Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Incubi, the beginner to a long line of questions!
Old 30 Jun 2010, 18:47   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Incubi, the beginner to a long line of questions!

Hallo dear fellow gamers

I have had a small 500 pts army of DE for some while now, which have really proved to be pathetic and boring. But I have no problem to say that I have not studied them enough and haven't mastered them in any way. I usually play orks and almost allways win. That is why I choose DE.. They are hard to play with. The are dark, I love evil.. Love the drug fluff as well

So I am slowly begining to take them seriously and want to master them correctly.

My first question is: WHY NOT INCUBI?

They have power weapon with high intiativ? which is magnificent against all but ork and tyranid? Arent they needed against the termies? ect?
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2010, 22:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Incubi, the beginner to a long line of questions!

At 500pts they're not necessary, I'd worry more about building solid troop choices first (Raider Squads or Raider-mounted Wyches), but at higher point levels I always take a medium-sized squad of Incubi. The thing to keep in mind is they're really not a Deathstar unit. They're great at disproportionately mulching through squads of medium-heavy infantry--units of MEQs, TEQs with low Invuln saves, and maybe some small hordes-- but serious anvil units like TH/SS termies or Nob Bikers will give them trouble.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 15:00   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Yeah sorry about that naturally i meant that I was also expanding alot.. possible to 1500 pts..
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jul 2010, 22:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Meh, they are all right. I wouldn't try them out until 2000 points but that is just me. I prefer my Lords free of retinues as I see them as a "ball and chain".

However, I do think they have become a little more popular now with 5th edition but if they were totally awesome then we probably would be seeing more of them and for some reason we do not.

They are not bad, for me it's just my style of play that doesn't usually allow them in my lists.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 02:29   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

At 500 points you are going to have trouble playing DE. Or so I have heard. Your guys arn't cheap, and they are pretty squishy. Expand!
Carrelio is offline   Reply With Quote