29   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadhfang
On the wrath of God though, Would it not be better, in a lynch situation to kill whoever placed the hammer vote. (By which I mean the person who cast the vote that kills the townie)?
Well, now that I think of it......yeah it sonds better.

Changing the rules ASAP.

Quote:
Crazed man looks like a variation of the vigilantee, Does he kill at night or in day? If its in day I assuem that his kill will override the lynch that takes place yes?
Yes indeed, he is a variation of the vigilante.

His votes will be around the same time as the mafias, but the effect will only come later when the lynching is done. This is to simulate the mentality of the crazed man as he would not listen to the townies as he is keyed in on the target since the beginning.

So be prepared for turns where there will be two killings in the nex round.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:31   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

The "No Lynch" rule confuses me a little. Is it simply people choosing not to lynch someone, or is it the Doctor's ability, or what?

My Fanfiction.net account (warning - only Naruto fanfics at present): http://www.fanfiction.net/~subutaisghost
Automatic_Demise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 09:33   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD
The "No Lynch" rule confuses me a little. Is it simply people choosing not to lynch someone, or is it the Doctor's ability, or what?
basiclaly, one townie will say that there will be no lynching on dude X for that turn.

Sorry if I didn't phrase it properly. I have editted the thing for you guys to understand it better.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Hadhfang

Maybe it would be better to put the special rules as roles, so the no lynch would become a govenor, who can stop the lynch before it happens.

And it might be a good idea to make it so they can't stop the same person being lynched twice else you could get the mafia buddying up with someone and remaining protected indefinatley.
Hadhfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:16   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadhfang
Maybe it would be better to put the special rules as roles, so the no lynch would become a govenor, who can stop the lynch before it happens.

And it might be a good idea to make it so they can't stop the same person being lynched twice else you could get the mafia buddying up with someone and remaining protected indefinatley.
Well, that is interesting. I will think about it.

For the second part , its -precisely what I have in mind.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:27   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Can I join, can I join? I'll bring my own magnifying glass and Sherlock-hat (made it myself out of cardboard)...

'Bernard, do you think I should wash my beard?'
- 'Yes Manny, I think you should wash your beard, and shave it off, staple it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow.'

Me : Pulp Fiction? Please, this amount of blood, can best be compared with 'showdown at the house of blue leaves' in Kill Bill 1.
T-002 : Sweet Charles Dickens, that much? It was a man, you know, not a 15-gallon barrel of blood...
Ineluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jul 2007, 10:36   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
Can I join, can I join? I'll bring my own magnifying glass and Sherlock-hat (made it myself out of cardboard)...
Of course you can. After all we are finding more players.

I will patch you in.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT