Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1000pts Take all comers Eldar list - 1500pts list added
Old 23 Sep 2008, 16:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default 1000pts Take all comers Eldar list - 1500pts list added

Hey all, unsure of what army to start at the moment but since I'm in possession of some guardians I can test scheme with, I thought I'd make a list encase I decided that i liked them .

Farseer; 125
Guide
Fortune
Spirit Stones
He'll be looking after the reapers and anyone else who needs it, plus attempting to kill of characters, monstrous creatures and unit champions that need be topped off.

Guardians; 180
20 Guardians, Warlock
Embolden
Eldar Missile Launcher
These guys'll hold the farseer safe, find some cover, snipe tanks/pie plate infantry or decimate units that get too close.

6 Pathfinders; 144
These guys'll sit on an objective/in cover and snipe away at MCs, TEQs or low LD units that need to be pinned.

Guardian Jetbikes; 175
4 Guardians, 1 Warlock
Embolden
Shuriken Cannon
These guys'll jump out of cover, blast some GEQs, then jump back in cover with the Eldar Jetbike rule. They can grab objectives if need be, too.

5 Dark Reapers
They'll sit in cover, get fortuned when playing armies with units that are MEQ, and hopefully blast away said MEQs :P.

Vyper; 65
Eldar Missile Launcher

Vyper; 65
Eldar Missile Launcher

Vyper; 65
Eldar Missile Launcher
These guys'll hide in cover, sneak around the sides, then hopefully blast tanks away! They can also turn their attention to GEQs and TauEQs if needed.

TOTAL; 996

C&C much welcome and appreciated .
MalusHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2008, 17:10   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: 1000pts Take all comers Eldar list

Nice.

This should do fairly well. The only issue I see at the moment is the odd lack of CC troops. Not a fatal flaw, but something you may want to look at eventually.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

viorlashasui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2008, 17:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer Kyren (viorlashasui)
Nice.

This should do fairly well. The only issue I see at the moment is the odd lack of CC troops. Not a fatal flaw, but something you may want to look at eventually.
Thanks, yeah, I did look at that, I'll try and add some in higher points .
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kin_Hunter (Malus)
Thanks, yeah, I did look at that, I'll try and add some in higher points .
No problem 8). If you want to try to include some at 1000 points, you could drop 10 Guardians and include a cheap Scorpion or Banshee squad instead, though it won't have an Exarch unless you put cheaper weapons on the platform and a Vyper. I recommend against that though, the EML is a good weapon.
"Brothers in battle and blood, In oath and honor, In life and death, In faith and in truth. Brothers in the sight of the Emperor. So be it ever, as He-on-Terra wills. Amen." - Prayer of Initiation, Knights Revenant attr. Captain Lucius Faust, 597.M41

"'Death before dishonor.' This is our creed, our way of life and death. Bolstered by the faith of the immortal God-Emperor, we may go into battle without fear for self. We know that whatever sacrifice is made in the name of He-on-Terra is not made in vain. Our honor rests in our service to Him, and we could ask no greater reward than to rest at His side, having given our utmost in His name." -Captain Anborn Tohr, after the Siege of Hydrax III

Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, I reckon I need the bodies faithful servants to protect the farseer and the important EML .
Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Yeah, and I just realized that you could reduce the jetbike squad and lose 1 Reaper and get the same unit. With the Vypers and Guardian EML, losing one Reaper won't really hurt you, and preserves the attrition meatshield for the Farseer.

One other thought, consider Doom for the Farseer, it's really handy in a pinch.

Old 23 Sep 2008, 19:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Yeah, and I just realized that you could reduce the jetbike squad and lose 1 Reaper and get the same unit. With the Vypers and Guardian EML, losing one Reaper won't really hurt you, and preserves the attrition meatshield for the Farseer.

One other thought, consider Doom for the Farseer, it's really handy in a pinch.
What unit, where now? Sorry, you got me confused, what unit is this i could get? At the cost of what?

Hmmm... I shall...
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:12   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I was referring to the previously mentioned small CC unit.

Old 24 Sep 2008, 08:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

With the guardians, take a warlock. It increases their survivability by heaps. One thing I don't understand, you have the farseer up the back with the reapers, yet you arm him with an 18 inch psychic power? best way to go would be take guide and fortune, with the guardians take a warlock with either conceal, or if in cover embolden. I'd also advise embolden on your jetbikes too. Use the farseer to guide the reapers and fortune the guardians. They will last for ages, provided they don't get hit by artillary or a very close flamer...
limpchickeninabizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2008, 16:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
I was referring to the previously mentioned small CC unit.
Ah, of course, silly me. Hmm... maybe... but they'd have no support really, and considering there wouldn't be many of them...

I did think of it, but then I thought the farseer could go with them, they'd hide in cover and get a re-rollable save? So I have, heh, ok, I'll change that, yeah guide and fortune it is. Okey doke, I'll add some emboldening warlocks to keep the the guardian units in line. I'll try and edit my first post later .

Thank you both .