Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What would people like to see in the next DE codex?
Old 23 Jun 2010, 01:42   #21 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: What would people like to see in the next DE codex?

The ability to deep strike portals
Solourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 07:31   #22 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solourus
Or to be able to hide them.

Say you have 2 portals in your 2000 point list. At the start of the game you write down a secret note for each portal, detailing which model with armoury access (Independant character or squad leader) has each portal. You then reveal the relevant ones when placing it. This means that you can swap it up between games, and your opponent wont know what to shoot at. Lastly, in fluff - you dont see all imperial guard tanks and infantry saying "That one lord has a portal in his pocket, shoot everything" because you just cant "see" the portal until it is deployed.

Lord Zambia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2010, 15:33   #23 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solourus

I like this, I know its a stratagem in Apocalypse where we get 3 of them, place them on the board and use scatter dice to see where they end up.

Also, the apocalypse portals did not let you assault from them so I hope that is not a hint for the future.

One other ability of the stratagem is that you can use the portal even after you emerge from it - it lets you escape into it and you get to reappear at the other portal.

Question is...will they continue to let us assault from it?
Old 23 Jun 2010, 22:21   #24 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Lord Zambia

I hope so. I dont want to get wyches screaming out of a portal at space marines - to stand still and shoot them with strength 3 pistols! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhontauel
4 lightening claws LMAO. wouldn't the inquisition get involved?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedibean
Killing terminators with flamers is like trying to stop a charging elephant with a fly swatter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
if your not going to change your ammo between battles then you deserve to be giving people rashes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrino
Ah, that's a shame. It's kind of funny, because I'd imagine that running headfirst into a force field would pretty much ruin your initiative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire at Will
Why not take over France? You could do it with a pistol, which in doing would make you the most armed man in the country.
Want to play Robot Wars using 40k Concepts? PM me for details on how you can get your FREE copy of the rules.
Lord Zambia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2010, 14:22   #25 (permalink)
Shas'La

In my ideal fantasy world, Phil Kelly is writing it, and he will realize the idiocy of taking an unarmored assault unit and giving them the ability to deploy but not assault... Like putting assault marines in a drop pod. It's just stupid, don't try it kids, it'll ruin your life.
I can't believe games workshop are really that unorganised. The DE codex looks like it was made back in 1970 and yet they're more worried about making sure the space marines are walking around in diamond coated power armour and shooting tyranids with sequin covered bolters
Deris87 is offline   Reply With Quote