Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Versatile Eldar 1000...
Old 07 Jun 2007, 00:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Versatile Eldar 1000...

Hi everyone.

I'm in need of a little advice, I've got a 1000 points of Eldar, but I want another unit or two for me to potentially swap in or out to shake things up and make it so my list isn't the same every time- (Which is what I do with my nids. Same list every time). So of the following units- which one (or ones?) should I take. My army list is also shown below:

HQ:

Farseer: Doom, Guide, Fortune, spirit stones, runes of warding.

Elites:

5 Howling Banshees, 1 Exarch with Executioner, Warshout, and Acrobatic. (I've seen how many people dislike the banshees on these boards, but I like these girls just fine... They've served me well)

3 Wraithguard (represented by Tau stealthsuits with space marine close combat weapons!!!) 1 Warlock with conceal.

Troops:

9 Guardians with Bright lance, Warlock with singing spear and conceal.

4 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch with Diresword and pistol, Bladestorm and Defend.

4 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch with two shruiken catapults and Bladestorm.

Fast Attack: None!

Heavy Support:

Falcon with pulse laser, scatter laser, and shruiken catapults, vectored engines, spirit stones. (Generally transports my Banshees)

3 War Walkers with 3 starcannons and 3 scatter lasers.

The units I'm considering are:

More Dire Avengers.

Singing Spears.

More Wraithguard.

Harliquins.

I fully appreciate any advice given!

My brother's armies
Space marines: 1500
Daemonhunters: 200- and staying there for a long time.
More Dakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jun 2007, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Versatile Eldar 1000...

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Dakka
Hi everyone.

I'm in need of a little advice, I've got a 1000 points of Eldar, but I want another unit or two for me to potentially swap in or out to shake things up and make it so my list isn't the same every time- (Which is what I do with my nids. Same list every time). So of the following units- which one (or ones?) should I take. My army list is also shown below:

HQ:

Farseer: Doom, Guide, Fortune, spirit stones, runes of warding.

Elites:

5 Howling Banshees, 1 Exarch with Executioner, Warshout, and Acrobatic. (I've seen how many people dislike the banshees on these boards, but I like these girls just fine... They've served me well)

3 Wraithguard (represented by Tau stealthsuits with space marine close combat weapons!!!) 1 Warlock with conceal.

Troops:

9 Guardians with Bright lance, Warlock with singing spear and conceal.

4 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch with Diresword and pistol, Bladestorm and Defend.

4 Dire Avengers, 1 Exarch with two shruiken catapults and Bladestorm.

Fast Attack: None!

Heavy Support:

Falcon with pulse laser, scatter laser, and shruiken catapults, vectored engines, spirit stones. (Generally transports my Banshees)

3 War Walkers with 3 starcannons and 3 scatter lasers.

The units I'm considering are:

More Dire Avengers.

Singing Spears.

More Wraithguard.

Harlequins.

I fully appreciate any advice given!
Hey,

A few things in your list are incorrect or could be tweaked. The Farseer only needs 2 powers. You are never going to be able to cast three a turn save yourself some points. Either make him defensive with Fortune Mind War or offensive with Doom Guide.

The Howling Banshees should loose both the Exarch powers. If your ladies are getting charged you have done something wrong and Acrobatic will not save you anyway. Warshout is not worth 5 points or even 1 point its terrible as most 40k armies have high leadership. Kudos on picking the ladies they are a favorite of mine also.

The Guardians have to have 10 men. That is not including the Warlock. Also a Bright Lance is a big gamble on a unit with BS3 and one shot. I would switch this out for a Scatter Laser.

The Dire Avengers would be more productive as either a tar pit with Power Weapon and Defend or a complete 10 man squad with all guns blazing.

We have saved some points already maybe enough to get some Fast Attack. Warp Spiders are always my #1 choice for this slot. They are great troops. Shining Spears can also function well but I feel to get the full effect they need a full 5 man squad and a Jet Autarch. IMHO that is.

Falcon is nicely configured however I would always take holo fields.

Warwalkers I for your list you have very light anti tank atm. I would take three WW armed with Dual EML. Use the Farseer with this unit have him guide them. The EML config gives you the option to shoot tanks with STR 8 shots or to fire templates at troops. Then you can also configure your Farseer with just guide. Which makes him a cheap support role.

I would not use the small unsupported unit of Wraithguard unless you were going with the Ghost ship which is very costly at this point level.

For options you could replace the Banshees with Scorpions and Shadowstrike. Then replace the Wraithguard with Harlequins and have them move inside the Falcon.

I hope that helps a bit.
Autarch_Kalesh is offline   Reply With Quote