Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

2000 Point Competative Jetbike-Heavy Assaulty list
Old 18 Jun 2007, 22:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default 2000 Point Competative Jetbike-Heavy Assaulty list

Okay, this is the first draft of the Eldar Jetbike-Heavy list I'd like to make.

The idea is to start the game out of LOS. Turn 1 the jetbikes turbo-boost into a good strike point. A place out of LOS from the enemy, but within range to charge the following turn. The Falcons advance from hiding, keeping themselves visible to only a small part of the enemy army, firing at targets of opportunity.

Turn 2 the jetbikes leap out and crush a portion of the enemy army by shooting and then assaulting. (I have found that Spears backed up by Guardian Jetbikes with Enhance are great in assault) The Falcons position themselves to release their harlequins on turn 3.

Turn 3 the Harlequins get out of the falcons before the Falcon's move, and jointly with the bikes, assault a new porion of the enemy army, taking another huge bite out of it.

Turn 4 and on - mop up.

My original idea was to have three squads of Shining Spears and Guardian Jetbikes, but I quickly realized that there would not be enough terrain on most tables to hide the approach of that many bikes, so I opted instead for something that would not need to hide as it approached and would add to the firepower and HTH punch of the army, a pair of Falcons transporting harlequins.

Let me know what you think. I want to make this army as competative as I can, while still remaining somewhat faithful to the theme of an jetbike/mechanized assault army. I haven't bought any models yet, so nothing is too sacred to be changed at this point. (I only gave the Farseer Runes of Witnessing because I had ten points left over and nothing to spend them on.)

Let me know what you think.

Eldar Marauder Army
(2000 Points)

HQ:
Farseer with Jetbike, Singing Spear, Spirit Stones, Runes of Witnessing, Runes of Warding, Doom, Fortune, Guide. (208 Points)

HQ:
Autarch with Jetbike, Laser Lance, Mandiblasters, Fusion Gun. (140 Points)

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe(6) with Shuriken Pistols and Harlequin's Kiss. (132 Points)

Elites:
Harlequin Troupe(6) with Shuriken Pistols and Harlequin's Kiss. (132 Points)

Troops:
Guardian Jetbike Squad(8) with 7 Guardian Jetbikes, two upgraded to Shuriken Cannons, and one Warlock on Jetbike with Singing Spear and Enhance. (237 Points)

Troops:
Guardian Jetbike Squad(8) with 7 Guardian Jetbikes, two upgraded to Shuriken Cannons, and one Warlock on Jetbike with Singing Spear and Enhance. (237 Points)

Fast Attack:
Shining Spears Squad(4) with 4 Shining Spears, one upgraded to Exarch with Star Lance, Skilled Rider, and Withdraw. (202 Points)

Fast Attack:
Shining Spears Squad(4) with 4 Shining Spears, one upgraded to Exarch with Star Lance, Skilled Rider, and Withdraw. (202 Points)

Fast Attack:
Vyper Squadron(2) with 2 Shuriken Cannons each. (120 Points)

Heavy Support:
Falcon Grav Tank with 2 Shuriken Cannons, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, and Vectored Engines. (195 Points)

Heavy Support:
Falcon Grav Tank with 2 Shuriken Cannons, Holo-Field, Spirit Stones, and Vectored Engines. (195 Points)
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 06:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: 2000 Point Competative Jetbike-Heavy Assaulty list

lacks verve
Dire Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 11:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Avenger
lacks verve
So am I expected to read you mind and figure out what that means?

Verve? How does that help me?
Man, that's the joy of Anime! To revel in the complete and utter wastefullness of making an unstoppable nuclear-powered combat andriod in the shape of a cute little girl, who has the ability to fall in love and wears an enormous bow in her hair.

Don't tell me that you fell for the MTV lie?
The MTV lie is that people who rebel against tradition are thnking for themselves, while those who follow tradition are just sheep who do not think.
It is, of course, completely untrue. The decision to follow tradition is just as much an exercize of free will as is the decision to depart from it.
Doctor Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think you could split the guardians squads into 4 units rather the 2 you have, it's better because a) you get 2 more scoring units b) more targets for your opponent to choose.
I would switch the second spears squad to warp spiders, but that's a personal choice, I think they are a must in any type of list but even better in this ones. Have you playtested the list yet?

Cheers, Vet.Eter
Vet.Eter is offline   Reply With Quote