Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000pt Hybrid tournament list needs some fine tunning
Old 17 Jun 2009, 22:58   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to kael8973
Default 2000pt Hybrid tournament list needs some fine tunning

Theres a tournament coming up at my local gaming club in 2 weeks! im trying to take my tried and true friendly gaming list and turn it into something tournament worthy. lots of speed, maneuverability, outflanking or infiltrating, and firepower to dominate the table.* ;D

HQ

Autarch-92pts
power weapon
mandiblasters
avenger catapult

my absolute favorite hq. he rides with either avenger squad to add his ability to the squad and make them twice as deadly in their chosen task

Farseer-168pts
mindwar
doom
fortune
runes of warding
spirit stone
singing spear

he stays away from the front lines and provides support with doom and fortune. i gave him mind war as a "just in case" power to deal with squad leaders and the like

Elites

6 fire dragons-96pts
* wave serpent-135pts
* t-l brightlance

bare bones dragons in a serpent. doesnt get much better than that. and who can say no to a twin linked bright lance?

8 striking scorpions-180pts
exarch
scorpion's claw
stalker
shadowstrike

either outflank or infiltrate in order to keep pace with the rest of the army and also provide some close combat power

Troops

10 dire avengers-162pts
exarch
power weapon and shimmer shield
defend
* ** wave serpent-115pts
* ** t-l scatter laser

10 dire avengers-152pts
exarch
dual shuriken catapults
bladestorm
* ** wave serpent-100pts
* ** t-l shuriken cannon

the autarch rides with either squad and improves either their shooting or close combat skill depending on which unit. The close combat avengers are a tarpit unit to hold on to objectives for dear life until support arrives

5 rangers-120pts
pathfinders

home objective holders that also control fire lanes across the board and give fire support

10 guardian defenders-125pts
scatterlaser platform
warlock
embolden

provide additional firesupport as they walk their way up the board to capture or contest objectives. fleet helps them keep up with the other units

Fast Attck

6 warp spiders-174pts
exarch
dual death spinners
powerblades
withdraw

my disruption unit. these guys constantly barrage the enemy with JSJ and also use their speed to quickly provide support wherever its needed

Heavy Support

fire prism-160pts
holofield
shuriken cannon upgrade

long range fire support, and also controls fire lanes across the board

Warwalker squadren-220pts
4 eldar missile launchers
2 starcannons

i outflank these guys and then rain down their incredible firepower on an unsuspecting unit. 4 krak missiles into the side or back armor of an unsuspecting vehicle isnt to bad either*

total: 1999pts

so is this list tourny worthy? if so how well do you think it will fare? The main armies i face at my local gaming club are mixed tau, green tide orks, mech space marines, nids, and more marines of various types.

please C&C, all advice is greatly appreciated

Old 24 Jun 2009, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: 2000pt Hybrid tournament list needs some fine tunning

[wind howling...] anyone ???....i could really use some advice with this list before the tournament next week...
Old 25 Jun 2009, 03:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Autarch Kaelmor,

It is not that you are being ignored, as of the time that I looked at this it had been viewed 39 times, it's that no one really has anything to add. The list seems solid, and your tactics seem sound. The only thing that i question at all is the decision to give your Autarch a Shuriken Catapult rather than a Fusion Gun. (This is a nice bit of versatility, and my Autarch is a clone of yours with this single difference...)

Go forth and conquer!
Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2009, 16:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon
It is not that you are being ignored, as of the time that I looked at this it had been viewed 39 times, it's that no one really has anything to add. The list seems solid, and your tactics seem sound. The only thing that i question at all is the decision to give your Autarch a Shuriken Catapult rather than a Fusion Gun. (This is a nice bit of versatility, and my Autarch is a clone of yours with this single difference...)

Go forth and conquer!
Ged
Thank you Ged ;D. At first i was worried about going into this tournament without any advice on this list. But now knowing that no one replied because my list and strategy are already solid gives me great confidence going in this weekend.

and the reason i give him a S-catapult is to take advantage of bladestorm exarch power. that and its dirt cheap ^-^

ill post how things went wensday night after everythings over. Thanks again!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 22:39   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autarch Kaelmor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged of Paragon

Go forth and conquer!
Ged
Thank you Ged ;D. At first i was worried about going into this tournament without any advice on this list. But now knowing that no one replied because my list and strategy are already solid gives me great confidence going in this weekend.

and the reason i give him a S-catapult is to take advantage of bladestorm exarch power. that and its dirt cheap ^-^

ill post how things went wensday night after everythings over. Thanks again!
-OK, just remember that he can bladestorm off of the pistol too...

Ged

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2009, 18:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Well things went relatively well at the tournament. i dominated my space marine and ork opponnets in the first couple rounds. However i did have a really tough time against the new imperial guard in the final rounds. but in the end my massed firepower proved to be effect and dropped guardsmen in droves.

My MVPs for the tournament turned out to be the warwalkers, whos outflanking resulted in a game changing shooting phase almost every battle. ;D
Old 07 Jul 2009, 11:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autarch Kaelmor
Well things went relatively well at the tournament. i dominated my space marine and ork opponnets in the first couple rounds. However i did have a really tough time against the new imperial guard in the final rounds. but in the end my massed firepower proved to be effect and dropped guardsmen in droves.

My MVPs for the tournament turned out to be the warwalkers, whos outflanking resulted in a game changing shooting phase almost every battle. ;D
I really like your list, so I could not really comment before.

What gave you the most problems with IG?

WT

Eldar Blog http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59588.0
My Non-Breaking Flying base for http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=59730.0
Wolf-Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2009, 18:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf-Tau
I really like your list, so I could not really comment before.

What gave you the most problems with IG?

WT
Thank you Wolf-Tau ;D

The main reason i had difficulty with the new IG is because i was unprepared for all the new toys and options they have available to them. The new orders that officers can issue really threw me for a loop. harmless lasbolts volleys became withering hails of death . That and the ridiculous number of vehicles made the games really close.

Luckly in the end i was able to out-manouver my opponnet and capitalize on side and rear armor while also blocking his line of sight to my more vulnerable units.