Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

NEED HELP WITH A 1500 Point or 2000 point eldar army list!! Please Help!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 04:54   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to throwdown323
Default NEED HELP WITH A 1500 Point or 2000 point eldar army list!! Please Help!

Ok, so i have been "playing" eldar for a while now. I as of recently taken more of an intrest in the tactical side of the game instead of just putting your army on the board and throwing it at stuff! So I have been trying to create a decent army list that allows the most for my points. Any feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Ok so here it goes.....
for my 1500 points

HQ:
Farseer
Guide
Fortune

Elites:
8 Wraith Gaurd
Warlock

6 Harlequins
(6) Kisses
(1) Shaddow Seer

Troops:
7 Rangers
Uprgraded to Pathfinders

10 Storm Gaurdians
Warlock
Conceal

10 Storm Gaurdians
Walock
Conceal

Fast Attack:
7 Warp Spiders
Exarch
Power Blades
Hit and Run

Vyper
Shurkien Cannon

Heavy Suppot:
Wraith Lord
EML
Shurkien Cannon

Falcon
Scatter Laser
Vectored
--------------------------------------------------

(All Unit numbers already include the sub scripted exarch or shaddow seer.)

Now here in lies my poblem, Is this list efficent enough? What upgrades should i give? I also have another Farseer, 3 dark reapers, 3 jet bikes. What can i use? Just give some overall feed back and anything you feel like saying. If its horrible and i should start over...feel free to tell me. No hard feelings.

Thanks you so much.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:12   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH A 1500 Point or 2000 point eldar army list!! Please Help!

Nice list!

Lets take a look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwdown323

HQ:
Farseer
Guide
Fortune
If you want to use 2 Psychic Powers you must have Spirit Stones! They will let you use both in the same turn

Quote:
Elites:
8 Wraith Guard
Warlock
Never use them! But it is a really tough unit. Give Conceal to Warlock, and they will have e 5+Cover Save.

Quote:
6 Harlequins
(6) Kisses
(1) Shadow Seer
One of my favourite units! ;D

Quote:

Troops:
7 Rangers
Upgraded to Pathfinders

10 Storm Guardians
Warlock
Conceal

10 Storm Guardians
Warlock
Conceal
Now the troops choice...

I don't like pathfinders, but there are people using them with success, so... it's OK!
The Storm Guardians without a transport are death!...But i will definitively drop the Storm Guardians and replace it with Guardians Defenders with a Scatter Laser, a really cheap and effective unit.

Quote:
Fast Attack:
7 Warp Spiders
Exarch
Power Blades
Hit and Run

Vyper
Shurkien Cannon
Warp Spiders are great and are my favourite Eldar unit. In this case you should downgrade the squad to 6 and remove the PB and Hit&Run or maximize it to 8 but still, removing the PB.

If you have points, give the Shurican Upgrade to the Vyper.

Quote:

Heavy Suppot:
Wraith Lord
EML
Shurkien Cannon
A Wraithlord in cover and Fortune is a great combo! ;D

But you should specialize it in AT or Infantry figthing. Unless you know exactly the list of your opponent, i would go for the AT version= BL+EML.

Quote:
Falcon
Scatter Laser
Vectored
The best tank in the game!...if you had Holofields and Spirit Stones. They are a must! Never, never, never forget the HL and SS! VecE is optional!

Just my 0.02€

EDIT: less confusing now!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 16:05   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: NEED HELP WITH A 1500 Point or 2000 point eldar army list!! Please Help!

Hi throwdown323,

Judging from your list composition, it sounds like you're running a grounded frontline, with the front layers of stormies, a heavy wraithwall, and you're backing it with a "clown car", or Harlies in a Falcon. This stype of setup will do well when large peices of terrain is hard to come by (you only really have to hide the Falcon...), and instead has lots of size 2 terrain like woods and barricades.

I would agree with Sapo's comments, particularly the Falcon setup and conceal on the wraithguard. Let's see if we can tighten this up some:

The Farseer has little use for guide. There's not a whole lot that he can keep up with shooting-wise, except the ranger unit which is static. I'd swap it out for Doom or Mindwar, or better yet, downgrade him to a stock fortuneseer. He's more important keeping your wraithwall alive.

Your Harlies are a big time heavy hitter on this list, and your most important assault- so I added a troupe master to let you have the option of a power weapon or just more attacks with a H.Kiss. The added leadership really helps too in the big combats.

The wraithwall is good, but let's make it nigh invulnerable to shooting by making it a troops choice, and throwing conceal on the Spiritseer. This does a number of things to your list- it frees up an elites choice if you care to use it, it effectively doubles the wraithsight range for your wraithlord, and it gives you that nasty wraithwall which will draw charges that you can repel with harlequins and stormies. It literally becomes the anchor for the whole list.

I would also drop the Pathfinders to 6 to free up the points we need for various upgrades, as it doesn't noticeably affect the unit much.

Stormies...well...I love 'em but they're not typically the stuff of a competitive list, and it sounds like you want to take your army to the next level. Besides- they work to saturate threats on this list, but it just isn't worth the price. For what you're paying for both units, you could be running 4 vypers or 6 warwalkers! They just seem redundant on this list. So we'll be keeping one unit for now.

Warp Spider Exarch should really have either Exarch Deathspinner or Spinneret. They're too cheap not to take. Dropped unit to 6 for points.

Your list could use some bonus anti-tank/dakka, so I armed your Vyper the same as the Wraithlord...it's a bargain for 75pts, just try and keep it alive for a couple of turns to make it worthwhile.

Added Spirit Stones and Holofield to the Falcon. It's a MUST. Don't bother taking a Falcon without them.

The wraithlord setup is very intriguing, and very cheap! It's a great GEQ killer with some anti-tank as a bonus, so we'll leave as is (just be sure and take 2x flamers on it).

Farseer85pts
Fortune

6 Harlequins 178pts
6x Harlequin's Kiss, Shadowseer, Troupe Master With powersword/H.Kiss

Troops

10 Wraithguard 396pts
Spiritseer, Conceal
(moved to troops)

6 Pathfinders 144pts

10 Storm Guardians 120pts
Warlock, Conceal

Fast Attack

Vyper 75pts
EML, Shuriken Cannon

6 Warp Spiders 179pts
Exarch, Exarch Deathspinner, Withdraw, Powerblades

Heavy Support

Falcon 195pts
Scatter Laser, Spirit Stone, Holofield, Vectored Engines

Wraithlord 125pts
Shuriken Cannon, EML

Total = 1,497pts

Not a bad list, actually. Should be fairly competitive.

- Yriel
Old 26 Sep 2007, 16:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to throwdown323

Thanks, I was told the exact same thing about the falcon from another person, i will take the advice on that. Im thikning of changing the gaurdians to black gaurdians, and just using the counts as rule and sub the points for dire avenger stat lines. Just a thought. Any more ideas and revisions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 17:02   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Thanks, I was told the exact same thing about the falcon from another person, i will take the advice on that. Im thikning of changing the gaurdians to black gaurdians, and just using the counts as rule and sub the points for dire avenger stat lines. Just a thought. Any more ideas and revisions would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to use Dire Avengers, you MUST give them a transport (a max squad in a WS or a min in a Falcon) and the Exarch with Bladestorm.