Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What would people like to see in the next DE codex?
Old 19 May 2010, 15:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default What would people like to see in the next DE codex?

So I saw this forum over in the tau section and figured we should have one too. Just any sort of random unit or improvement.

Personally I would like to see a psyker for new units, some warp spiders equivalent. I would also like to see a fallen phoenix lord for special character.

wererat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2010, 21:21   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia
Default Re: What would people like to see in the next DE codex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wererat
So I saw this forum over in the tau section and figured we should have one too. Just any sort of random unit or improvement.
Hmm, well considering the Tau section is the most popular army on this forum by a long shot, and DE is the least popular...

Also, psykers? dont be ridiculous. You know how much anti-psyker gear we have :P

Things i would like to see changed:
-Raiders reduced to 45 Points
-Ravagers fine
-Raider/ravager upgrades reduced (way to expensive for what 5th ed upgrades can do)
-Scourges relentless and fast attack slots. Weapons on scourges cheaper
-All warriors and scourges have option for pistol/ccw or rifle
-Talos gets more than 1 armour penetration roll
-Wyches cost the same but come with plasma grenedes and wych weapons. Haywire grenedes same cost though. This is because 99% of combat units have some sort ofability to strike through cover withouth paying for it
-Mandrakes have rending or are reduced to 12 points (either way and i am happier)
-Reaver Jetbikes able to take splinter cannons
-Poison blades to allow extra attacks from having 2 ccw (as they are the only poison that doesnt)

Things i would like to see in the next release though:
-More Plastics (it feels like the only things plastic are the bases...Ravagers even have metal!) Plastics are easier to convert/part swap and to pose and are also cheaper, and nowdays you only lose a small amount of detail as plastic is nearly as good as metal for quality.
-PLASTIC DARK LANCE WARRIORS - because everyone converts them anyway :P

Might add more later, my uni assignment is begging to be done as it is due in 2 hours...

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 06:19   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

HMM, let's see:
Night Shields giving obscured benefits,
Mandrakes given a squad leader and/or weapon options,
Everybody gets free plasma grenades,
Scourges get shorter (18-24") range assault dark lance or at least
blaster option,
Talos gets to roll multiple AP rolls like everyone else and feel no pain
(so it can maybe survive massed bolter fire),
Some fix so we don't have to rely on boats to win.

I realize the last is bordering on heresy, but barring GW adjusting victory
conditions to fit with the fluff of DE as a raiding force the army is
kinda one dimensional. Despite the current mech heavy metagame,
other armies can make radically different builds and still be competitive.
We just get variations of the same theme.
Old 26 May 2010, 09:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
No offense, but a truly wise Archon will know that boats are not required to win. There are other effective lists that arent boat spam - and alot of compeditive ones too. Footslogging wyches in a wwp list was a very nasty compeditor in 'ard boyz, and a Haemy list that i (and others) run can be extremely painful for our victims

So you are looking for something that already exists, but it sounds like you are yet to find it. Don't worry Dracon, you will find your dark ways soon

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Old 26 May 2010, 16:16   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Actually we only have 1 item of wargear that is specifically aimed at psykers and thd DE love for tormenting psykers is more from a fluff standpoint and so I don't see having a psychic unit creep into the list as big taboo especially if there is an explaination as to how they haven't had their eyes ripped out and their souls eatten
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2010, 16:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I could write several pages of changes but I think I will take the lazy route and just to reply to some of the already mentioned items.

Personally, I have gotten to the point of letting GW write their new codices without too much anxiety - they usually do not come close these kind of suggestions so I stopped wishing (other than a codex that isn't written by Nostradomus himself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzod
Night Shields giving obscured benefits,
I like this idea as well as forcing night fight rules everytime you want to shoot at them (kinda like that shroud the Grey Knights have).

Quote:
Mandrakes given a squad leader and/or weapon options,
I do not mind the leader idea but keeping them the same with infiltration rules is fine - since this would be highly effective means of getting into CC without harm the squad would have to be limited to something like poison weapons for all (no power weapons or powerful guns).

Quote:
Everybody gets free plasma grenades
Absolutely!

Quote:
Scourges get shorter (18-24") range assault dark lance or at least blaster option,
I am hearing rumors of a lance/melta weapon that fits this description - something like strength 6 lance with the melta rule but range 24". Average strength would be 13 at close range up to 12" but definitely weaker beyond 12". I do not mind this, we should be getting close to the enemy by army design anyway.

Quote:
Talos gets to roll multiple AP rolls like everyone else and feel no pain (so it can maybe survive massed bolter fire),
I am not sure how to make this guy better without breaking the game mechanics. Personally, I want to be able to deepstrike it but something tells me the new codex will introduce many different ways we are going to enter the game (portal, outflanking and my personal hope of flying in like a Splinter Raid force in Apocolypse).

Quote:
This kinda falls into the same thing about entering the game a couple different ways. For sure they we will have the option of using the Raider Rush but 2 or 3 more ways to engage the enemy quickly is what I am hoping for and I do not believe we will need 10+ skimmers to do it.

Quote:
I realize the last is bordering on heresy, but barring GW adjusting victory conditions to fit with the fluff of DE as a raiding force the army is kinda one dimensional.
I agree and the trend so far is they are getting more creative with special army rules and I think the two things that will change most will be how we enter the game and that of taking slaves (which is what I feel is more important to their way of life than claiming a piece of land or objective).

Quote:
Despite the current mech heavy metagame, other armies can make radically different builds and still be competitive.
Yes, they seem to be getting better at giving players options to do themes but still allow the army to take whatever it wants.

Quote:
We just get variations of the same theme.
Yah, I seem to rotate between the 3 themes myself, Kabal, Cult and Coven (which isn't even a real theme).

We can only hope and keeping our fingers crossed.
Old 04 Jun 2010, 01:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

I want some new Dark Eldar models. I dont even play DE, and dont intend to, but yall need some models that arent shit ugly.

Current 2010 Tau recored
1-0-0
xv-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jun 2010, 16:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Let's stay on topic - unless you are asking for pictures of new models to be in the next codex I do not want to hear anything related to non-codex items.

Personally, I'd rather have the codex or even a pdf before getting new models but I do understand that people love the hobby aspect over the gaming aspect. ;D
Old 06 Jun 2010, 08:41   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I agree. There is nothing worse than buying the new scourge models and modelling them with splinter cannons when in the new codex they are much better with lances. That (and many other similar cases) could well happen.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06 Jun 2010, 13:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I'd like to see some awesome models, that make me want to collect them. ;D

- Will