Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Successful Eldar Army Lists
Old 02 Feb 2007, 17:05   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Successful Eldar Army Lists

Hey all,

purpose of this thread: To create a compilation of successful army lists as a set of examples to new and returning Eldar Players. Posting Rules:
1) Please post and/or PM (to Yriel or Myself) the listfor approval before posting it here. Unauthorized army lists will be deleted. (The reason for having you make the post is to allow you the ability to modify it, add links to bat reps, and refine your tactical assessments over time)
2) The army should be tried and true. This force should have been run through a few battles, and not merely be a theoretical force.
3) A battle report should be linked to the army. A new player can learn a whole lot more from a list if they can see that list being applied. If a BatRep is not available, please write a short tactica on the army to help new and returning Eldar players understand your force selection.
4) The list should be a legal list. This may sound like a no-brainer, but here on the net I take no chances.
5) The list should conform to the Forum Rules. (ie please do not post points values for individual units.)
6) PICs of the army are welcome, but not required.
7) Have fun.

The old 3rd Edition "Successful Army Lists" thread can be found here

Thanks,
Ged of Paragon

[glow=purple,2,300]Speaker for the Keeper of Secrets - The Cult of Slannesh[/glow]

-Craftworld Paragon's Rune Sign
GedofParagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2007, 17:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default Re: Successful Eldar Army Lists

I had another game today at 1000 points. My list was as follows;

The other battles can be found here;

Game 1; 1000 Points vs Iron Warriors & Game 2; 1500 Points vs Iron Warriors - http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=34445.0

Game 3; 1000 Points vs Death Guard -
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=34563.0
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Autarch; 110 Points
Fusion Gun,
Scorpion Sword,
Jump Generator,
Shuri-Pistol.

He fills in for my lack of anti-tank in this list, plus he can cause some damage against GEQ's.

Farseer; 105 Points
Fortune,
Guide.

My Farseer is in the list mainly to support my fire-base and keep them alive.

Fire Base:

10 Guardians; 110 Points
Bright Lance.

These guys provide a little anti-tank and can provide some anti infantry up close. Plus they are fairly mobile which always comes in handy.

5 Dark Reapers; 175 Points

Anti MEQ, obviously. But can also thin out hordes at a push. They will always try to start in a nice bit of cover, making my Farseers job of keeping them alive much easier.

Mobile Elements:

8 Warp Spiders; 218 Points
Exarch;
Power Blades,
Spinneret Rifle,
Withdraw.

A great mobile unit, can deal with pretty much anything from hordes to light tanks. The Spinneret rifle is taken because I play against a lot of high toughness, 2+ save models. Plus it helps a little more with anti-tank again.

8 Harlequins; 206 Points
8 Kiss',
Shadowseer.

This unit doesn't really need explaining, my main combat punch.

3 Jetbikes; 76 Points
Shuricannon.

This unit can harass the enemy, hunt light tanks and claim objectives late in the game.

My opponents list;

Tyranids

15 Spine Gaunts; 75 Points

Zoanthrope; 65 Points
Blast,
Synapse,
Field.

Zoanthrope; 65 Points
Blast,
Synapse,
Field.

Zoanthrope; 65 Points
Blast,
Synapse,
Field.

Tyrant; 197 Points
+1 WS, I & S.
2 X Scything Talons,
Wings,
Warp Field.

Carnifex; 165 Points
Strangler,
Venom Cannon,
Enhanced Senses,
2 + Sv.

Carnifex; 143 Points
2 X Scything Talons,
Mace Tail,
2 + Sv,
+ 1 WS,
+ 1 S.

A small splinter from the ever lingering threat of Hive Fleet Kraken had wormed its way towards the savage Exodite world of Korolas. It's mighty Predators and the Dragons of the proud Eldar inhabitants, dangerous additions to the already lethally effective gene pool of the Tyranid menace. Too late the Seers of Charon become aware of the threat to one of their worlds, they would not be able to intervene in time to save their Exodite kinsman on the world.

But they still had to act, High Seer Eldamari’s visions of a new even more lethal and effective strain of the Tyranids Raveners emerging from the destruction of Korolas was a warning that could not be ignored, and so a fleet was dispatched to ensure this new strain would not be unleashed on the Galaxy...

With the Eldar fleet slowly picking apart the Tyranid menace above the planet, a decisive strike was needed to halt their progress on land. A Strike force was assembled to strike down the Tyranid Leader Beast on the planet. Proud Autarch Karakka was assigned with the duty of leading the hunt for the winged terror, he had walked the path of the Striking Scorpion, the Predator and vowed to bring Charon its skull. Aided by High Seer Eldamari himself, the Eldar were confident of success.

We were in a rush and had a short amount of time in which to play the game in, so we opted for a straight up VP battle.

Terrain;

We played on a 4'X4' board. In the middle of my deployment zone was a bunker, with a bunker opposite it in the enemy deployment zone. In the centre of the board on the far right was an area of ruins and on the far left, another bunker. In the very centre of the board was an area of craters. On the left of my deployment zone [between the craters and left bunker] was a wall section, and on my right in the enemy deployment zone was a similar wall section.

Deployment;

Eldar -

My Reapers deployed in the Bunker with my Farseer. The Guardians deployed behind the wall to the left of the Reapers, close to the edge of my deployment zone. My Spiders deployed far right ready to utilise the area terrain ruins. My Bikes deployed behind my bunker, the Autarch with the Spiders and my Harlequins in between my Reapers and Spiders.

Tyranids -

The Nids filled pretty much all of their deployment zone. The Spine Gaunts spaced evenly across the length of the board. The Tyrant deployed on my far right, opposite the Spiders. The Combat Fex was deployed out on the right too but not as far. The Sniper Fex was deployed with the Gaunts on my left along with a Zoanthrope. The Second Zoanthrope was deployed centrally and the third out on the right.

Turn 1;

Eldar -

Fortune was cast on my Reapers.

My Spiders jumped through the ruins with my Autarch they fired at the Gaunt squad in front of them, killing 6 [the only ones in range]. They then jumped back behind the ruins, losing one of their squad in the Warp.

My Reapers cut down a few [about 5] Gaunts from the central squad and my Bikes moved from behind cover to down another one with their Shuricannon.

My Bright Lance took a wound from the combat fex and my Harlequins advanced slightly.

Tyranids -

The Gaunts swarmed forward, most getting about 3 extra inches of movement from Fleet.

Everything else also advanced straight forwards, nothing made it into cover.

The Tyranid shooting was ineffective against the Guardians that were targeted.

Turn 2;

Eldar -

Fortune was failed on my Reapers.

The Guardians advanced and unleashed a hail of shurikens on the Gaunts on my far left, killing about 6. The Reapers killed more Gaunts from the central squad.

My Spiders and Autarch again jumped through the ruins, taking aim at the Tyrant, the Spiders took 2 wounds and the Autarch took a 3rd. The Spiders then jumped back through the ruins, leaving the Autarch to try and finish the Tyrant off, or at least hold it up.

The Harlequins rolled a 6 for their Fleet and headed straight for the combat Fex. My Bikes closed in on the Gaunts that were central-right, shooting some down and then charging in. My Harlequins slammed into the combat Fex, killing it and sweeping into the Gaunts the Bikes were fighting. The Bikes killed 1 Gaunt in combat for no losses.

The Autarch charged the Tyrant, hitting and wounding with two attacks. He hoped for a glorious kill with his Scorpion Sword, the weapon of choice of the 'Predators' of the Eldar army, but he couldn't penetrate the creatures Psychic Warp Field. It lashed out in retaliation causing 2 wounds, 1 of which overloaded the Autarchs force field and cutting him in half.

Tyranids -

The Gaunts on my far left closed on the Guardians, as did the remaining two Gaunts from the central-left squad. They all opened fire, killing 3 Guardians. They then charged, killing 2 Guardians but losing 3 of their own.

The sniper Fex now opened fire on the Reapers, wounding twice and killing 2 despite their 3+ saves. The cowardly Reapers then fled straight off the board....much to my Farseers dismay.

The Tyrant closed on the Spiders, charging and chopping two down before they withdrew from the combat.

The Gaunts on my far right cut back across the board to support the centre-right Gaunts. Charging in but failing to do any damage. The Harlequins and Bikers cut down plenty of Gaunts but there were plenty left to take their place.

Turn 3;

Eldar -

The Spiders opened fire on the Tyrant once again, the Exarchs Spinneret Rifle finishing it off.

The Farseer, fleeted towards the combat between the Gaunts and Guardians. He just reached the combat and helped the Guardians keep up a healthy kill tally on the Gaunts. 1 Guardian was lost.

The Harlequins and Bikers chopped down more Gaunts.

Tyranids -

The sniper Fex closed in on the Harlequin and Bike combat, as did the Zoanthropes. The sniper Fex shot at the Spiders, killing none.

The casualties continued to mount for the Gaunts against the Guardians and in the other combat against the Bikes and Harlequins.

Turn 4;

Eldar -

The Harlequins and Bikes finished off the Gaunts they were facing whilst the Spiders closed on the sniper Fex, firing but taking no wounds off it.

The Guardians continued to chop down Gaunts with the help of their Farseer, bringing the number of Gaunts left in the combat critically low.

Tyranids -

The Harlequins now stranded in the open between a sniper Fex and 3 Zoanthropes received a lot of fire-power but their 5+ Inv Saves, spared all but 2.

They were then charged by all 4 monsters, losing another 2 of their number as they cut down a Zoanthrope and wounded the Fex.

The Harlequins withdrew from combat.

The Farseer and Guardians brought the Gaunt squad down to 1 model.

Turn 5;

Eldar -

The Jetbikes and Spiders fired on the Fex, failing to cause any damage.

The Harlequins slammed back into it, bringing the huge beast crashing down.

Tyranids -

The Zoanthropes shot and charged the Harlequins, bringing them under half strength.

Turn 6;

Eldar -

The Farseer and Guardians finished off the Gaunts, whilst the Harlequins and Zoanthropes failed to kill each other.

Tyranids -

Again, no damage done from either the Zoanthropes or Harlequins.

Eldar Victory Points; 870
Tyranid Victory Points; 443

Eldar win by 427 Victory Points

Solid Victory

Karakka activated his jump generator, psychically commanding his Warp Spider squad to do the same, the world around him faded, his brother warriors seemed as ghosts, the trees and ruins becoming twisted and distorted. His motions slowed as the world whipped past him, a strangled scream signalling one of his Spiders being lost to the Warp causing a barely kept sorrow fuelled rage to boil within him, but even that was numbed by the jump. With a sudden ‘snap’ he crashed back into the mortal world, an enormous winged monster towering above him. His Spiders opened fire, deadly monofilament wire and nets falling over it, tightening and tearing into its flesh as it thrashed about in pain. He added to the fire, blowing a gaping hole through one of its wings with his Fusion Blaster but the beast still lived.

His hand fell towards his Scorpion Sword, and images of his time as a Scorpion, a Predator, overwhelmed him. ‘This prey is mine’ hissed the Autarch, violence and cold menace emanating from him, completely drowning out the aura of anger and bloodlust that had surrounded him whilst he used the tools of the Fire Dragon and Warp Spider. The Spiders fell back, leaving the Predator to it’s Prey.

He was totally consumed by his Striking Scorpion aspect now, slowly closing on his target through the ruins of a half destroyed building. His prey was in pain, and it knew that something was nearby, he struck before it could discover what. Leaping from a broken stairway, he raked his chainsword down the creatures spine, drawing a gaping wound. It turned, hissing and spitting in fury and pain. It stabbed an enormous scythed talon towards him, Karakka, with his usual arrogance pirouetted inside the beasts thrust, to leap and drive his Chainsword up through the underside of it’s jaw. It began to stagger backwards, beneath his helmet Karakka allowed himself a slight smile of satisfaction, he walked towards the defeated creature, ready to retrieve his sword and claim the trophy of its skull. Suddenly it stopped thrashing and with a single beat of its mighty wings propelled itself towards him, before he could react a talon slammed through his chest plate. It lifted him off the ground, towards its mouth. Karakka feebly reached for his sword, still lodged in it’s jaw as another talon sliced down, cutting the proud Autarch in two…

Eldamari felt the death of Karakka, although the battle was going well and he could already clearly see the Eldar of Charon standing triumphant this day, it was another grievous wound for the Craftworld. One which would not easily be healed.

I was a little worried at first as I think my opponents army was pretty good, I couldn't see how my army would be able to cause enough damage.

I was happy with everything in my army besides the Reapers, who took their first casualty for 4 games, and ran straight off at the first sign of blood!. I knew my Bikers would be durable enough to hold up a Gaunt squad for a long time so long as I got the charge [Didn't want 30 attacks heading towards my Bikes], and they did that job perfectly. I also knew the Harlequins would [should] easily take down the combat Fex, so I tied up the Gaunts next to it, hoping for the Harlequins to down the Fex and then move into the combat with the Gaunts to help the Bikes. It worked perfectly and even lured another squad of Gaunts in, the attacks of which were absorbed mostly by the Bikers high toughness and save.

The Spiders did great as usual and were the perfect tool for luring the Tyrant away and killing it, although I was hoping for a glory kill from my Autarch.

I was very proud of my Guardians, after a shoot off and brawl with 17 Gaunts they come out easily on top with a little help from my Farseer [who was Fortuning my Guardians, forgot to write that into the report, thats why so few were lost once he got there]. They also took a wound from the sniper Fex with their only Bright Lance shot of the game.

My Harlequins did everything asked of them, although they must have got a little tired during the end of the battle as they just weren't getting any 6's at all to bring down those Psycher bugs.

I would say my opponent played into my hands perfectly but there was nothing he could do about my Bikes tying up his Gaunts and working with my Harlequins. All he could have really done was avoid going after the Spiders with his Tyrant and used it to bolster his force elsewhere. Which could have made a big difference. He would have been much safer from their attentions if he was in combat [with units that couldn't withdraw from him].

My 1500 Point List consists of;

Fire Base:

10 Guardians; 110 Points
Bright Lance.

5 Dark Reapers; 175 Points

Wraithlord; 155 Points
2 Flamers,
Bright Lance,
EML.

Simply adds to the AT fire and will help in combat if the enemy reaches my fire-base.

Farseer; 125 Points
Fortune,
Spirit Stones,
Guide.

Mobile Elements:

8 Warp Spiders; 218 Points
Exarch;
Power Blades,
Spinneret Rifle,
Withdraw.

8 Harlequins; 206 Points
8 Kiss',
Shadowseer.

4 Jetbikes; 124 Points
Shuricannon,
Warlock;
Singing Spear.

Now with added tank busting ability in the seer.

Falcon; 185 Points
Spirit Stones,
Holo Field,
Starcannon.

TEQ or MC Killer, Dragon transport.

6 Fire Dragons; 123 Points
Exarch;
Tank Hunters.

Tank, TEQ and MC killers.

Vyper; 80 Points
Starcannon,
Spirit Stones.
Old 09 Feb 2007, 12:33   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Recon force of Zaineth-Tril 1000ishpoints

(Point Values editored in)

[hr]
[hr]

HQ 1: Autarch Kiardras
Shuri Pistol, Scorpion Chainsword, MandiBlasters, Fusion Gun
* Total: 95
[size=7pt]I love this setup - he is dirt cheap, has a lot of bonus', and while he cannot take on enemy characters in a one on one, he still has a lot of hitting power on the charge. [/size]

[hr]

Elite 1: 6 Fire Dragons
Unit Contains an Exarch
* Total:*108
[size=7pt]My premier tank/monstrous creature/character hunters, never let me down yet, and have even held their own when they have been charged. I've lost count of the enemy units they have melted, from MBT's to Bloodthirsters. [/size]

Elite 2: 10 Striking Scorpions
Exarch with Scorpion Claw, Wave Serpent with twin Shuricannon, and a single Shuricannon, plus Vectored Engines.
* Total:*187, WS 130
[size=7pt]My main assault unit, these guys with the Autarch ride a serpent, and have always done me proud, even surviving 20 charging stormboys with the special character, and winning! [/size]

[hr]

Troop 1: 10 Dire Avengers
Exarch with twin Cat, Bladestorm
* Total:* 152
[size=7pt] While these guys do, sadly die a lot of the time, a well timed bladestorm has seen me the win on a couple of occasions. These are a second wave unit, once the rapier of my fast assault force has struck home, these guys are my shield, holding my gains, and clearing out any last resistance.[/size]

Troop 2: 6 Pathfinders
* Total:* 144
[size=7pt]These guys, well, I cannot describe them. They are worth their weight in gold, nothing has survived them, from terminators to daemon princes, they drop anything. I have found 6 is a good enough size to be points effective, and damage effective. They usually sit in hard cover, for that lovely jubbly 2+ cover save, the only thing ever to have hurt them is when an assualt squad hit them with 2 flamers.... [/size]

[hr]

Heavy Support 1: Falcon
Scatter Laser, Shuricannon, Holofields, and spirit stones.
* Total:* 185
[size=7pt]This is my fire dragon transport, and is great. Its survivable, it puts out a hell of a lot of dakka, and the pulse laser is fantastic.[/size]

[size=14pt]Army Total:* 1001[/size]

[hr]
[hr]

Tactics - The avengers and pathfinders hold the line, while the fast assault forces move up and punch a hole in the enemy lines. The avengers then begin to move forwards to secure the area, while the pathfinders provide pinpoint fire. The falcon can be used to make a last mad dash for objectives in missions, thanks to its fast movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2007, 14:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin

[hr]

My List.

~ HQ ~

Farseer – 105pts
- Ghosthelm
- Shuriken Pistol
- Witchblade
- Rune Armour
- Jetbike
- Mind War

(The "Teeth Puller" I affectionally call him, he's there to get rid of that hidden powerfist, heavy weapon, or flamer in squads, he also is my fast moving speed bump...he can take a character down sometimes... but only rarely...)

~ Troops ~

12 Storm Guardians – 218pts
- 10 Shuriken Pistols & Close Combat Weapons
- 2 Flamers
- Waveserpent
- Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons
- Shuriken Cannon
- Energy Field

(My pointy speed bump... thins out any enemies in cover, and basically tries to tangle fast moving hoards up whilst everyone else moves for the kill of the juicier target, more often than not, these guys come out the victors... due to their high number of attacks)

10 Guardians – 195pts
- 9 Shuriken Catapults
- Shuriken Cannon
- Waveserpent
- Twin-Linked Shuriken Cannons
- Shuriken Cannon
- Energy Field

(The Objective Takers, basically shoot their point little heads out... and fleet into/onto the objective last turn)

~ Heavy Support ~

Fire Prism – 115pts
- Prism Cannon
- Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults

(My big guns... basically take on anything, firstly things that are going to hurt me quickly, then things that'll hurt me in the long run, and then the annoying little things that just wont die)

Fire Prism – 115pts
- Prism Cannon
- Twin-Linked Shuriken Catapults

(My big guns... basically take on anything, firstly things that are going to hurt me quickly, then things that'll hurt me in the long run, and then the annoying little things that just wont die)

[hr]

My opponents list;

Necrons

Lord
Warscythe, Res Orb.

10 Warriors

10 Warriors

Monolith

(Pass the Cheese Grater, I'm gonna have some fun)

[hr][hr]

Type Of Mission

[hr]

Cleanse, Alpha Grade.

[hr][hr]

Terrain

[hr]

We played on a 4'X4' board. Ice themed, Abandoned Land Raider immediatly to the south-east of the centre, ice trees far north-west, craters to the north-east, small hill to the south-east, big ice mound south-west.

[hr][hr]

Deployment

[hr]

Eldar -

I chose the south-west quadrant, Prism 1 was placed to the south-east of my quarter, Prism 2 was south-west behind the ice mound, Storm Serpent placed tp the east of the ice mound, Guard Serpent deployed seperatly from Guardian Squad, immediatly eastwards of Storm Serpent. Farseer was placed north west of my deployment zone.

[hr]

Necrons -

Lord flanked by either squad, Monolith immediatly behind them, all facing centre of the table.

[hr][hr]

Turn 1

[hr]

Eldar -

Farseer and both Serpents boosted into the far left corner of the table.

Guardians moved into the near left corner.

Prism 1 & 2 moved right, 12".

Prism 1 & 2 combined shots onto Warrior squad 2 (to the right of the lord), taking 9 of them out.

[hr]

Necrons -

2 Necrons got back up into squad 2, making them non scoring...

General advance towards centre by all warriors and lord, monolith moved left, towards my serpents.

Everything still out of range for shooting.

[hr][hr]

Turn 2

[hr]

Eldar -

Storm Squad departs from Storm Serpent, both Serpents move towards Warrior squad 1 (left of the lord)

Storm squad moves into the far left corner.

Farseer moves slightly towards centre table.

Prisms continue their anti-clockwise movment around the board.

Farseer casts mind war onto the lord... it is successfully cast, but does not wound the lord.

Prism 1 opens fire on Lord, but misses.

Prism 2 opens fire onto Warrior squad 1, killing 2.

Farseer moves 6" behind cover.

[hr]

Necrons -

2 Warriors get back up.

Monolith moves left again, warriors mve towards centre table with lord.

Warriors open fire on Guard Serpent, but fail to hurt it.

Monolith fires at Storm Squad... killing 6.

[hr][hr]

Turn 3

[hr]

Eldar -

Storm Squad moves southwards.

Serpents move behind warriors and lord.

Seer moves with Storm Squad.

Prisms continue anti-clockwise movement.

Seer fails psychic test for Mind War.

Storm Squad Fleets Southbound, moving 5".

Sepents open fire on Lord, doing diddley squat....

Prisms Combine shots at warrior squad 1, killing them all.

Seer moves 6" southbound.

[hr]

Necrons -

10! Warriors get back up (damn that ressurection orb)

Monolith moves towrads centre of table, warriors move into my table quarter.

Warriors fail to harm Guard Serpent.

Monolith destroys Storm Serpent.

[hr][hr]

Turn 4

[hr]

Eldar -

Prisms move 6" anti clockwise yet again, now Prism 1 is in far right corner and Prism 2 in near right corner.

Storm Squad moves to the edge of my table quarter.

Seer moves towards centre.

Guard Serpent tank shocks lord, lord fails death or glory, Lord is smooshed.

Prisms combine fire onto Warrior squad 1 killing 8.

Guard Serpent fires at Warrior squad 2, killing 2.

Farseer assaults monolith, inflicting 2 glancing hits, taking off weaponry.

[hr]

Necrons -

No Warriors get back up...

;D Phase Out. ;D

[hr][hr]

Winning Terms
Victorious Slaughter.

[hr][hr]

I was worried at first due to the monolith, but, I stuck with the plan of making them phase out, rather than killing the 'Lith, I got lucky with a few things, but then again so did my opponant. Man of the match has to be my Guard Serpent, Die to he won back more points than he was worth, and a lot more than he was worth, my plan seemed to go well, except from my Storm Squad getting a pounding.

Eidt by JD: I dunno how you managed to read it after the changes FT
Edit by AC: JD you've spelt edit incorrectly...
Edit by WG: I just wanted to be part of the moment. :P
Aun’o Tash’var Shin’jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 01:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

(From Ged of Paragon)

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 498/500 Points

NOTE: This is a reconnaissance force consisting of a low ranking Seer, a Single Mechanized Avenger Squad to whose shrine he belongs, and an escorting Vyper. The leadership of Aspect Squads by attending Warlock Champions is a hallmark of Craftworld Paragon, which treads the line between Ulthwe and Beil-Tan… The Ability to drop a “Pie Plate” at .5k is nice too!

HQ:
1) Warlock Champion Thunderek (Farseer 55, Eldritch Storm 20) = 75

TROOPS:
1) Dire Avengers “Balanced” (Dire Avenger x 9 108) = 108
-Wave Serpent “Star Lance Configuration” (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Eldar Missile Launcher 30, Spirit Stones 10) = 130

2) Starstriders (Ranger x 5 95, Pathfinders x 5 5) = 120

FAST ATTACK:
1) Vyper in “Flame Blossom” Configuration (Vyper 45, Eldar Missile Launcher 20) = 65

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 997/1000 Points

HQ: Use 1 only…
2) Kurom Togath the “Wyvern” (Autarch 70, Mandiblasters 10, Power Weapon 10, Fusion Gun 10) = 100
or
3) Warlock Lord Soyokaze Solarr (Farseer 55, Runes of Warding 15, Fortune 30) = 100

TROOPS:
1) Dire Avengers “Shooty” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Dual Shuriken Catapults 5, Bladestorm 15) = 152
-Wave Serpent “Star Lance Configuration” (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Brightlance 45, Spirit Stones 10) = 145

2) Dire Avengers “Balanced” (Dire Avenger x 9 108, Exarch 12, Power Weapon and Shimmer Shield 15, Defend 15) = 150
-Wave Serpent “Star Lance Configuration” (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Brightlance 45, Spirit Stones 10) = 145

3) Starstriders (Ranger x 5 95, Pathfinders x 5 5) = 120

4) Starstriders (Ranger x 5 95, Pathfinders x 5 5) = 120

FAST ATTACK:
1) Vyper “Flame Blossom” Configuration (Vyper 45, Eldar Missile Launcher 20) = 65

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 1498/1500 Points

Note: This is as close to the original Paragon Army as I can get to without using Dragons and Scorpions as troop choices…

HQ:
1) Kurom Togath the “Wyvern” (Autarch 70, Mandiblasters 10, Power Weapon 10, Fusion Gun 10) = 100

2) Warlock Lord Soyokaze Solarr (Farseer 55, Runes of Warding 15, Fortune 30, Spirit Stones 20, Eldritch Storm 20) = 140

ELITES:
1) Striking Scorpions (Scorpion x 10 160, Exarch 12, Scorpion’s Claw 15, Shadowstrike 25, Stalker 5) = 217

2) Fire Dragons (Dragon x 10 160, Exarch 12, Tank Hunters 15, Crack Shot 5, Dragon’s Breath 0) = 192
--Wave Serpent “Fire Spray” Configuration (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Scatterlaser 45, Spirit Stones 10) = 125

TROOPS:
1) Dire Avengers “Shooty” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Dual Shuriken Catapults 5, Bladestorm 15) = 152

2) Dire Avengers “Close” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Power Weapon and Shimmer Shield 15, Defend 15) = 162

3) Starstriders (Ranger x 5 95, Pathfinders x 5 25) = 120

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 1998/2000 Points

Note: I have Dropped my traditional Shining Spear unit in favor of a pair of Vypers. An Alternative drops the Warp Spiders to an unled 6 man unit and adds a third Vyper. This will require Further Testing.

HQ:
1) Kurom Togath the “Wyvern” (Autarch 70, Mandiblasters 10, Power Weapon 10, Fusion Gun 10) = 100

2) Warlock Lord Soyokaze Solarr (Farseer 55, Runes of Warding 15, Fortune 30, Spirit Stones 20, Eldritch Storm 20) = 140

ELITES:
1) Rikard’s Striking Scorpions (Scorpion x 10 160, Exarch 12, Scorpion’s Claw 15, Shadowstrike 25, Stalker 5) = 217

2) Talia’s Fire Dragons (Dragon x 9 144, Exarch 12, Tank Hunters 15, Crack Shot 5, Dragon’s Breath 0) = 176
--Wave Serpent “Shrapmetal” Configuration (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Eldar Missile Launchers 30, Spirit Stones 10) = 130

TROOPS:
1) Tornado’s Dire Avengers “Shooty” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Dual Shuriken Catapults 5, Bladestorm 15) = 152

2) Cyan’s Dire Avengers “Close” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Power Weapon and Shimmer Shield 15, Defend 15) = 162
-Wave Serpent “Star Lance Configuration” (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Brightlance 45, Spirit Stones 10, Vectored Engines 20) = 145

3) Doug’s Starstriders (Ranger x 5 95, Pathfinders x 5 5) = 120

FAST ATTACK:
1) Vypers “Flame Blossom Configuration” (Vyper x 2 90, Eldar Missile Launcher x 2 40) = 130

2) Scaur’s Swooping Hawks (Hawks x 6 126, Exarch 12, Sun Rifle 15, Skyleap 15, Intercept 5) = 173

3) Venom’s Warp Spiders (Spiders x 8 176, Exarch 12, Dual Death Spinners 5, Withdraw 15) = 208

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 2499/2500 Points

NOTE: At last this is starting to look like my 2nd Ed. Army. All of the Major Players are in place here to include the Dark Reapers under Thorne, and my beloved D-Cannons!

HQ: 240

ELITES: 539
1) Rikard’s Striking Scorpions (Scorpion x 10 160, Exarch 12, Scorpion’s Claw 15, Shadowstrike 25, Stalker 5) = 217

2) Talia’s Fire Dragons (Dragon x 10 160, Exarch 12, Tank Hunters 15, Crack Shot 5, Dragon’s Breath 0) = 192 --Wave Serpent “Shrapmetal” Configuration (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Eldar Missile Launchers 30, Spirit Stones 10) = 130

TROOPS: 892
1) Cyclonus’s Dire Avengers “Shooty” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Dual Shuriken Catapults 5, Bladestorm 15) = 152

2) Cyan’s Dire Avengers “Close” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Power Weapon and Shimmer Shield 15, Defend 15) = 162

3) Doug’s Starstriders (Ranger x 6 114, Pathfinders x 6 30) = 144

4) Siete’s Starstriders (Ranger x 6 114, Pathfinders x 6 30) = 144

FAST ATTACK: 511
1) Vypers “Flame Blossom Configuration” (Vyper x 2 90, Eldar Missile Launcher x 2 40) = 130

2) Scaur’s Swooping Hawks (Hawks x 6 126, Exarch 12, Sun Rifle 15, Skyleap 15, Intercept 5) = 173

3) Venom’s Warp Spiders (Spiders x 8 176, Exarch 12, Dual Death Spinners 5, Withdraw 15) = 208

HEAVY SUPPORT: 317
1) Thorne’s Dark Reapers (Dark Reapers x 5 175, Exarch 12, Eldar Missile Launcher 10, Fast Shot 20) = 217

2) Distort Cannon Battery (Support Platform x 2 40, D-Cannon x 2) = 100

Craftworld Paragon 2009: 3000/3000 Points

*Apocalypse – at 3000 Points Apocalypse Rules go into effect, so 3 HQs is a possibility. I have included Paragon’s Farseer and his council (The Wind Serpents) to characterize the importance of this level of play. Though not a true Data Sheet, it should be thought of as one.

NOTE: As an Alternative I can drop the falcon for another Wave Serpent to create an Aspect Wave Data Sheet!

HQ: 676
1) Ged’s Wind Serpents “Craftworld Paragon’s Seer Council” = 436*
a. Ged –Farseer of Paragon, on Wings of Wrath (Farseer 55, Spirit Stones 20, Fortune 30, Eldritch Storm 20, “Jetbike” 30, Singing Spear 3… 158)
b. Wind Serpent of Energy (Warlock 25, Destructor 10, “Jetbike” 20… 55)
c. Wind Serpent of Entropy (Warlock 25, Destructor 10, “Jetbike” 20… 55)
d. Wind Serpent of Matter (Warlock 25, Enhance 10, Singing Spear 3, “Jetbike” 20… 58)
e. Wind Serpent of Time (Warlock 25, Destructor 10, “Jetbike” 20… 55)
f. Wind Serpent of Thought (Warlock 25, Destructor 10, “Jetbike” 20… 55)

2) Kurom Togath the “Wyvern” (Autarch 70, Mandiblasters 10, Power Weapon 10, Fusion Gun 10) = 100

3) Warlock Lord Soyokaze Solarr (Farseer 55, Runes of Warding 15, Fortune 30, Spirit Stones 20, Eldritch Storm 20) = 140

ELITES: 539

2) Talia’s Fire Dragons (Dragon x 10 160, Exarch 12, Tank Hunters 15, Crack Shot 5, Dragon’s Breath 0) = 192 --Wave Serpent “Shrapmetal” Configuration (Wave Serpent 90, Dual Eldar Missile Launchers 30, Spirit Stones 10) = 130

TROOPS: 892
1) Cyclonus’s Dire Avengers “Shooty” (Dire Avenger x 10 120, Exarch 12, Dual Shuriken Catapults 5, Bladestorm 15) = 152

3) Doug’s Starstriders (Ranger x 6 114, Pathfinders x 6 30) = 144

4) Siete’s Starstriders (Ranger x 6 114, Pathfinders x 6 30) = 144

FAST ATTACK: 576
1) Vypers “Flame Blossom Configuration” (Vyper x 3 135, Eldar Missile Launcher x 2 60) = 195

HEAVY SUPPORT: 317
1) Thorne’s Dark Reapers (Dark Reapers x 5 175, Exarch 12, Eldar Missile Launcher 10, Fast Shot 20) = 217

2) Distort Cannon Battery (Support Platform x 2 40, D-Cannon x 2 60) = 100

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2010, 15:42   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I now have a battle report for my Wraithguard Eldar list.
Mission: Capture and Control
Deployment: Dawn of War
Armies: Eldar vs. Chaos Space Marines
My list:
HQ
Eldrad Ultharn
The Avatar of Khaine
Troops
3 x Wraithguard + Warlock with conceal
Heavy Support
5 Dark Reapers including Exarch with tempest launcher and fast shot
Wraithlord with scatter laser and shuriken cannon
Wraithlord with wraithsword and starcannon

Enemy List
HQ
Kharn the Betrayer
Elites
5 Chaos Terminator Champions with Power Fists and Mark of Khorne
Troops
2 x Chaos Space Marine squads including aspiring champion, mark of Tzeentch and missile launcher.
9 Khorne Beserkers in rhino
11 Khorne Beserkers
Heavy Support
Predator with Lascannons + Lascannon sponsons
Predator with Autocannon + heavy bolter sponsons
Vindicator with Daemonic Possesion

Eldar Setup
Objective placed at the back in cover. Two squads including Eldrad are deployed as far forwards as possible.
Chaos Setup
Objective placed at the back in cover.
Rhino holding 9 beserkers+ Kharn deployed as far forward as possible, as is the other squad of beserkers.
Eldar Turn 1
The army moves on. The Avatar of Khaine of runs, the third unit of wraithguard moves onto the objective. The two wraithlords enter close to each other. Eldrad casts fortune on the two deployed units and guides his unit. Both squads move back slightly. The first wraithlord fires its starcannon and destroys the rhino, killing a beserker in the blast. The other wraithlord fires all its weapons into Kharn's squad, but no more beserkers are killed. Eldrad's unit of wraithguard decimates kharn's unit, leaving only Kharn standing on one wound. The second unit kills seven beserkers from the other unit.
Chaos Turn 1
The chaos army moves on. The vindicator moves on to threaten Eldrad's unit. THe two predators move on next to one another to threaten the wraithlords. The two units of chaos space marines move on, one on the objective. Kharn assaults the Avatar. He manages to cause one wound, but is killed. The remaining beserkers assault the other unit of wraithguard, but fail to kill any and lose the combat by two, and losing another beserker to fearlessness.
End Turn One
Eldar - 1
Chaos - 2
Eldar Turn 2
The army mobilises. Eldrad fortunes his unit, guides his unit and casts Mind War on the lone Khorne Beserker, killing it and freeing the wraithguard from their combat. They move towards the objective. Eldrad moves across to threaten the predators. The two wraithlords move towards the predators. The Avatar moves towards the vindicator. The Dark Reapers fire their reaper launchers, killing five of the space marines holding the objective. The Exarch fires, but all shots scatter. One goes of the board, but the other two scatter onto the other unit of chaos space marines, killing four. The first wraithlord destroys the lascannon turret with its starcannon. The other wraithlord fires at the Chaos marines holding the objective. The Avatar runs, rolling a five, and moves closer to the vindicator.
Chaos turn 2
The unit of marines not on the objective moves, hoping to contest the eldar objective. The marines run in order to get as close as possible. The marines on the ojective fire on the avatar, but do nothing. The vindicator fire its demolisher cannon and scores a direct hit, killing seven wraithguard. The two predators concentrate all firepower on one wraithlord, wounding it twice.
End turn 2
Eldar - 1
Chaos - 1
Eldar turn 3
The damaged unit of wraithguard moves across towards the predators. Eldrad casts fortune on his unit once again, guides the wraithlord with shuriken cannon and scatter laser and casts Eldritch Storm on the vindicator. The spell fails to damage the tank, but turns the vindicator so its demolisher cannon is facing away from the Eldar. The Avatar continues on its mission to destroy the vindicator. The two wraithlords advance on the predators. The Dark reapers fire on the objective-holding marines, but roll poorly, only killing two marines. The Exarch is once again inaccurate, missing the unit three times. Although he glances the vindicator, the result is ignored due to its daemonic possesion. The two wraithlords do not shoot in order to assault the predators. THe wraithguard fire on the marines moving to contest the objective, killing them all. The Avatar fires the Wailing Doom at the vindicator's exposed rear armour, scoring a penetrating hit and destroying its demolisher cannon outright. The wraithlord with diresword assaults the undamaged predator, destroying it. The second wraithlord assaults the other predator, immobilising it, stunning the crew and destroying its main turret.
Chaos turn 3
The vindicator turns to face the Avatar. Having nothing left to lose, it rams the Avatar. The Avatar is fearless, and is forced to attempt a Death or Glory attack. It attacks the rear armour, scoring two penetrating hits and successfully wrecking the vindicator. The Terminators Deep Strike into the fray, landing close to the objective. THe marines heading for the objective move as fast as possible again. There is little shooting the Chaos can do. One wraithguard is killed by a krak missile, but nothing more is done.
Eldar - 1
Chaos - 1
Eldar Turn 4
Eldrad guides his unit and the unit on the objective. He also dooms the Terminators. The wraithlords move to attack the unit of marines on the objective, as does the AVatar. ALl the remaining wraithguard fire on the terminators, but the Gods favour them, and after all 22 wraithcannon shots have been fired, one champion remains standing. The two wraithlords and the avatar run and assault the marines on the objective. In a desparate attempt to kill the terminator, Eldrad assaults with his wraithguard. The wraithguard cause twenty wounds, but Khorne continues to bless the terminator, and it passes all of its armour saves. Eventually, however, its luck runs out, as the staff of Ulthwe forces it to take its invlunerable save, and the terminator falls. THe wraithlords and the avatar decimate the unit on the objective, leaving only the icon bearer standing. The monsters are also close enough to contest the objective.
Eldar - 1
Chaos - 0
Chaos turn 4
Chaos forfeit the battle.
Eldar - 1
Chaos - 0