Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

DE special characters?
Closed Thread
Old 02 Aug 2005, 05:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default DE special characters?

there lots of cool special charactors in DE are they any good or none of them are worth taking ?

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 02 Aug 2005, 17:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: DE special characters?

If you have the codex, why can't you determine this for yourself? They are all straightforward.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 02 Aug 2005, 18:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

yes i do have the codex i just want people opinion

Death Guard win 13 tie 0 lost 2

dark eldar wins 5 tie 0 lost 1
Old 02 Aug 2005, 19:49   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

They are all pretty useless. Lillith is a little cheaper than a Wych lord with her exact setup, but you are stuck with the agonizer. Which can be a good call but I personally like the probability control of being able to ramp up to strength 5 with a punisher to cleave through toughness 3 and 4 alike.

Wych Archite with her stuff = 116 points
Her = 90

The nicest thing about her rules is that her retinue of wyches can take whatever combat drug you want at the beginning of battle. The WS drug becomes attractive, because then most anything in combat with them start to hit on 5 and 6's. Coupled with your 4+ invulnerable save you can get some serious mileage out of two agonizers. (Succubus implanted in the retinue)

Kruellagh Deville is a joke. No power weapon, bad save, mostly a fluff character.

Asdrubael is another joke. The 14 armor all around on the skimmer is nice, but in close combat he will become an expensive paper weight real quick. If you're careful you can lock up a squad that cannot deal with 11 armor, but then you're throwing 270+ points away for some turns on that. I will say some good things about him though, he does pump out a lot of BS skill 6 shots, and they are strong weapons.

Decapitator, you would have to be very good at guessing to make some use of him. Like a lictor, but dies much quicker than one. Has a poor version of rending and isn't going to survive anything short of tau.

Urien's weapons are very good, and his destructor automatically kills a lot of units depending on the Ap roll, and his grotesques are at least playable with a 5+ save. Other than that he wouldn't be too hard to beat in close combat. On the upside, he will be covered with grots hopefully and they ignore strength 5 and down weapons, but other than that I don't see too much use in just having him sit shooting.

Drazzhar is the playable special character out of the list, but he is very expensive for what he does. He can do some bodyguard tricks but other than that he is a very expensive model with the equivalent of 8 possible wounds caused on a charge. Note he is not an HQ, so in higher point games I think he becomes more playable.

There you go.

Join the arena, and succumb to the eternal lust!
http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=9054.0
Old 03 Aug 2005, 00:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

All I know is that some of them look cool.
Old 04 Aug 2005, 03:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Kruellagh: Weak and overpriced. Powerful against light infantry, but then, everything else in the Dark Eldar army is too.

Vect: An interesting one. Probably not the most effective HQ, but does have some unique abilities. Not a bad character, just not a great one.

Urien: His Destructor is great as it wounds automatically, but otherwise he's rather pricey. Again, not bad, but nothing amazing either.

Lelith: Basically a slightly underequipped Archite, but the ability to choose the drugs for her Retinue is nice. A solid choice.

Decapitator: If you can predict your opponent well then he can be very effective. Great for dealing with enemy heavy weapon squads and generally causing havoc.

Drazhar: Deadly, but very overpriced. He's almost as expensive as 4 Incubi, and his special bodyguard power is rather pointless considering the deadliness of Lords. He's cool, but a waste of points.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Closed Thread